Release Area : Stirk

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 22 Jul 2014, 19:35

I open this to have a place where everything regarding the release of Stirk and all the needed steps to get there, can be talked about. As (almost) everything has been finished apart from the NPCs, we will not need to do much in this thread other than coordinating remaining tasks.

As far as I can tell two things need to happen next:

1. Updating PC-Data
2. Finding out how we perform the NPCing.

The following things need to be done within PC_Data:
- Colovian and Nibenese Race removed.
- Armors need to be given Stats
- All clothing and faces need to be added.
- The Lamia needs to be reviewed and added.
- All involved plants should get their collision fixed.
- Empty containers need to be filled. This is the actually involving task.

Filling containers is something I have done for the Skyrim-project in the past. I am capable of doing it, but it will take some days.
As SamirA cannot really handle files right now, I will also take care of any needed additions. But I need your input on the armor stats. Adding armor stats and filling containers can be delayed to a separate PC-Data-Update, though, if needed.

Regarding the NPCing... can anybody link us to any related files or threads? I remember that NPCs have been discussed a lot in depth in various threads. But is there any WIP-file by TDF?

Another thing I noticed in an earlier version of Stirk was that there were vanilla crates with dunmer content found everywhere around the island. If they have not been replaced by our equivalents yet, it should be done by someone still.

Am I right in saying that the latest version of Stirk is here?
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=419&start=140

Praedator
P:C Reviewer

Re: Release Area : Stirk

Postby Praedator » 22 Jul 2014, 19:49

nice plan Worsas :)

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 22 Jul 2014, 19:49

We have loads of threads dedicated to who the residents of Stirk are so even if we don't have a WIP to work from it should be fairly simple as whoever is making the NPC's doesn't have to come up with things just copy over our ideas.

I would add that ingreds needs to be sorted out as well. We have a number of items that need icons and stats in that category I believe.

Unless Scamp has a new file to upload with any recent tweaks, that should be the most recent Stirk, yes.
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 23 Jul 2014, 11:27

Here's the link, WIP file plus various notes.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 23 Jul 2014, 14:02

Thankyou very much, TDF!

The amount of dialogue entries in that file is rather impressive. We'll only have to add scripts for the two subraces and change all dialogue entries that use the subraces as condition to utilize the respective variables instead of the race. After that all NPCs that use the subraces could be turned into imperials. While doing so, we should take care to give the npc the respective counter piece among the imperial faces, so that they remain visually intact.

This file needs to be loaded together with a cell called Stirk. Whoever is going to clean up the file, should create a separate esp with a placeholder (interior) cell named Stirk to be loaded together. That shouldn't cause problems, I think and the dialogue filter will be satisfied.

So the next steps could look like this:
- Cleaning up the above file as described.
- When the new PC_Data is availible revise the npcs to give them some of our new clothing and armor.
- Add missing dialogue
- Put the NPCs into the game world

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 24 Jul 2014, 16:52

I only just noticed that there are still a number of interiors that would have to be reviewed first. While it is another hurdle towards a release, it maybe leaves me some time to perform that data update.

The following armor sets still lack values:
-Nibenese Bronze Armor (18 AR like templar?)
-Guard Armor (13 AR?)
-Colovian Iron Armor (16 AR, like nordic iron armor? due to the massive construction)
-Colovian Steel Armor (could be easily 20 AR)
-Colovian Prince Armor (it is more or less like the colovian iron armor. maybe should get renamed)
-Kali Mes Armor (like studded leather, I'd say)
-Redguard Armor (could be adapted to the redguard armor in Skyrim-Data. I am personally not too fond of this armor, in general. To me it doesn't represent redguard style well enough to be called redguard armor)

Praedator

Postby Praedator » 24 Jul 2014, 17:08

I cannot review them as they are mine :D

Why would guard armor be so low in AR? Compared to the others its the worst...

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 24 Jul 2014, 17:13

I can't review them at this time either. TES96 and Scamp should try to knock those out.

Colovian Prince armor is named because it is taken from a piece of concept art from the PGE that is called colovian prince.
Project Coordinator

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 24 Jul 2014, 18:13

Praedator wrote:Why would guard armor be so low in AR? Compared to the others its the worst...

I have taken orientation on the legion armors. I assume the guard armor is not made of something better than steel and it visually appears to be of lighter construction (despite featuring a breastplate, I would either treat it as medium or light armor). We could have it at 14 AR, which would put it exactly between the much broader legion steel armor and the legion chainmail.

Colovian Prince armor is named because it is taken from a piece of concept art from the PGE that is called colovian prince.

It is an armor that could be worn by almost anyone, though, as it is not particularly ornate nor elegant in design.

In fact this armor could be made more valuable, but would still be worn by other people but nobles, I imagine. Except we decide to give this armor a specific function as noble armor. Then we could call it Colovian Noble Armor.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 25 Jul 2014, 00:28

Worsas wrote:
Praedator wrote:Why would guard armor be so low in AR? Compared to the others its the worst...

I have taken orientation on the legion armors. I assume the guard armor is not made of something better than steel and it visually appears to be of lighter construction (despite featuring a breastplate, I would either treat it as medium or light armor). We could have it at 14 AR, which would put it exactly between the much broader legion steel armor and the legion chainmail.

It is an armor that could be worn by almost anyone, though, as it is not particularly ornate nor elegant in design.

In fact this armor could be made more valuable, but would still be worn by other people but nobles, I imagine. Except we decide to give this armor a specific function as noble armor. Then we could call it Colovian Noble Armor.

It could be assumed that in some cases you have ornate armor for its look, but other more practical armor for actual battle. This is just an idea.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 27 Jul 2014, 10:42

We have a few ingredients that didn't exist in Oblivion that therefore still lack their effects:

Blood Lilly Flower (the blood lilly is used around Stirk, I believe)
Blood Lilly Pod
Thungleweed Flower
Trinity Fruit

I'm currently working through all ingredients that are lacking their models or icons. When I'm done all currently existing ingredients should be usable.

Here are some of the new models alongside some of the older ones. A few of the old ones still need their alpha and material properties fixed. I also had to change the size of some of the old ingredients and I exchanged the wheat model with the better one we are using at SHOTN. You will have to check up on any interior where they have been used hereafter, but better now than later, I'd say.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... ngreds.jpg

Can someone suggest effects for the above 4 ingredients?
Still any idea how to call the colovian prince armor and what stats and purpose to give it?

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 27 Jul 2014, 16:54

I'd say leave the name of the armor as a nod to Bethesda. It is supposed to be noble armor, so your dukes and other nobles of colovia would have a set. I don't know what stat range it should be in but it should be above iron.
Project Coordinator

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 27 Jul 2014, 19:18

I'm done with all ingredient models and icons now. But I still need input on the magical effects of Blood Lilly, Trinity Fruit and Thungleweed.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 27 Jul 2014, 19:44

For what it's worth, what's now called Redguard armor was originally intended to be an Imperial set (the Colovians have a range of Mediterranean influences, including Persian). Y'all decided it would work better as a Redguard set and I kind of just went with it :P

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 27 Jul 2014, 20:47

Worsas wrote:I'm done with all ingredient models and icons now. But I still need input on the magical effects of Blood Lilly, Trinity Fruit and Thungleweed.

Trinity fruit would be one of your more standard wild type foods. Since its red, I would think a restore health effect would be nice.

One thing if possible, which possibly should have been mentioned earlier. It would be nice if any foods we have, have a small but very long lasting effect. The idea that eating and gaining a small amount of fatigue or whatever instantly is kinda dumb and it would be much much better if they effect lasted for a while because thats what would actually happen.

Blood Lilly, no idea, make it something useful to magic maybe? I dont know, perhaps useful for restoring health since we dont see tons of that.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 27 Jul 2014, 22:52

One thing if possible, which possibly should have been mentioned earlier. It would be nice if any foods we have, have a small but very long lasting effect. The idea that eating and gaining a small amount of fatigue or whatever instantly is kinda dumb and it would be much much better if they effect lasted for a while because thats what would actually happen.

Either by turning food into potions or perhaps by adding a script that checks on the onequip-condition. I would do neither of both, as it is basically us fiddling around with game mechanics that we shouldn't need to worry about. Why should our food have a lasting effect while bread remains a simple ingredient?

But I'll use your ideas when making up effects for these ingredients..

@St Jiub: I do not mind as much as it maybe sounds. Yeti, who is also at TR wanted to have that armor for the redguards at Dragonstar and karthwasten. So maybe the armor doesn't look as unfitting in that function. I'm always quick in complaining about something.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 27 Jul 2014, 23:59

Haha no worries, I wasn't offended or anything :D

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 01 Aug 2014, 19:49

I'm having issues with many of the container categories, I originally made up.

There are some legion armor containers. But we will have differing legions with differing armor sets. Containers that are for bandits, smugglers, kitchenware, redware, mis possession etc. are set up in a way that they cannot take the local cultural differences into account. We would either have colovian redware everywhere or nowhere in the province, for example.

The closets were particularly idiotically categorized and I have no idea how to fix the mess right now. Everything may have been used already. I cannot go ahead and just delete or rename them, as I would like to.

As for clutter, bandits and possessions, etc. I wonder if it would be actually the best approach to create them for individual cities and regions once we get started on them rather than having general ones around. Also, there are some other container categories (nord, redguard, etc) I would like to get rid of.

I also believe we should get rid of any of the trader containers. They can just aswell be created individually by the interior modder which would make them much more fitting for the individual trader anyway.

Those containers are fucking mess.

Praedator

Postby Praedator » 01 Aug 2014, 20:08

ahem I am filling Anvil docks with loads of containers of each category...

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 01 Aug 2014, 20:13

The only reasonable solution I can think of now, involves a massive Search&Replace - feast.

I leave all containers, I want to get rid of, empty and only fill the ones that are supposed to stay. Then I create new containers of more reasonable categories that I will fill right away.

When the new Data is finished, we go ahead and replace all of the containers I left empty with the new, better-categorized equivalents. The new categories will be based on regions. Accordingly, when new regions are reached, new containers must be created, but this allows us to create containers that are much more suitable for the location.

I will post a list of the categories and new containers I want to create and a list of the containers I want to get rid of later on. Then we could also check if there are unneeded and missing categories.

Next

Return to Stirk