HaZard's Interior Showcase

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here.
HaZard
Pleb

HaZard's Interior Showcase

Postby HaZard » 14 Feb 2014, 13:44

EDIT: File Resubmitted following critique of previous version.

Hi Guys,

I'm submitting a interior showcase to display what I can do for the future development of this project.

The showcase is a Spooky House, it is filled with things that would make most normal people feel uncomfortable, it is based on the haunted house in Anvil.

Features:
Code: Select all
I)Three msgbox Based scripts, each providing a different function.
II) The use of the Hlallu tileset(2FLR House) and the Imperial tileset(Cellar)
III) Many tricky objects that are placed almost perfectly, Use of furn_de_p etc..
IV)A Custom Mesh/Door used in the Cellar Cell
V)A Custom Book (any HP Lovecraft fans will appreciate the reference)

*There are two ways to get into the house, the first being the console.(haha duh) The second would be to visit Balmora and take the road leading towards Caldera (you can't miss it)

**This is only a Interior showcase, I plan to add more models after touching base with Tarius. I have plans to moving the house to a 6 cell exterior island, creating an extensive quest leading up to the discovery of said house, In order to truly display my extensive experience with CS and other aspects of MW Modding

***The Archive that is attached contains an esp[Cleaned with TESAME] and one mesh, I'm sure you all know what needs to be done with them.
Attachments
hazardshowcase (2).zip
(456.83 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Last edited by HaZard on 14 Feb 2014, 23:36, edited 3 times in total.
"The infinite once fractured, cascading into creation; as one rests their dreary eyes on the chime of nights fold, may the silence of it's glistening tears drip into the depths of consciousness, and settle within the grander purpose."-REGS

TrainingDummy
P:C Modder

Re: HaZard's Interior Showcase

Postby TrainingDummy » 14 Feb 2014, 19:58

Hey HaZard,

I'm not a reviewer, but these are my thoughts.

I rather liked the narrative parts of the house; makes you feel like someone is playing a trick on you.

For a house this large it felt really empty, try to add more clutter. The things you do have placed are done well from what I could see play testing it. The only issues I saw were with the first floor. The corner piece next to the cellar door isn't lined up proper, and the spider web right next to the table has a whole side not attached to anything. Those should be simple fixes.

The last thing is I was unable to load your custom mesh in either the game itself, or the CS. You may want to look into that (could possibly be an issue on my end).

Overall I think it's a good start :)

HaZard
Pleb

Postby HaZard » 14 Feb 2014, 21:27

Hey Training Dummy,

I appreciate your feedback, I will see to it that those errors are rectified.

I)I cant believe I missed the misaligned tile, that's usually something that I scrutinize more than anything.

II) I will check the Vanilla Cobweb mesh(As I use a modified one) to verify that this looks appropriate across everyone's default installation of the meshes/textures

III)Regarding the error icon, that was entirely my fault. for whatever reason I forgot to place the mesh in both of the subfolders of the file location when uploading the package.

The esp was reading the mesh from \Meshes\rw\HSC\mesh.nif(does not exist on your system)
whereas the package contain the mesh in \Meshes\HSC\mesh.nif(where it sits in your setup)

in addition to that, i will also be uploading the redesigned texture the file uses, just in the event that it is not correct in the vanilla bsa archive.

IV) With regards to the clutter, I agree now that the rooms are both quite "vacant" I wanted this to be more of spec demo, then something that is dare I say, "Complete". I see now that, that probably isn't the best philosophy when submitting an interior showcase, I will be adding more to entirety of the home.

Thanks again for the feedback, I will fix the noted errors and resubmit the package.

Kind Regards,

HaZard
"The infinite once fractured, cascading into creation; as one rests their dreary eyes on the chime of nights fold, may the silence of it's glistening tears drip into the depths of consciousness, and settle within the grander purpose."-REGS

HaZard
Pleb

Postby HaZard » 22 Feb 2014, 23:18

Bump

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 22 Feb 2014, 23:42

I agree with TrainingDummy that the narrative in the house is very good and the sort of thing we like to see here. Now you just need to work on placement of objects as well as following some simple rules when it comes to modding.

#1 You have quite a bit of style mixing here, from using de_p and de_r in the same interior to the mixture of tilesets. Make sure you are using one theme throughout an interior build or people are going to see it as disjointed.

#2 Placement errors, it was good that you attempted to use de_p but by doing so you displayed a lack of proper placement. If you look at many of the books you have lying on de_p furniture you will see that they are defying gravity often by resting on on tiny edge while the rest is floating. We call this a floater. You also have many objects that are colliding with others such as the alchemy equipment on the desk and the barrel next to the throne with the mummy on it. We call these bleeders. The idea is to get things resting naturally on surfaces as if there was actual gravity in game and obviously objects should touch but not bleed into one another.

#3 I like the look of your custom mesh it looked nice. I also liked your makeshift work that helped tell your story with the throne and ash pit and mummy.

My advice would be to turn this into a true interior showcase by creating an interior cell alone with no new meshes and no links to the exterior. I simply want to see your ability to place objects properly and continue to tell a story in your interior while also keeping a consistent theme. If you use poor furniture it should be poor throughout and the interior should reflect that it is a poor household etc. You have the skills that are impossible to teach alredy, you just need to work on the skills that we can teach.

Submit a new interior (could be this one again just need to have the cellar and house match and take care of other style mixing issues) making sure you pay close attention to object placement as you are telling your story. We will then work on that file as a brand new showcase with a full three tries before another is submitted. I think this is the best way to proceed since there was so much included here that should be reserved for other showcase types.
Project Coordinator

Return to Modder Showcase