P:C Data Structure

Helpful tutorials for doing various things, mostly mod-related.
Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

P:C Data Structure

Postby Wollibeebee » 31 May 2013, 01:43

Alright, by requests I have decided to quickly write this tutorial for new members of the team to organize any art files they've created before uploading it. SamirA is not involved in the art departments, he does interiors. So it can be very tricky for him to add files when they are not archived properly - and I usually do it for him.

textures:
if it's flora:
pc_flora_example
for the rest of the textures, we are pretty easy going on structure, it's best to use pc_tx_example when making something, but if you look at our data it's not a requirement.
So long as it has pc_ on the front, it's fine.

When uploading a replacer that will not automatically replace the original be sure to specify this. If you make a .dds file to replace a .tga, the tga will not be deleted. You must make note of this to ensure that SamirA can delete the new irrelevant texture.

meshes:
all meshes must follow strict guidelines. pc_ must be in front of each name, no exceptions.
pc_ex_ for exterior meshes
pc_in_ for interior meshes
pc_furn_ for furniture meshes
pc_flora_ for flora meshes
etc

Try to use as many prefixes as possible to make sure assets of a set stay together in the listings in the CS. A good example of this is to be sure where you stick the prefixes, pc_furn_com_chair and pc_furn_chair_com are not interchangeable, you can't add a new chair with the latter prefixes exists if someone has already used the first. This creates confusion for modders.

Be sure to package models in the right folder so that SamirA can add them easily:
X for exteriors
I for interiors
cr for creatures
etc

Just have a look at the BSA to see where each object is generally located.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Re: P:C Data Structure

Postby Wollibeebee » 31 May 2013, 01:57

Gonna edit some parts of it later, as well as add a part about making .esp files.

I'm also making a retexturing tutorial and one on BSA extraction.

Return to Tutorials