Lexicon's Lexicon of Questions & Ideas

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Re: P:C music

Postby Wollibeebee » 15 Apr 2013, 22:09

I think he is unaware of the Red Road.

Also, all our roads minus the Silver road (which I'm not sure about, it may or may not pass through the jerral mountains into Skyrim, but I don't think it does) alreadt lead into another province.

MoonAndStar

Postby MoonAndStar » 15 Apr 2013, 22:20

What about in the Imperial city itself? A plaza in the middle called the "crossroads plaza" or something along those lines, where there are signs pointing to all the Provincial capitals: Almalexia, Haafingar, Senchal, etc. More of a monument to Imperial power rather than an actual practical sign.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 15 Apr 2013, 22:38

MoonAndStar wrote:What about in the Imperial city itself? A plaza in the middle called the "crossroads plaza" or something along those lines, where there are signs pointing to all the Provincial capitals: Almalexia, Haafingar, Senchal, etc. More of a monument to Imperial power rather than an actual practical sign.

Sounds cool, although it would only be symbolic, as there's only one bridge, talos bridge. Which is pre-oblivion, as well, I believe.

MoonAndStar

Postby MoonAndStar » 15 Apr 2013, 22:53

Wollibeebee wrote:
MoonAndStar wrote:What about in the Imperial city itself? A plaza in the middle called the "crossroads plaza" or something along those lines, where there are signs pointing to all the Provincial capitals: Almalexia, Haafingar, Senchal, etc. More of a monument to Imperial power rather than an actual practical sign.

Sounds cool, although it would only be symbolic, as there's only one bridge, talos bridge. Which is pre-oblivion, as well, I believe.

Really? heh, You'd think such a massive and powerful empire could afford to and would benefit from connecting its capital to the mainland on all sides.

Edit: asearch at TIL comes up with nothing for Talos Bridge, but UESP says that that name only comes up in the Oblivion CS, so I think maybe more bridges aren't out of the question?
Last edited by MoonAndStar on 15 Apr 2013, 23:01, edited 1 time in total.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 15 Apr 2013, 23:01

The imperial city for all its size is still a fortress. Multiple roads are multiple paths for an invader.
Paladin of Vaermina

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 16 Apr 2013, 00:27

Yeah, I meant to the capital and cities closest to the Cyrodiilic border. And I was just saying that you could have the crossroads AND MAYBE the roads leading towards the borders.
Obviously you can omit Summerset Isle cities. Who'd wanna walk there?
I just thought it'd be a nice touch :)
How bad was it?

EDIT: And add border guards! Remember Skyrim opening?

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 16 Apr 2013, 03:36

There will be roads connecting to the other provinces that are being created. We have modders on all those teams. And a pretty good bit of cooperation between them all. As far as that goes. The province teams are almost a small subcommunity of our own. Between P.C., SHOTN, and TR. and the other in development stage. argonia, high rock and elsweyr(yes elsweyr 8-) )
Paladin of Vaermina

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 16 Apr 2013, 11:43

WHAT? There's a High Rock mod being "worked on"?
AWESOME! If it looks anything like the Reach in Skyrim, I want it done.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 16 Apr 2013, 15:45

There'll be loads of boat travel options from the mainland of Cyrodiil to the Imperial Isle, even if there's only one road.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

MoonAndStar

Postby MoonAndStar » 16 Apr 2013, 16:13

A boat bridge might be a cool idea:http://www.flickr.com/photos/mukluk/174640940/

You know, so if someone invades you can just move the bridge.

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 16 Apr 2013, 21:12

Ha! Trying to invade White-Gold Tower? NOPE!
But seriously, how far along is the High Rock project? One of my favourite provinces, High Rock.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 16 Apr 2013, 22:28

I'm pretty keen for the Talos Bridge to be like 16-17th century London's bridge. There'll be a few small important buildings concerning census and goods importing and exporting, maybe guard gate half way through. It wouldn't look silly due to Weye just being on the other end of the bridge, so it could be used to merge the locations.

We could also build the waterfront around it, so that ships would dock besides the bridge both in the middle and towards Weye and the ic, taking up the entire space. Then barges could take/bring the goods to and from the ships to and from the city. The only incosistancy would be that ships just as easily go the right way around the city, but perhaps we can have some reason to stop that.

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 16 Apr 2013, 23:30

Yeah, that was one thing that confused me about Cyrodiilic city design. What's the point of the Waterfront district if Weye is on the mainland, away from the richer people's garbage? Why did nobody live in Weye?

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 17 Apr 2013, 00:02

always though that no matter how poor they were. anybody who wanted to be thought of as anybody would live in the imperial city. Even if it is just the shabby waterfront. So weye was just for the true have nots.
But since we have more room to play with. Weye will most likely be a proper little town of it's own. Instead of a few buldings at the end of the bridge.
Paladin of Vaermina

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 17 Apr 2013, 00:58

Ah, I see. People in Cyrodiil still want to feel like someone, even with an annoying rich elf belittling them because they're poor.
Anyway, will there be most of the NPC's from Oblivion put into the cities of this mod? There was only a six year gap between Oblivion and Morrowind, right?

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 17 Apr 2013, 03:44

Yes, we plan to have a bunch of them. But there is discussion on what to do with them. We have to be a bit more careful. Unlike oblivion and skyrim. In morrowind you CAN kill essential characters.
The gods only know, I have kacked off Vivec more than once.
Paladin of Vaermina

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 17 Apr 2013, 04:07

Rattfink333 wrote:Yes, we plan to have a bunch of them. But there is discussion on what to do with them. We have to be a bit more careful. Unlike oblivion and skyrim. In morrowind you CAN kill essential characters.
The gods only know, I have kacked off Vivec more than once.

If people want to go around killing random people in the street thats on them if they screw something up.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 17 Apr 2013, 04:52

That's also my feelings on it.
Paladin of Vaermina

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 17 Apr 2013, 22:55

All the quests won't be the same in P:C, right?
Where can I find the Quest Dev threads? Wanna read them, and maybe post my own quest ideas as well.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 17 Apr 2013, 23:20

Quest threads are in the modder sections. But no, we will not use any oblivion quests. We will have all our own.
Paladin of Vaermina

PreviousNext

Return to P:C Public Discussion