Lexicon's Lexicon of Questions & Ideas

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
evercharmer
P:C Modder

Re: Lexicon's Lexicon of Questions & Ideas

Postby evercharmer » 10 May 2013, 23:50

I don't think it's impossible for there to be some vampire hunters about. I think there were three quests in Oblivion including the one with the Order that had such people (though only the one in Skingrad was completely legit), and they seemed to be respected to some degree.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 11 May 2013, 00:40

And lets save the real redguard lore for when somebody does hammerfell. We got enough lore to deal with on the empies.
Paladin of Vaermina

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 11 May 2013, 03:19

That's true. The Redguards don't have to be that prominent. Just in the older games, Cyrodiil (or the Imperial Province) was very diverse, having all the other races living in the province with their traditions and culture.

Though Redguard stuff is best for a Hammefell mod.

Now, if only we could get it through Bethesda's head...

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 11 May 2013, 03:29

why?
Paladin of Vaermina

SGMonkey
P:C Admin

Postby SGMonkey » 11 May 2013, 03:44

Lexicon, just curious but how old are you?

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 11 May 2013, 13:36

Sorry, but I prefer to keep that to myself. To give you an idea, I like 70s/80s rock.

Also, that last remark was because Bethesda keeps on bringing Morrowind lore back into their later games (Skyrim being the worst offender) instead of introducing a new culture, or just sticking mainly to the culture of the province's citizens. I don't want to learn more about Norrowind, I want to see a glimpse of some High Rock culture.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 11 May 2013, 13:43

TheLexicon wrote:Sorry, but I prefer to keep that to myself. To give you an idea, I like 70s/80s rock.

You could be 40-50, and have grown up with that music.
Or 10-20, and your parents could have raised you listening to that music, making it nostalgic to you.
You could be 30, going through a mid-life crisis.
Or you could just, you know, have a preference in music.

Although it's best you don't tell us your age, seeing as the username TheLexicon, that fact that you live with your little brother, and your age is enough to hunt you down and steal your laptop. Wait.

:P

High Rock culture is great.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 11 May 2013, 14:11

Of course, Wolli, you can't hunt TheLexicon down and steal his laptop because, for all your Holmeseque deductions you have forgotten the crucial fact that he doesn't have a laptop.

Steal his hamster instead. :P
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Griff

Postby Griff » 11 May 2013, 14:29

what bands do you like from the 70/80s ?

Luxray

Postby Luxray » 11 May 2013, 15:03

TheLexicon wrote:...Bethesda keeps on bringing Morrowind lore back into their later games (Skyrim being the worst offender) instead of introducing a new culture, or just sticking mainly to the culture of the province's citizens.

God forbid that Bethesda actually detail out the province they have chosen to set their game in! Skyrim itself isn't the most tolerant of countries (for the most part). Edit: especially compared to Cyrodiil, which as the heartland of the Empire, is by far the most cosmopolitan of the provinces, even if Oblivion was a poor representation of it. Though what would I know. I haven't even played TES:V yet.
<Shurdi3> Also who has a framed picture of food in their house? What is this, TES instagram?

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 11 May 2013, 15:35

Skyrim was mostly nordic. The dunmer were a small part, and mostly put in because the guy who wrote those two books seemed to have a major grudge against the dunmer.

(he practically wiped them out and took their province from them, which of course... now they still have it, mostly the north half which is better than nothing)

I mean unless you spent all your time in windhelm you hardly saw any.
Paladin of Vaermina

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 11 May 2013, 19:13

Rattfink333 wrote:Skyrim was mostly nordic. The dunmer were a small part, and mostly put in because the guy who wrote those two books seemed to have a major grudge against the dunmer.

(he practically wiped them out and took their province from them, which of course... now they still have it, mostly the north half which is better than nothing)

I mean unless you spent all your time in windhelm you hardly saw any.

Sounds like he liked the Telvanni than. haha
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

evercharmer

Postby evercharmer » 12 May 2013, 01:05

Something like the Red Year was pretty much always meant to happen, as I understand it. They just wouldn't let Kirkbride do it in Morrowind.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 12 May 2013, 01:16

I guess. Just glad They backed off the total extermination that was hinted at in the books. And left them something of the province when they did skyrim's and the DLC's lore.
Paladin of Vaermina

Previous

Return to P:C Public Discussion