Lexicon's Lexicon of Questions & Ideas

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
TheLexicon
Pleb

Re: Lexicon's Lexicon of Questions & Ideas

Postby TheLexicon » 03 May 2013, 14:38

Okay. I'll have to look up Moth priests now.

I still think incorporating Vaermina's realm would be awesome for some questline. Have Henatier involved! :D

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 03 May 2013, 21:38

TheLexicon wrote:Okay. I'll have to look up Moth priests now.

I still think incorporating Vaermina's realm would be awesome for some questline. Have Henatier involved! :D

Again, we're planning something-can't go into what.

All I can say is the plan doesn't involve Henantier, or at least not at this point.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 04 May 2013, 01:10

Okay... Now I have to become an official working dude. Though I can't due to lack of computer. I'll get one soon, I swear!

What are the chances of this mod adding new spells? Because having Posession spells would make the game AWESOME! Though that would take FOREVER to script and incorporate. Don't take that seriously; just an idea.

And how awesome will Kvatch be? We Oblivion fans never did get to see the city in it's full glory.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 04 May 2013, 01:50

Scamp will be doing Kvatch.

We won't be making any gameplay changes.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 04 May 2013, 02:16

good rules of thumb for a mod.

does exactly what is says
does not add any more stuff than is ABSOLUTELY needed
does not make any game changes
does not change vanilla items
is cleaned of any dirty references
only exeptions should be if the purpose of the mod is to change something vanilla or gamewise.

way too many people start out with "this is a new armor"
but by the time they are done it is new armor, new house, changed spells up, added new sign, changed city layout, and made vivec a godly god cause i wanted too

At which point nobody will use the mod even if it the most awesome armor on the face of the planet. because it changed too much stuff.
Paladin of Vaermina

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 04 May 2013, 13:06

Ah, I see. Well, I guess when I learn about this stuff, I'll probably do that.

The posession power in Dishonored was awesome. :)

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 06 May 2013, 00:53

An idea. A quest that delves into the history of the White-Gold Tower. Why the Ayleids built it, stuff like that.

Or just quests about the Ayleid's history and culture. And where and why they use Welkynd/Varla stones as light sources as opposed to torches.

And a question about the mod's content: Will there be vampire clans like in the vanilla Morrowind game? Because there was at least one Cyrodiilic clan.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 06 May 2013, 09:48

I'm pretty sure there will be one Cyrodiil vampire clan. I'm pretty sure that in Oblivion there was a book where it explicitly said that all the other clans had been driven out of Cyrodiil.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 06 May 2013, 23:15

I believe the white gold tower, like the direnni tower predates the aylieds. I'll have to look it up. But I remember seeing some lore references to those two and a few other ones being thought to be the things that actually hold mundus together.
Paladin of Vaermina

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 07 May 2013, 00:07

I thought those "Tower Theories" were just fan-made speculation. :shrug:

Anyway, seeing a vampire clan in Cyrodiil would be awesome! :D

And I'm sure that the Ayleids built White-Gold Tower. I thought one of the loading screens in Oblivion said that or something.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 07 May 2013, 02:02

I have already posted an idea on vampires in Cyrodiil some time ago. Just imagine the current pop culture around em and you will get something close. (No! Not sparkles! That doesnt count!)

I have also posted something about about the White Gold Tower. Not often do I get an idea that stems directly from some person posting in a thread like this.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 08 May 2013, 02:52

Uh, sorry? I honestly have never seen your suggestions.

I'll try to change tracks, then.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 08 May 2013, 02:56

Well that is not your fault. There are modder only forums where we kick this stuff around. That way we can argue and vet it without somebody getting a premature idea that we are going to do something we may very well not do in the end.

Not meaning vampires in particular. We will have a clan of them of course..
Paladin of Vaermina

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 08 May 2013, 20:50

Our vampire clan will pretty closely follow the lore outlined in Manifesto Cyrodiil Vampyrum and Immortal Blood, I'd imagine.

As far as the tower theory goes, it's pretty much official. It's referenced in the Keyes novels, and it originally came from Michael Kirkbride anyhow so it was always more than mere fan speculation.

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 09 May 2013, 02:41

That's cool. I don't know if someone else came up with this, but I think that Anvil should have some kind of Aldmeri influence. Something like some High Elves working in Anvil, maybe even a Summerset Isle Shipping Company or something.

How bad was it?

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 09 May 2013, 02:45

We are working the East Empire Company angle. There should be some altmer around the place. But there is no aldmeri dominion at this time. It is all one empire during morrowinds time. With but rumors of trouble brewing.
Paladin of Vaermina

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 10 May 2013, 00:53

Right. I thought that Dummerset Isle would be acting very independent, and would for the most part disregard the Empire.

That's one thing I never understood. Why is it called the "East Empire Company" if it functions all over Tamriel? Did it just start in the eastern side and expanded?

What kind of Redguard influences will be in Sutch and Chorrol? Will there be some Alik'r warriors showing up close to the border of Hammerfell? Or is the Alik'r faction non-existent in the Third Era?

I wonder if the Order of the Virtuous Blood has a bigger influence in Cyrodiil. Maybe the aforementioned vampire clan will be struggling against this order, and vice versa?

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 10 May 2013, 01:00

If you look at the true historical counterpart the east india company you will better understand.

The order of the virtuous blood had just been founded in oblivion. So unless I am mistaken about that it won't exist yet.

There will be some redguard influence in appropriate places such as near the border.
Paladin of Vaermina

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 10 May 2013, 01:00

Are you training us for who wants to be a TES-millionaire?

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 10 May 2013, 22:29

@Rattfink Oh, okay, I'll read up on my lore. :) I thought that the Order was still existant, but wasn't as powerful. I guess what I meant is we could have a prosperous vampire hunting guild, and the three members of the Order in Oblivion could've have been members, until the group disbanded due to some legal issues (i.e. killing civilians just because they think they're a vampire). And great to hear about the Redguard influences. Wonder how much of one, though? Will certain ideas of Yokudan culture and theories of how their ancestors sunk Yokuda would be cool.

@Wollibeebee Maybe...:)

PreviousNext

Return to P:C Public Discussion