Lexicon's Lexicon of Questions & Ideas

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
DJGamer
Mad God

Re: Lexicon's Lexicon of Questions & Ideas

Postby DJGamer » 29 Apr 2013, 16:52

TheLexicon wrote:By the way, thanks for changing the name of the thread! Fits the discussion! :)

:adminpower:

Don't get many opportunities to use this one.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 29 Apr 2013, 22:35

Phew, I thought you locked/deleted this thread. I intend to use it for quest plotline suggestions/mod questions. :)

Right now, I think having a Hunter's Guild would be really cool in Cyrodiil. Have all the foresters be working for an Imperial-sanctioned organization. Quests like "get ten wolf pelts" or "harvest 25 potatoes from farms" would also be cool.
How bad was it?

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 29 Apr 2013, 22:58

What we want you to do here. Is go over to that there farmer bob's house. And hunt us up some taters for dinner.

(use long drawn out drawl when you read this)

:lol:

it's amusing
Paladin of Vaermina

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 30 Apr 2013, 02:29

TheLexicon wrote:Phew, I thought you locked/deleted this thread. I intend to use it for quest plotline suggestions/mod questions. :)

No, I was using the icon to indicate that I used my glorious Mad God-ish Admin Power to transmogrify the thread title-a bit like using Wabbajack, really-just need to be careful not to suddenly turn the thread into a goat, or an ogrim, or a wereshark. We're going to need a bigger forum.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 01 May 2013, 02:21

Ahahaha! Yep, that's what it is!

But I think a Hunter's Guild would be pretty cool in P:C because it could add to the role-play, as well as offer marksman trainers and various other services.

Another idea is to heavily incorporate the Elder Council. Kind of like the Great Houses, except just one council, and you don't gain a seat in it at the end. Rather, a hefty sum of gold/player-mansion, like the Great House strongholds.
How bad was it?

Luxray
P:C Modder

Postby Luxray » 01 May 2013, 02:31

You know you don't have to 'brace for impact' with every idea you post. We're pretty friendly.
<Shurdi3> Also who has a framed picture of food in their house? What is this, TES instagram?

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 01 May 2013, 02:38

I hope you die in a horrible circus accident, Luxray.

The hunters guild doesn't sound "right," I feel like it doesn't really fit Imperial culture, I can't give an explination why, because I don't really have one. It just sounds more medieval/High Rock in principal. Also, we'll likely have more than enough factions: fighters, thieves and mages guilds; dark botherhood, imperial legion (with a navy sub-group, maybe); temples; blades. Then MQ for the entire mod, and for each city. And we don't want to many quests, as they're often the hardest to make.

Sounds good, although it's something I'd like to see only accessible once some sort of quest has been complete, a really important quest.

Luxray

Postby Luxray » 01 May 2013, 02:42

I can see (independent) hunters' lodges being in and around Cyrodiil. The forest might be making way for jungle but I'm sure there are still things to hunt in a jungle.
<Shurdi3> Also who has a framed picture of food in their house? What is this, TES instagram?

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 01 May 2013, 03:08

Maybe the hunter guild could just be based around hircine's shrine. Just something for his cult members to keep busy with and get new followers for him from.

I am pretty sure we will do something down the road with the elder council when we get to the imperial city. Wouldn't mind having a seat on it as well.

And we will have to really show the moth priests off. I wanna see their digs as well.
Paladin of Vaermina

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 01 May 2013, 23:05

Ah, I see. I thought that since this is only six years before Oblivion, some of the foresters HAVE to be hunting. :P

Though having individual lodges dotted in secluded areas of Cyrodiil would be acceptable.

And taking a page from Rattfink, we could have a larger lodge in the Jerall Mountains, and have them worship Hircine. And we could tie them into the main quest, though I've no idea how, as I don't know what the main quest's storyline is.

But yeah, having them as a small sub-faction could work. Something like the vampire clans on Vvardenfell. But just a couple quests and you activate another Daedric quest for Hircine.

How bad was it (yes, I'll still say it, for being persistent with this idea)?

evercharmer

Postby evercharmer » 02 May 2013, 00:33

I like the idea of random lodges around Cyrodiil. Not anything in an organized guild or the like, just places that the locals formed over time.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 02 May 2013, 15:46

Yeah I'd go with that. A hunter's guild would be a bit dull for the player to join.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 02 May 2013, 20:32

Okay. The largest one leads to a Hircine quest? What is the reward?

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 02 May 2013, 22:32

Rattfink333 wrote:And we will have to really show the moth priests off. I wanna see their digs as well.
How difficult would it be to attach a particle emitter to a piece of clothing like a robe, I wonder? It could be cool to make a moth particle effect to simulate a cloud of ancestors flying around them.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 02 May 2013, 23:53

Saint_Jiub wrote:
Rattfink333 wrote:And we will have to really show the moth priests off. I wanna see their digs as well.
How difficult would it be to attach a particle emitter to a piece of clothing like a robe, I wonder? It could be cool to make a moth particle effect to simulate a cloud of ancestors flying around them.

Shouldnt be hard, the clothing is mesh just like a torch is. One thing I dont know anything about though is particles. I even know more about animation than I do about particles.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 03 May 2013, 00:03

Tarius wrote:
Saint_Jiub wrote:

Shouldnt be hard, the clothing is mesh just like a torch is. One thing I dont know anything about though is particles. I even know more about animation than I do about particles.

Think back, I think particles can only be made in 3Dmax, which Tarius, Worsas and I don't use. D: (actually, not sure about Tarius, do you?)

I'm sure I saw an old tutorial somewhere...

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 03 May 2013, 00:53

Wollibeebee wrote:
Tarius wrote:Shouldnt be hard, the clothing is mesh just like a torch is. One thing I dont know anything about though is particles. I even know more about animation than I do about particles.

Think back, I think particles can only be made in 3Dmax, which Tarius, Worsas and I don't use. D: (actually, not sure about Tarius, do you?)

I'm sure I saw an old tutorial somewhere...

Its a mystery...
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 03 May 2013, 01:05

Why would Moth priests have particles around them? It's not like they have their ancestors defending them. I thought they were just guys who read the Elder Scrolls and became blind for it.

Excuse my ignorance on the matter. I only know the stuff that was in Oblivion.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 03 May 2013, 01:16

TheLexicon wrote:Why would Moth priests have particles around them? It's not like they have their ancestors defending them. I thought they were just guys who read the Elder Scrolls and became blind for it.

Excuse my ignorance on the matter. I only know the stuff that was in Oblivion.

Moths, yo!

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 03 May 2013, 13:58

Definitely need moths around them. That is lore backed.
Project Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to P:C Public Discussion