Lexicon's Lexicon of Questions & Ideas

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
TheLexicon
Pleb

Lexicon's Lexicon of Questions & Ideas

Postby TheLexicon » 10 Apr 2013, 02:09

These are questions concerning music in Province: Cyrodiil.
(P.S. Imagine the beginning sentence with Patrick Stewart's voice :P)

1. Will there be any music added to Morrowind by this project?

2. Will some of the music be re-makes of the music in Oblivion? Some stuff like piano arrangements of Wings of Kynareth or maybe some original music put into the areas around Stirk, Sutch, etc.

And this is another question about the mod, but not about music.

Will there be Dwemer ruins near the Cyrodiil-Hammerfell border? That would be really cool, and add to the lore of Cyrodiil, as well as deviate from the Ayleid civilization that had conquered most of Cyrodiil. Maybe even a backstory concerning a war between the Dwemer living around the aforementioned border and the mighty Ayleids would be really nice, too, though the trouble of coming up with a questline about this would be a real buy-one-get-one-free headache sale.

But I just thought the idea of Dwemer ruins in Cyrodiil would be awesome.
And maybe add a Dwemer musket as an incredibly rare weapon to be used with the marksman skill. Maybe design it so that it is ridiculously overpowered, but have the weapon and ammonition weigh a ton and make it take an eternity and a half to prepare it for another shot would compensate for its power.

How bad were the ideas? :P

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Re: P:C music

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 10 Apr 2013, 08:48

We actually considered the Dwemer-in-Cyrodiil question a few months ago. We decided to include a few Dwemer watchtowers / outposts in the Velothi mountains. I can't quite remember what the Hammerfell border decision was. It would probably be no more than three, and even that might not happen because we don't know if a prospective future Hammerfell-for-Morrowind mod would have a different tileset for the Rourken Dwemer.

We won't include a musket in our mod. It wouldn't make sense in a Cyrodiil mod and would probably annoy people who don't think gunpowder weapons belong in TES.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 10 Apr 2013, 16:09

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:We won't include a musket in our mod. It wouldn't make sense in a Cyrodiil mod and would probably annoy people who don't think gunpowder weapons belong in TES.

Especially when these people have a major saying in exteriors and would stop working on those as a result.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 10 Apr 2013, 18:25

Scamp wrote:
TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:We won't include a musket in our mod. It wouldn't make sense in a Cyrodiil mod and would probably annoy people who don't think gunpowder weapons belong in TES.

Especially when these people have a major saying in exteriors and would stop working on those as a result.

hahaha

I am sure someone will add it later as part of another mod.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 10 Apr 2013, 18:39

I'm fairly certain I have the music question addressed in the FAQ-be sure to check there before asking any questions and posting any questions that were not addressed in this thread. I believe I cover the fact that we have a composer, though the idea of including rearranged versions of Oblivion tracks-well I wouldn't add that to the FAQ since it's too specific.

Anyway, I'll allow this thread to continue as-is given how it contains suggestions as well as questions.

We've discussed a bit about adding Dwemer ruins as others have mentioned. Having ones in the Valus Mountains make sense both lore-wise and practically (since the set already exists). Having some near the Skyrim border may not make as much sense lore-wise (it's been awhile since we've discussed it) though if we were to do them it would likely be in collaboration with the Skyrim mod. Having ruins near the Hammerfell border could work lore-wise but they may require a distinct style and since there is no publicly active Hammerfell mod going on right now (that I'm aware of) we'll have to wait and see.

On the subject of the musket, I'm sure there are already mods out there that add various types of guns to Morrowind, though I'm not sure any of them try to have those weapons make sense lore-wise.

Hmm, I wonder how plausible a steam-powered musket would be...lol

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 10 Apr 2013, 19:19

DJGamer wrote:Having ruins near the Hammerfell border could work lore-wise but they may require a distinct style and since there is no publicly active Hammerfell mod going on right now (that I'm aware of) we'll have to wait and see.

Starwarsguy is making a new Dwemer tileset for her Stros M'Kai mod: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/144049 ... uj-restis/

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 10 Apr 2013, 19:25

Saint_Jiub wrote:
DJGamer wrote:Having ruins near the Hammerfell border could work lore-wise but they may require a distinct style and since there is no publicly active Hammerfell mod going on right now (that I'm aware of) we'll have to wait and see.

Starwarsguy is making a new Dwemer tileset for her Stros M'Kai mod: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/144049 ... uj-restis/

Haha, that sounds so weird. StarwarsGUY, HER mod. Why did you go with SWG back in the day Markelius? Did you want people to simply not know you were female?
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 10 Apr 2013, 22:18

SamirA wrote:
Saint_Jiub wrote:

Haha, that sounds so weird. StarwarsGUY, HER mod. Why did you go with SWG back in the day Markelius? Did you want people to simply not know you were female?

Yea, didnt know she was a she until she changed her sig to say so.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 10 Apr 2013, 22:45

As a reply to the Mad God's ending statement, that was kind of where I was going with the musket. A one-of-a-kind, early prototype projectile weapon that was a lot more powerful that your normal arrow, but would be heavy, slow to reload and possibly scald your hands when it fired and, consequently, got too hot to hold without getting burned.
This weapon could be explained lore-wise as well, saying that a then-famous Dwemer was crafting a "large machine that one would hold in his hands and spit fire at any who would anger him." But then the Dwemer who screwed with the Heart of Lorkhan made every Dwemer disappear, and left the weapon forgotten, and unfinished.
I don't know, what do you think?

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 10 Apr 2013, 23:04

Tarius wrote:
SamirA wrote:Haha, that sounds so weird. StarwarsGUY, HER mod. Why did you go with SWG back in the day Markelius? Did you want people to simply not know you were female?

Yea, didnt know she was a she until she changed her sig to say so.

StarWarsGal didn't sound quite as catchy, I'm guessing. :unclesheo:

That or starwarsgal9875 was already taken.

Back on the subject of the gun, it would be interesting if there were also a glove that would act kind of like Wraithguard. I was thinking a fire resistance enchantment but that could be overpowered so it could just be something scripted.

DJGamer's Mod Projects

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 10 Apr 2013, 23:16

I could of sworn I'd seen a picture of a HIM on his image gallery ages ago. So many lies.

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 11 Apr 2013, 01:07

Crap, what's a Wraithguard? Something that protects against spectral beings?
But I think the glove would be too high-tech for even the Dwemer.
In my lore explaination, I said that one Dwemer was experimenting with an early prototype of a firearm, but had several issues that remained unaddressed due to the disappearence of the Dwemer. I think that a glove would be too Iron Man. :P

P.S. Will this mod also feature some parts of a specific plane of Oblivion? In a small way, of course, but still part of a major questline? Maybe the Mage's Guild questline involves a lot of travelling to Quagmire to stop Vaermina from unsettling the mage's powers due to nightmares. To get around the Nirn/Oblivion barriers, say that Vaermina is using a bunch of evil sorcerors and sorceresses to do the work that she can't do. The player can travel there by sleeping while using some kind of artifact (maybe a ring or pyjamas or something).
How bad was it?

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 11 Apr 2013, 01:29

Wraithguard is a dwemer relic you acquire during the morrowind main quest. If you don't use it. The tools of kargenac will kill you outright. Google the imperial library. It is a dedicated lore buff site.
Paladin of Vaermina

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 11 Apr 2013, 02:37

Thanks! I haven't played Morrowind before, but it is not for lack of trying :P
I swear that I'll play it as soon as possible.

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 11 Apr 2013, 05:20

Yeah the basic idea would be a glove specifically enchanted to protect the wearer from the excessive heat generated by the weapon-it would either reduce or eliminate the damage caused to the player when attempting to use the weapon.

Or their could be an option where the "gun" can be modified to reduce the heat emission but at a cost to its overall power. I'd personally want to go the route of using the glove just because it seems like a rather punishing way to balance the power of the weapon. It would need to have a risk/reward tradeoff-in other words its very difficult to acquire the weapon and/or glove. Also, it's level of power likely would still be on par with other special weapons in the game.

Of course, that is only if we decide to go with the idea to begin with. I personally like to entertain unusual ideas but that's not always the case with the other team members.

DJGamer's Mod Projects

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 11 Apr 2013, 20:32

Frankly, I really don't want a Dwemer gun in our mod. If anything, I would expect something like that to be found in Morrowind or Hammerfell. If y'all want it, I'll play along, but it doesn't feel right to me.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 11 Apr 2013, 23:08

Saint_Jiub wrote:Frankly, I really don't want a Dwemer gun in our mod. If anything, I would expect something like that to be found in Morrowind or Hammerfell. If y'all want it, I'll play along, but it doesn't feel right to me.

I also agree that we shouldnt have a gun in the mod. One thing though, I do think we should ballistas and crossbows. Where would you use a ballista? I dont know, but it would be cool to see one fire and penetrate through several ranks of guys.

TheLexicon
Pleb

Postby TheLexicon » 11 Apr 2013, 23:43

I'm sure that the Dwemer used giant ballistas as the city defenses. Also, the Dwemer Centurions have ballistas attached to their right arm.
But crossbows are more a man-made thing. That is, pratically everywhere compared to the prototype gun, but the crossbows would be built by expert Imperial weaponsmiths.
P.S. I referenced Skyrim on the Dwemer stuff, but seeing as how the Dwemer inventions happen WAAAY before Morrowind, this should not matter.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 12 Apr 2013, 01:02

Crossbows are everywhere. I have no interest in adding guns to P.C. There are already mods for that. Anyways the dwemer were experimenting with other weaponry that slant to their own unique technosorcery. Gunpowder would not even appear useful to them. With the prevalence of magic and thier own tech. Thyey have way mure efficient and interesting ways of killing people than just using highly accelerated lead.
Paladin of Vaermina

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 12 Apr 2013, 10:07

Tarius wrote:I also agree that we should have a gun in the mod.

Bit of a typo there, Tarius? :P
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Next

Return to P:C Public Discussion