Books usage Request

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
Tes96
P:C Reviewer

Books usage Request

Postby Tes96 » 30 Dec 2012, 21:38

Hello everyone, I'm not a modder here. I have still yet to submit a showcase. But I'm a member over at SHOTN and we were wondering if you guys have the TESII, TESIV and TESV books formatted and loaded in your Editor. If so, may we use some of them for our project? We would rename the object IDs to "SKY_" obviously.
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Books usage Request

Postby SamirA » 31 Dec 2012, 02:51

Why is Worsas or Scamp not asking this question?
Project Coordinator

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 31 Dec 2012, 08:52

SamirA wrote:Why is Worsas or Scamp not asking this question?
I don't know. I just brought it up to them about six hours ago. It probably is a better idea for the higher-up members to ask instead of the newbie. I'll ask them if they'll ask you instead.
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 31 Dec 2012, 14:31

SamirA wrote:Why is Worsas or Scamp not asking this question?

For the sake of mutuality it would be great if we/they were allowed to use your/our books in our/their mod. :)

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 31 Dec 2012, 14:51

Lol I didn't really pay any attention to that thread other than granting the claim the other day.

Besides, I don't even have any idea about what kind of books we have in data or not. But if we have them, "can we use them in ShotN"?

But from what I can remember SamirA is still a member at ShotN so I don't see a reason for all this separating of projects.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 31 Dec 2012, 16:00

Nah I have no problem with it, in fact our resources are free to use...

You two should know this :P which is why I asked, because I thought it an odd request.

I don't know that we have any TESV books, but its been a while since we messed with books, but we do have TESII and TESIV books.
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 31 Dec 2012, 17:28

We made a list of all TES V books that should be around in Morrowind times here. I can't remember if they're in data yet.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 31 Dec 2012, 19:14

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:We made a list of all TES V books that should be around in Morrowind times here. I can't remember if they're in data yet.
How come I'm not authorized to read that forum?

Apart from that, how do we go about getting the books into the Skyrim_Data.esm? I would really love to use some of the TESII books in my current interior. And it's practically finished except for adding books on the shelves. I mean, I'll add the books to the esm today after I get back from seeing the The Hobbit again. Although I'm guessing that only Lestat DeLionCourt is allowed to fiddle with adding/removing objects to the Skyrim_Data.esm.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 31 Dec 2012, 21:08

If they are to be added Worsas or Lestat would be the ones to do it and both would know how.

As for that forum, why would you be allowed? You are not a P:C modder, you left your showcase unfinished.
Project Coordinator

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 01 Jan 2013, 01:37

It seems you have added the TES V- Books already. And with a certain disgust I saw that you also included "The Alduin/Akatosh Dichotomy". I personally hate what TES V did to Alduin. But there is probably no way to revert such humiliation. :P

Edit: Happy new Year everyone!

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 01 Jan 2013, 08:44

Those are subject to change
Project Coordinator

Return to P:C Public Discussion