*ahem* ...I'm back!

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
User avatar
Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts
 
Posts: 575
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 00:42

*ahem* ...I'm back!

Postby Saint_Jiub » 23 Dec 2012, 07:00

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't shown my face around here in a few months. Real life got kind of hectic for a while, and I ended up taking a hiatus from modding for a while. In which time, I kinda sorta forgot I was technically a member on this project! (though, admittedly, I've done very little in my time here thus far... :P)

Anyway, I've graduated from my university and I'm currently between jobs, which means I have lots of spare energy to devote to my texturing-related pursuits. So... I guess my question is, what's new, and where would my efforts best be spent right now as far as the project is concerned? I know Stirk got released a while back and the Gold Coast is in the WIP stages, but aside from that I'm pretty far out of the loop.

User avatar
Scamp
Head of Reviewing
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: 17 Feb 2011, 19:38
Location: The Gold Coast

Re: *ahem* ...I'm back!

Postby Scamp » 23 Dec 2012, 16:02

Uh, don't worry, my lazy ass is sitting here and doing other things while I should be modding the hell out of the Gold Coast. But I'll get to that soon enough.

Anyway, welcome back!
Image

User avatar
SamirA
P:C Coordinator
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: 14 Dec 2010, 16:35
Location: Some interior in Tamriel

Re: *ahem* ...I'm back!

Postby SamirA » 23 Dec 2012, 16:34

The one new item we have in data that needs some work are the colovian walls. They are far too crisp looking at the moment. Could do with a look. Just get the latest data and find the col stuff.
Project Coordinator

Worsas
Asset Manager
 
Posts: 847
Joined: 17 Mar 2011, 20:55

Re: *ahem* ...I'm back!

Postby Worsas » 23 Dec 2012, 18:28

Welcome back!

Tarius
Head of Modelling
 
Posts: 1579
Joined: 03 Jan 2011, 04:46

Re: *ahem* ...I'm back!

Postby Tarius » 23 Dec 2012, 18:38

And I havent been doing much either, tending to focus on Halo 4 and such instead. I go off to Utah on Jan 6 and then my focus will shift as I no longer will have access to my xbox; at least for a month anyway until I figure out the internet situation there.(I will have net, just dont know the speed or anything)
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

User avatar
Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts
 
Posts: 575
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 00:42

Re: *ahem* ...I'm back!

Postby Saint_Jiub » 23 Dec 2012, 21:13

SamirA wrote:The one new item we have in data that needs some work are the colovian walls. They are far too crisp looking at the moment. Could do with a look. Just get the latest data and find the col stuff.

Ok, here's a preview of my first go-around at it:

http://i.imgur.com/hw5SF.jpg

I basically just roughed up the stonework a bit and darkened everything a bit to give it a more muted look, since the quality of the textures themselves is superb (and I doubt you meant for me to completely retexture the wall anyway, haha). If that's good enough, I'll package it up and send it your way ASAP.

User avatar
SamirA
P:C Coordinator
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: 14 Dec 2010, 16:35
Location: Some interior in Tamriel

Re: *ahem* ...I'm back!

Postby SamirA » 23 Dec 2012, 23:32

Yeah, my main issue is the sharp stones in the wall itself more than anything. They should be more worn and rounded and such rather than flat and angular.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling
 
Posts: 1579
Joined: 03 Jan 2011, 04:46

Re: *ahem* ...I'm back!

Postby Tarius » 24 Dec 2012, 00:25

Saint_Jiub wrote:
SamirA wrote:The one new item we have in data that needs some work are the colovian walls. They are far too crisp looking at the moment. Could do with a look. Just get the latest data and find the col stuff.

Ok, here's a preview of my first go-around at it:

http://i.imgur.com/hw5SF.jpg

I basically just roughed up the stonework a bit and darkened everything a bit to give it a more muted look, since the quality of the textures themselves is superb (and I doubt you meant for me to completely retexture the wall anyway, haha). If that's good enough, I'll package it up and send it your way ASAP.

Stones need to be closer together, probably touching, without so much morter inbetween them. That sort of stone is for style, not function.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

User avatar
Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts
 
Posts: 575
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 00:42

Re: *ahem* ...I'm back!

Postby Saint_Jiub » 24 Dec 2012, 01:09

Alright, how about this for round two? If we're going for a more realistic look as Tarius suggested, then my hands are kind of tied as far as the sharpness of the stones is concerned, since I can only seem to find decent source photos that match one criteria or the other.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4807/colwal3.png

User avatar
Rattfink333
Head of Interiors
 
Posts: 424
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 04:18
Location: The Ratway

Re: *ahem* ...I'm back!

Postby Rattfink333 » 24 Dec 2012, 04:01

Looks good. The only suggestion i'd make would be to brown wash the grey cornerstones and crenelations. to more closely match the rest of the wall. Since that looks like a locally gathered and quarried wall form the stone. We might give thought to having the local stone match the wall tones as well in this instance.
Paladin of Vaermina

Tarius
Head of Modelling
 
Posts: 1579
Joined: 03 Jan 2011, 04:46

Re: *ahem* ...I'm back!

Postby Tarius » 24 Dec 2012, 05:37

Saint_Jiub wrote:Alright, how about this for round two? If we're going for a more realistic look as Tarius suggested, then my hands are kind of tied as far as the sharpness of the stones is concerned, since I can only seem to find decent source photos that match one criteria or the other.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4807/colwal3.png

Looks good.


What is the UVing like on that wall though? its too darn small and you can see the repetitions far too easy.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

User avatar
Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: 18 Aug 2011, 23:10

Re: *ahem* ...I'm back!

Postby Wollibeebee » 04 Jan 2013, 10:13

It's good to have you back Juib! I went away on the 23rd of December... but I'm back now too.


Return to P:C Public Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron