Pirates! Matey!

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Pirates! Matey!

Postby Wollibeebee » 03 Sep 2012, 11:36

(Gonna proof-read in the morning, I'm suddenly very tired, hopefully as is isn't as hard as this is as of how it currently is.)

Arr! This be a Pirate thread!

Due to Anvil and Strik being the two cities with the most villainous seas full o' scurvy, it thought it was high time to discuss these treacherous skally-wags! (and no, I'm not going to stop.)

Arrrr!

The Redguards and Bosmers both have Pirates, and they're the closest to Anvil, being in the Abecean Ocean and all. There is also Nord Pirates (such as the cap-a-tan in Redguard.) And i'll bet the Imperials have Pirates.

But to be honest, I think it would be good if we made each type of Pirate as unique as possible. For example:

Redguards:
Apparel such as this and the stuff seen in Skyrim.
http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php ... -resource/
Scimitars, daggers, staffs. They have loads of gold; they generally sell the player weapons and armor and usually have a lot of money to spend.
I'd also like to incorporate a bit of Dwemer into their theme. Perhaps their ships (if we have any) could have Dwemer figures at the bow. Their dens could be decorated in small stolen Dwemer items and the very richest of Redguards could be covered in little Dwemer trinkets. Also; Dwemer cross-bows.

Bosmer:
Often in miss-matched armor with many pieces missing. The average Bosmer pirate could have a chainmail greave, a pair of Nord boots and some leather bracers. They're pretty poor and pathetic, but they're also more likely to kill than trade with you anyway, so it makes no matter. Their usual loot would be silver plates and forks, obviously stolen small weapons and perhaps even drugs and rare alchemical ingredients.

Nord:
Usually dressed down after having to remove their much warmer clothes from when they were further north, the Nords tend to sell armor and weapons as well as somewhat rare artifacts such as enchantments, stolen goods (ebony, dwemer, glass, aylied) and specific enemy items (Necromancer crap, i guess). They're quick to trade with you... assume you get onto their ship to seal the deal.

Imperials:
These lot are crafty buggers. They know they don't have many foreign items to impress you with, and each of them can only visit the Cyrodiil cities a few times a year due to been to known. This lot are more likely to be dressed as tattered imperials ready to mug you and throw you aboard their ship. They're also a lot less "pirate-y". They happy enough being nothing more than thieves that happen to own ships and live near the sea. This lot help run the dens, pay of the guard and make generally illegal actions near-impossible.

I also believe that rather than having a thieves guild, we should just have some sort of merge between sea-raiders and house-raiders. The thieves would have merged with their fellow sea-men to create a much more powerful force, one that can't be found and destroyed on-shore due to the general sneaky-ness of theives, and one that always finds the law and destroys them at sea.
I have an idea for it actually. Unless this page tells lies: (http://www.imperial-library.info/content/city-anvil) Anvil was made ontop of the area where a Admiral destroyed a band of pirates and was granted the land to keep as his own. The pirate bands name was "Red Sabre". Arr! i reckon that in a somewhat humorous-tongue'n'cheek kinda way, the Red Sabre would be a brilliant name for a organization ran by a mixture of thieves ran right under the Lord Admirals nose due to the incompitance of a lazy captain of the guards in a city between two of the largest pirate-friendly provinces.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Pirates! Matey!

Postby SamirA » 03 Sep 2012, 21:04

Arr, tis Abecean SEA!!!! matey. Not Ocean! Shiver me timbers. Tie the man down and flog the little land lubber fer not knowin the difference!
Project Coordinator

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 03 Sep 2012, 22:52

SamirA wrote:Arr, tis Abecean SEA!!!! matey. Not Ocean! Shiver me timbers. Tie the man down and flog the little land lubber fer not knowin the difference!

Arr! there be no reason fer why i wrote ocean... begin yur forgiveness captain!

No complaints so far?

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 04 Sep 2012, 04:50

Not really, so long as these pirates groups are combinations of the above rather than race oriented groups.
Project Coordinator

Return to P:C Public Discussion