Shared Resources

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
deamonata
Pleb

Shared Resources

Postby deamonata » 09 Jul 2012, 18:54

Hi there,

I'm a member of the Travel to Cyrodiil mod (part of Beyond Skyrim). I'm contacting you to discuss any possibilities that there might be for sharing resources. Obviously we both have slightly different aims for an end product, due to differences in vision and the times that our mods are set in, but I believe that a partnership between us could be beneficial.

Let me know what you thoughts are/ask me any questions.

Deam

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Shared Resources

Postby SamirA » 09 Jul 2012, 21:12

So long as the resources are all newly crafted then yes there is the possibility of sharing. I really don't know anything about you guys to know what sort of things you might create that could be beneficial to us however.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 09 Jul 2012, 22:13

I have never heard of this project either.

When did you start and how much work has been done?
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Osidian
P:C Modder

Postby Osidian » 09 Jul 2012, 22:23

http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/forum/206-travel-to-cyrodiil/

Apparently the project has just started, a month ago or so, and they intend to start with the area around Bruma.
I am no salmon – Dagon

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 09 Jul 2012, 23:37

BTW, you can tell Transbot9 that they are an ignorant ass and should not run their mouth about shit they clearly don't understand.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 10 Jul 2012, 00:26

SamirA wrote:BTW, you can tell Transbot9 that they are an ignorant ass and should not run their mouth about shit they clearly don't understand.

Whoa there.
Alright, I am inclined to put things more politely, but yea, that guy has no idea what hes talking about.
I never made anything more than 2-3x more polys at the max compared to oblivion. In fact, just as an example, on the wide hall 4 way, the poly number has only been increased by ~50%. I know that you typically wouldnt use so many to begin with, but since we dnt really have a limitation in this area like a company would, a modest increase is fine.

I will take the mistaking for the originals as a compliment though. Kinda funny I can make the stuff look so close to the original I will even fool myself sometimes.

But yea, you might not think about pissing off the head guy of the project you wish to use stuff from. haha

Edit: And also, if this guy was familiar with models at all, he should have already realized that you never take them at face value. You always look at the details yourself before pronuncing something.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 10 Jul 2012, 00:47

Meh, deamonata didn't do anything and that other person's thing says they work on the Morrowind side of things so I'll not hold it against the Cyrodiil peeps. What sort of resources do you guys have already?
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 10 Jul 2012, 07:52

Apparently they're putting Ayleid ruins in High Rock...
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

deamonata
Pleb

Postby deamonata » 10 Jul 2012, 08:17

Wow a lot of replies, Ok lets see if I can rattle some thing off before I have to dash off to work.

First off I will apologise for Transbot, As was said earlier he is actually part of the morrowind mod, a in this situation he was quite clearly wrong and it was pointed out to him on our forums by Lady Nerevar.

As to what resources we have, currently very little, I believe Otis is currently working on an Ayleid tile set, which may or may not be of use to you. I myself am currently working on creating a whole load of new trap templates, to liven it up from the basic vanilla traps.

All that means is that currently we don't have much to offer, and to be honest there is a high possibility that you will always have to to offer us than we will be able to offer you just due to the amount of time you have been active.

I will however say that what everything we do produce you will be able to have.

sorry if I've not answered everything but have to dash.

p.s. We're not involved in the creative decisions for anything to do with High rock.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 10 Jul 2012, 13:07

Tell me more about these traps, that is a spot we could be very interested in. We already have Ayleid architecture and a large portion of the interior tileset as well. Feel free to use it.
Project Coordinator

The Khan
P:C Modder

Postby The Khan » 10 Jul 2012, 13:12

Wait! What if they make theirs and then there will be two sets to use in different places so it look even LESS the same... or maybe I'm just think too much.
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

deamonata
Pleb

Postby deamonata » 10 Jul 2012, 14:28

SamirA wrote:Tell me more about these traps, that is a spot we could be very interested in. We already have Ayleid architecture and a large portion of the interior tileset as well. Feel free to use it.

First off thanks for letting us use the architecture andtileset. As for the traps i am happ for you to use them when i am finished, not sure if they will be useful as unless i am mistaken the trap itself won't be portable just the models/textures.

Currently though they aren't in a state i would release, i hope to finish t in the next few weeks though (bar any unforeseen issues)

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 10 Jul 2012, 17:47

Unless they are standalone items, another ayleid tileset would be completely useless here. The edges for the interior pieces would have to perfectly match with the ones I made.(unless used separately of course)

Just what sorts of traps are there?

deamonata
Pleb

Postby deamonata » 11 Jul 2012, 08:09

the traps currently being made are some of the classics from oblivion that aren't in skyrim such as

Gas Rooms
Dark Welkynd Stones
Crumbling Bridges
Ceiling Spikes

(To aid in understanding what I mean I've used the names from the UESP page here http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Darts#Darts)

After they are made I will then plan out some of my own creation but I've not thought that far ahead yet.

Return to P:C Public Discussion