Three ideas for how Stirk could use a temple and/or ruins

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
commodorefork
P:C Modder

Three ideas for how Stirk could use a temple and/or ruins

Postby commodorefork » 23 Jun 2012, 07:25

Alright, I wasn't sure where to post this. I think there might a development board for Stirk, but I don't have access to it at the moment.

In my modeling showcase thread, I revealed that I was working on a temple. Here's a picture of the columns I've already completed:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/ ... hot012.jpg

Samir informed me that the mod doesn't need a temple right now. I have three proposals for how Stirk could use the temple that I wanted to put out there. Humor me for a minute. :)

Firstly, every Imperial province needs at least one temple in a major city. I'm sure we could make a little room in Stirk for one. It'd add some needed variety to the town which has a lot of very similar looking buildings right now.

Second, if it can't fit in the town we could create an acropolis on the mountain somewhere for the temple. That could be interesting. ;)

Lastly, we could use the columns as ruins around the island. Or how about sticking out of the water somewhere? Wouldn't that be neat looking. :D

I think a temple adding variety to the island would be the biggest benefit.

Just some ideas.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Three ideas for how Stirk could use a temple and/or ruin

Postby SamirA » 23 Jun 2012, 07:53

Stirk has a temple. It is in the same set as the rest of the town. It is the elaborate building on the hill with the stained glass windows. This is the format we will go with for all of the cities. Each city will be built from a modular set that can be used to create any number of building types to maximize use of resources while minimizing the amount of work needed to create stuff, plus it's more fun to build with modular stuff as you get to let your imagination run wild.

Now for strictly Roman style temples, the Imperial City is a place where there will be several temples based on that style. Mir Corrup is another place that would probably recieve a very Roman style place as well. Mir Corrup is sort of our Pompeii, a resort town of sorts for the rich and famous of the Empire to come and relax in some good old Nibenese debauchery.
Project Coordinator

Osidian

Postby Osidian » 23 Jun 2012, 10:32

We have the Ayleid ruins on the other side of the island, don't forget about those :)

Anyway, if we ever go with Roman style buildings like that, I'd like to see it with a twist. Just a typical Roman or Greek temple on the acropolis would be uninspired. I mean, we have great concept artists here, it would be a disappointment to have a temple copied from real life.

edit:
Here is our Temple of Kynareth.
I am no salmon – Dagon

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 23 Jun 2012, 15:14

Stirk is mostly done but there will be plenty of other places to put stuff.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 23 Jun 2012, 16:22

And that is very nice stuff. Really can use that for the imperial city.
Paladin of Vaermina

commodorefork

Postby commodorefork » 23 Jun 2012, 17:53

Alright, I see your Stirk temple. :)

I suppose each area having it's own style is fine. I just hope your IC is going to be inspired by classical architecture, at least. :D

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 23 Jun 2012, 17:57

The current plan is to have the IC be something of a mix between Venice and Rome. The IC is supposed to be built on a series of canals and built on the ruins of a great Ayleid city.

Plenty of time for discussion on that though, no set on designs yet.
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 23 Jun 2012, 19:27

Here is (I think) the only concept art done by the P:C team so far.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 23 Jun 2012, 20:05

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:Here is (I think) the only concept art done by the P:C team so far.

There are a couple examples somewhere aside from that that got taken from elsewhere.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

The Khan

Postby The Khan » 24 Jun 2012, 03:55

If you could make it look like that it would be the most awesome mod for Morrowind... just joking, it's too late for that. It already is the best mod. :P
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

Return to P:C Public Discussion