(much) Later down the road ideas...

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
Frumious Quark
Pleb

(much) Later down the road ideas...

Postby Frumious Quark » 30 May 2012, 23:44

Since mercenaries aren't out of the question, what about some companion(s) (permanent, non-quest, till kicked off by the player)?

Perhaps upon completing the quest-lines for a faction or just the main quest part of Cyrodiil the player gets to pick a companion. Of course this would not be an "adoring fan" get-up; we would presumably craft something up that would show effort and not unnecessary annoyances.

I don't think free companions should be given out easily - you want to hike through the Jerall Mountains safely at level 6? Better have a purse loaded with septims and some hirable connections. Companion(s) would be a reward luxury for time spent, so I guess they'd be scripted to stick with the player's level and may be limited to just one or two.

Perhaps for a "post game/faction quest" thing, the companion npc would have their own mini-quest as a bonus backstory and journey thing to complete.

I wanted to put this in the faq post about mercenaries and companions, but I realized that it said Not Open For Discussion. It felt too early to call it a suggestion given what's far ahead to-do. If anyone has long-distant suggestions for the future, fill 'em in so I don't look all merc and companion crazy till I have some other idea to spas about. :oops: :P
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
~Frank Zappa

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Re: (much) Later down the road ideas...

Postby Tarius » 31 May 2012, 00:52

We already have an idea for a companion.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Frumious Quark
Pleb

Postby Frumious Quark » 31 May 2012, 01:13

Ah, a permanent recruit or found one I take it?
If you could show me where the thread is, I'd be pleased as (lazy) punch. If there is a sticky for all current ideas and supplying more, sorry for not seeking that first.
~Frank Zappa

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 31 May 2012, 03:05

Frumious Quark wrote:Ah, a permanent recruit or found one I take it?
If you could show me where the thread is, I'd be pleased as (lazy) punch. If there is a sticky for all current ideas and supplying more, sorry for not seeking that first.

Its in the private part of the forum. So you gotta be promoted by SamirA to access it. Hes the guy to ask about that stuff, or whoever the head is for what you are doing.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Frumious Quark
Pleb

Postby Frumious Quark » 31 May 2012, 21:53

Ah, okay. I guess I should get cracking on the CS while I draw up whatever ideas I get. Thanks for letting me know.
~Frank Zappa

Return to P:C Public Discussion