Have questions not covered in the FAQ? Post them here.

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
jazzon
Pleb

Re: Have questions not covered in the FAQ? Post them here.

Postby jazzon » 17 Sep 2014, 09:09

Okay, several questions....
1) I cant find stirk anywhere (moddb reports file not found, nexus says never was there, google keeps pointing me to moddb and here) So where is it? I guess nexus search was broken for while....I just found it there...

2) If I wanted to look at what you guys have done so far, on your current WIP and semi finalized WIP where would I go?

3) The site has no DL information anywhere that I can find. (using http://provincecyrodiil.project-tamriel.com as a base url)

4) Just from reading the forums (which I have now read almost completely) I have a plethora of ideas answering some of your old topics which did not appear to be resolved. Should I resurrect the topics, or would you prefer new ones?

(I guess the rest will be posted based on the answer to 4)
I have been accused of writting walls of text ... this is completely and utterly false!
I have constructed many Great Walls however ....

I do post long things, so I use spoiler tags as condensing blocks. Open at your own risk!

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 17 Sep 2014, 11:24

4) Tricky. Many topics were lost due to reshuffling of the forum's layout, so what may appear to be an unresolved issue could actually have been finished somewhere else. On the other hand, a lot of older ideas and concepts run the risk of being forgotten due to inactivity. We do have a habit of leaving things unresolved.
If you feel like you can contribute something, then by all means feel free. There's no real argument against necroing old threads if the ideas in them are still useful.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 17 Sep 2014, 13:37

2) About unfinished WIPs - you'd probably have to make a showcase and get promoted so that you'll be able to see work in progress. Really, it's unfinished for a good reason and if we made that public to everybody we might as well give weekly updates on the Nexus.
(That said, do make a showcase! lol)

3) ... correct, I guess. Maybe that's because we haven't really released anything final yet, but we could make a section where we link to the Alpha.

4) Definitely resurrect topics if the issues seem unresolved. As Infragris has pointed out, we like to give something a couple words and let it rest after a few days of nobody responding. I suppose a lot of interesting ideas are somewhere out there on the forums and if nobody finds them, they'll be lost inevitably and that would be a bad thing in many ways.

jazzon
Pleb

Postby jazzon » 18 Sep 2014, 02:02

** Heh heh heh [as the page gets torn out and put into a pocket] I Love a carte-blanche! **

Your in for it now...
I have been accused of writting walls of text ... this is completely and utterly false!
I have constructed many Great Walls however ....

I do post long things, so I use spoiler tags as condensing blocks. Open at your own risk!

Malcor
Pleb

Postby Malcor » 03 Oct 2014, 19:32

I'm new to this whole thing and I have some questions.

I'm very confused about where to start. I have no real modding experience, but I really appreciate all the work put into PC up until now.
I guess what I'm looking for is some kind of direction someone will point me in because I'd really like to help the project in any way I can.

I realize this might be the wrong place to post this or maybe my question has already been answered, but I'd still be really happy if someone
pointed me towards a an area where I could feel I was contributing.
I read already that I should showcase work but I don't know in what way I should start and as I said I'm simply confused about everything at this point.

Thanks for your patience

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 03 Oct 2014, 21:32

Hi Malcor,

thankyou for your question and your interest in the project.

the first thing most people start with is learning how to do interior cells. There is a very thorough tutorial on that here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36

There are many things you could possibly do: Exterior cells, interior cells, npcs, dialogue, quests, modelling, writing, etc. Interiors and NPCs are currently the biggest bottlenecks, though, if you want to be of best possible help.

When you have created something you think you can show, open a thread in the modder showcase subforum and upload your work. We'll be happy to help you build up your modding skills in the further course. :)

Malcor
Pleb

Postby Malcor » 03 Oct 2014, 21:45

Thank you very much Worsas.
When you say Interiors and NPCs are current bottlenecks, what do you mean by NPCs? the names of the npcs? npc dialogue? or actual models?

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 03 Oct 2014, 21:57

Malcor wrote:When you say Interiors and NPCs are current bottlenecks, what do you mean by NPCs? the names of the npcs? npc dialogue? or actual models?

If you create npcs, you will not necessarily model anything. NPCing is about creating characters with the already existing assets, adding them into the gameworld and giving them behaviour, possession and dialogue. As someone who does npcs you will usually populate towns, dungeons and wilderness with npcs and creatures.

Malcor
Pleb

Postby Malcor » 03 Oct 2014, 22:05

Worsas wrote:
Malcor wrote:When you say Interiors and NPCs are current bottlenecks, what do you mean by NPCs? the names of the npcs? npc dialogue? or actual models?

If you create npcs, you will not necessarily model anything. NPCing is about creating characters with the already existing assets, adding them into the gameworld and giving them behaviour, possession and dialogue. As someone who does npcs you will usually populate towns, dungeons and wilderness with npcs and creatures.

Awesome. Thanks.

Interiors and NPCs seem to be what I am most inclined to then.

Thanks again for your help.

I'll get to grinding through tutorials and come up with a few things to show.

Malcor
Pleb

Postby Malcor » 06 Oct 2014, 18:44

I have another question.
Will I need Tribunal installed in order to showcase a quest?
My Tribunal is mysteriously missing meshes and I no longer have access to it?
Does anyone know why this may have happened, or if I should just go buy another?

Tes96
P:C Reviewer

Postby Tes96 » 06 Oct 2014, 19:04

Malcor wrote:I have another question.
Will I need Tribunal installed in order to showcase a quest?
My Tribunal is mysteriously missing meshes and I no longer have access to it?
Does anyone know why this may have happened, or if I should just go buy another?

Every showcase requires dependency on Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon, so yes, you will need to get a new copy of it. You can pick up a used Tribunal for a couple bucks.
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 06 Oct 2014, 21:21

What do you mean, it's missing meshes? You probably haven't registered Tribunal's bsa archive. When working on your showcase, your Morrowind.ini should have the following lines:

Code: Select all
[Archives]
Archive 0=Tribunal.bsa
Archive 1=Bloodmoon.bsa

James007
Pleb

Postby James007 » 21 Oct 2014, 15:33

Pardon, the link to the FAQ is not working.
Cyrodiil will be smoothly converge with Tamriel Rebuild?
What is the main quest of the P:C?
We can talk with the Emperor?
You may show a top view of Cyrodiil like here http://i.imgur.com/ajc6Phj.jpg ? A top view of all tamriel?
How will be realized in-game map? MCP has fix for Tamriel Rebuild, which compresses map, but if squeeze the whole continent it will be very small.
Mod created by Lore and it will not be like Oblivion?

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 21 Oct 2014, 18:17

Cyrodiil will be smoothly converge with Tamriel Rebuild?

Yes

What is the main quest of the P:C?

There have been plenty of ideas. I'm not quite as involved as others in those discussions.

We can talk with the Emperor?

It's very far off yet, but you will most likely be able to speak to him, assuming that we'll get as far as making the imperial city.

You may show a top view of Cyrodiil like here http://i.imgur.com/ajc6Phj.jpg ? A top view of all tamriel?

Good idea.

How will be realized in-game map? MCP has fix for Tamriel Rebuild, which compresses map, but if squeeze the whole continent it will be very small.

openmw uses a map system that follows the player everywhere. With original mw, you will have to do without the map.

Mod created by Lore and it will not be like Oblivion?

We are using pre-Oblivion lore where Cyrodiil is still a jungle in many areas. Furthermore we will deal with the cultural differences between Nibenese and Colovians. These are the two most important differences. There are many more things to speak about when it comes to differences between us and Oblivion.

James007
Pleb

Postby James007 » 21 Oct 2014, 19:57

It's very far off yet, but you will most likely be able to speak to him, assuming that we'll get as far as making the imperial city.

So you need a Patrick Stewart voice. :D
openmw uses a map system that follows the player everywhere. With original mw, you will have to do without the map.

The main thing that OPENMW release will be until you finish
We are using pre-Oblivion lore where Cyrodiil is still a jungle in many areas. Furthermore we will deal with the cultural differences between Nibenese and Colovians. These are the two most important differences. There are many more things to speak about when it comes to differences between us and Oblivion.

That's good, because Oblivion ... boring.

Will be new music? In openmw can be done so that new music will be played only in Cyrodiil?
We will see the Caius Cosades?
How will be look the imperial guard? As in Morrowind or Oblivion? Or will it be a completely new design?
Island between Elsweyer and Black Marsh is part of Cyrodiil?
When will be the first release?

Excuse me, possible I ask too many questions.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 21 Oct 2014, 20:25

We are not far from being able to fully release Stirk. It only still needs npcs and dialogue and possibly quests aswell now (everything else is really 99% done). We need someone who is capable of writing good dialogue and implementing it ingame. That is the last and biggest hurdle at this point.

Maybe the other people around here will be prepared to reply to your other questions.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 21 Oct 2014, 21:13

Caius Cosades might show up in Cloud Ruler Temple or in the Imperial City.
The Imperial Legion will have a couple of new looks: the major cities of Cyrodiil will have their own guards with appropriate uniforms, and other garrisoned units will feature different insignia and colors depending on which Legion force they are part of. These will still be recognizable as Imperial uniforms, but more diversified to give the Legion some variety and internal structure.
The island between Elsweyr and Black Marsh appears to be part of Cyrodiil on the latest maps, but we have made no decisions regarding it. It would likely be one of the last areas to feature in the project.

James007
Pleb

Postby James007 » 21 Oct 2014, 22:49

The Imperial Legion will have a couple of new looks: the major cities of Cyrodiil will have their own guards with appropriate uniforms, and other garrisoned units will feature different insignia and colors depending on which Legion force they are part of. These will still be recognizable as Imperial uniforms, but more diversified to give the Legion some variety and internal structure.

I was not talking about the guard in the cities, I talk about these guys:
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2012 ... all%29.png
http://tes.ag.ru/oblivion/artwork/wallp ... 3_1024.jpg

Thanks for your answers.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 22 Oct 2014, 00:33

Those guys are the Imperial Legion. As I said above, their uniforms will have different insignia and colors depending on where they are stationed. Uniforms will be based on Morrowind's Legion armor. I don't think there are any plans for including Oblivion's medieval plate armor style, as it does not really fit the Roman aesthetic of the Morrowind Imperials.

James007
Pleb

Postby James007 » 22 Oct 2014, 14:29

Maybe after talking with the Emperor and Paarthurnax Nerevarine traveled to akvair for some higher purpose?

PreviousNext

Return to P:C Public Discussion