Have questions not covered in the FAQ? Post them here.

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
Rosemarie
Pleb

Re: Have questions not covered in the FAQ? Post them here.

Postby Rosemarie » 24 Apr 2013, 13:53

Hey guys,
when exactly did this project start, how many people are working on it and what are the realistic expectations for a somewhat meaty release like the TR releases?

(Asking because the TR project was founded more than 8 years ago and was only able to finish 3/7 of it's actual content, meaning: finished landmasses + NPC's + quests + Items and more [not just landmass]).

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 24 Apr 2013, 14:20

That is a question with many answers. This project has roots back in the early days of Morrowind shortly after release (TR dates to before release as crazy as that is). This version of P:C headed by myself is around three years old with the serious building beginning perhaps two years ago.

As for "meaty" releases I am not sure. Our team is still fairly small and still finding its way in several aspects. The more we grow the faster we will be able to produce content. The exterior of Cyrodiil is the easy part and will far outpace the rest of production. The Gold Coast is nearly all claimed and being worked on at this point while Stirk still has interiors to be created.

By the way, TR has not finished merely 3/7 of its content as it isn't finished. You make it seem like a dead thing but that is far from the case. Also TR has completed the landmass multiple times but gone back after deeming the work not good enough. That won't happen here as we are starting from a much higher point quality than TR did back in its early stages.
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 24 Apr 2013, 15:32

Of course, P:C will get finished that little bit faster if you decide to join the team and become a modder. ;)
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Rosemarie
Pleb

Postby Rosemarie » 24 Apr 2013, 17:04

Thanks for the clarification.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:Of course, P:C will get finished that little bit faster if you decide to join the team and become a modder. ;)

Never really got into the modding stuff tbh. I am mostly playing the game and only use the CS if I find something which I don't like in the game and fix, replace or remove it.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 24 Apr 2013, 18:12

Rosemarie wrote:Never really got into the modding stuff tbh. I am mostly playing the game and only use the CS if I find something which I don't like in the game and fix, replace or remove it.

That's fine. I am happy about every additional fan sitting out there and waiting for us to show and release new things. It's the motivating thing about actually doing all this.

Rosemarie
Pleb

Postby Rosemarie » 25 Apr 2013, 18:53

Scamp wrote:
Rosemarie wrote:Never really got into the modding stuff tbh. I am mostly playing the game and only use the CS if I find something which I don't like in the game and fix, replace or remove it.

That's fine. I am happy about every additional fan sitting out there and waiting for us to show and release new things. It's the motivating thing about actually doing all this.

Just keep up the great looking work and don't stop posting screenshots. I do love to see how Cyrodiil looks like in Morrwoind!

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 28 Apr 2013, 07:09

Rosemarie wrote:Hey guys,
when exactly did this project start, how many people are working on it and what are the realistic expectations for a somewhat meaty release like the TR releases?

(Asking because the TR project was founded more than 8 years ago and was only able to finish 3/7 of it's actual content, meaning: finished landmasses + NPC's + quests + Items and more [not just landmass]).

You can also learn more about the longer history of the project from my blog post on the subject. I'm sort of the senior-most modder on the team, having been involved to varying degrees with the various incarnations dating all the way back to an attempt to expand upon a very early pre-Oblivion mod years and years ago.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

KingHelseth
Pleb

Postby KingHelseth » 06 May 2013, 14:52

Hi.
I've just downloaded Stirk Alpha release and I'm really excited, but I have a question: how can I get to Stirk? Is there some place where I can find a boat or teleport?

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 06 May 2013, 15:08

open the console and type in coc, "Stirk"
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

KingHelseth
Pleb

Postby KingHelseth » 06 May 2013, 19:59

Thank you!

Tes96
P:C Reviewer

Postby Tes96 » 04 Nov 2013, 02:59

Will there be any music halls or minstrels or bard's colleges in Cyrodiil? I know the TES series is a combat RP oriented game but music and art have always been parts of every culture in some sense or another.
I imagine seeing many musicians (lute players, violinists, singers, clarinet and flute players) on the sides of the streets in the Imperial City. (Daggerfall had those musicians in taverns and the castles of the main cities.)
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 04 Nov 2013, 04:31

Bard's college? No, too skyrim. Music halls? Might see some in cities, though I'd imagine not until Nibenay. Musicians in taverns? Quite possible. We will certainly have the arts represented in Cyrodiil. We want to show MORE culture than was witnessed in Oblivion.
Project Coordinator

Ald_Moth
P:C Modder

Postby Ald_Moth » 05 Nov 2013, 19:04

Maybe musicians of Cyrodiil have the same sort of fame and wealth like the composers of baroque to classical era of western music?

Tes96
P:C Reviewer

Postby Tes96 » 06 Nov 2013, 02:51

Ald_Moth wrote:Maybe musicians of Cyrodiil have the same sort of fame and wealth like the composers of baroque to classical era of western music?

That's something along the lines of what I was thinking. Books and culture represented in TES shouldn't just be centered around battle, even though approximately 80% of the game is combat-oriented.
I've love to be able to walk into a composer's home and find instruments and tons of parchments with music notes written on them. I'm a musician myself (no composer by any means, though). The problem with stuff like this is designing the objects and textures.

Or painters who have brushes and lots of art drafts laying about their house with spilled paints on the floor.

It gets pretty old seeing the same items in containers and on shelves, i.e. weapons, bottles, parchments, baskets.... although the TES world is a lot simpler than our world, with far less items made, since everything is made by hand (except the printing press in Mournhold) and not in a factory.
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Ald_Moth

Postby Ald_Moth » 07 Nov 2013, 16:15

While on the subject, maybe also a social class of scholar-gentry, much like Imperial China?

DMKW
Pleb

Postby DMKW » 20 May 2014, 00:58

I've always wondered.. Why is it the project decided to start building on the western side of Cyrodiil and not the areas bordering Morrowind? Why have a big gap between the projects during development when we could have had walking continuity between provinces early on? SHoTN seems to have done the same thing. Do you know their reasons as well? Just wondering.

Sorry if this has been answered in the FAQ but the links not working for me

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 20 May 2014, 02:01

I don't know where you expect us to have a continuous mass when TR hasn't built Western Morrowind to any sort of completed state. We can't build Eastern Cyrodiil without having the TR landmass in a finished state without having gaps. To avoid this we built in the west with the hopes that by the time we get there TR will have completed their border. With all the turmoil though there is no telling when their borders will finally be decided so again our decision is validated.
Project Coordinator

RyanS

Postby RyanS » 20 May 2014, 02:40

TR still must start/finish exterior work for maps 7 and 8. Map 7 will border much of Cyrodiil, so it is safest to start this project to the west. Just as SamirA said, we would have to worry about gaps/other problems. ;)

cc9cii
Pleb

Postby cc9cii » 01 Jun 2014, 03:14

Hello, I joined to help out Tes96 (to get PC_i2-17 running in OpenMW). Apparently I need PC_Data.esm but it is not obvious from where I can download that file? Also, I was not able to ask this question in the forum itself - is it locked for new members or something?

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 01 Jun 2014, 05:45

Only modders can post in certain places, but we allow most users to view most items to satisfy curiosity prior to joining. I will PM you a link.
Project Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to P:C Public Discussion