Gold Coast Progress Map

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Re: Gold Coast Progress Map

Postby Scamp » 14 Feb 2012, 13:24

SamirA wrote:That is fine, but since we have no ground textures (or rocks) for it or anything then it would be difficult to finish at this time. We can leave it on here though, just saying that it won't be in the finished category anytime soon unless something changes.

Well well, that's why I was waiting ages for you to come on IRC! No luck though. (though nowadays I am less often on IRC myself)

I will eventually be working on both region concepts. 'tis not now though, as I need to get the NGC figured out first and then we'll see about WW textures and that kind of stuff.
Kvatch is an important space as three different regions meet; It will be released with the Colovian Highlands as SamirA said though. I am going to make some rough stuff around it and let Praedator do the city like I discussed with him a while back. We shall not rush anything though as Interiors and NPCing are still far behind.

Praedator
P:C Reviewer

Postby Praedator » 14 Feb 2012, 15:37

I agree, not everything at once, better slow and steady than everywhere fast and exploding in your face.

Also working region after region is better. Interiors in one region as you work on exteriors in the next is fine, yet not in three regions at once. Gives unneeded errors and redo's.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 14 Feb 2012, 19:11

Yeah Kvatch will be interesting. Sitting on a hill that is litterally the focal point of three regions all coliding. The views from it could really be something special.
Project Coordinator

Praedator

Postby Praedator » 14 Feb 2012, 20:07

They shall see every place in the basin, with the IC in the middle :D

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 15 Feb 2012, 00:18

Praedator wrote:They shall see every place in the basin, with the IC in the middle :D

No, Samir didn't mean it that way. And although Kvatch is sitting on a hill, it surely won't overlook most of Cyrodiil.

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 15 Feb 2012, 02:18

SamirA wrote:Kvatch will be in the CH release to split Skingrad and Kvatch up and make the provinces more even anyway. This makes working on either province a matter of simple preference by Scamp really as he makes the concepts. Saying this, we need to start thinking about some Skingrad concepts as well.

Actually, I think that may have been MY idea-or maybe it was both of ours somehow. Great minds thinking alike and all that. :sheo:

The general idea was to have no more than two major cities per region.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 15 Feb 2012, 03:34

Which part DJ? Putting Kvatch in CH? Probably, one of your better ideas if so.
Project Coordinator

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 15 Feb 2012, 04:24

SamirA wrote:Which part DJ? Putting Kvatch in CH? Probably, one of your better ideas if so.

Actually, I think my idea was to have it in West Weald along with Skingrad-though for Colovian Highlands might be a better idea because I don't think it would have any major cities in it at all otherwise. I think that's the way I have it on our master claim map right now anyway.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 15 Feb 2012, 04:39

Well on the master map it is sort of in GC, CH and WW. So regionally it will be a bit of all. Release wise it will be CH or else Ch will be barren on large cities which are the focal point of quests in a release.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 15 Feb 2012, 07:48

SamirA wrote:Well on the master map it is sort of in GC, CH and WW. So regionally it will be a bit of all. Release wise it will be CH or else Ch will be barren on large cities which are the focal point of quests in a release.

But it would allow plenty more time to actually get the models needed for said cities. That is why I favor doing a more "sparse" region.

575 is a cool number!
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 15 Feb 2012, 07:55

Tarius wrote:
SamirA wrote:Well on the master map it is sort of in GC, CH and WW. So regionally it will be a bit of all. Release wise it will be CH or else Ch will be barren on large cities which are the focal point of quests in a release.

But it would allow plenty more time to actually get the models needed for said cities. That is why I favor doing a more "sparse" region.

*nods head*

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 15 Feb 2012, 10:07

I think it'll probably depend on when we reach that stage and what modelling work we still have to do.

Anyway, :offtopic:
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

The Khan
P:C Modder

Postby The Khan » 03 Mar 2012, 10:34

Is this still being updated? Scamp said he was doing Northern Cold Coast but the only work showing up on the pic on the first page is in the south.
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 03 Mar 2012, 15:02

He's not doing all of the Northern Gold Coast. Map is correct and up to date.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 03 Mar 2012, 15:10

In your blog post here you say:
Scampy Scamp wrote:Back with some screenshots of the Northern Gold Coast, which I am right now conceptualising. Been working on it for quite some while already, to be honest; The only stuff I have got done so far are about 5 cells of the region itself, plus two transition cells between Southern and Northern Gold Coast.

Are you counting everything from N upwards as northern GC?
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 04 Mar 2012, 02:40

No. The area around Sutch lies, of course, to the north. Still, it's near the coastline and thus can't be Northern Gold Coast. NGC is about everything around Garlas Agea and what lies beyond Brina Cross Inn, east of the road.
Short answer, everything near the coast is "Southern Gold Coast", while stuff further inland is considered "Northern Gold Coast". It's hard to give names like that, we won't be calling it that later (it'll all be named just "Gold Coast"). Hell, I don't think I even came up with these expressions ('t was SamirA or someone)

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 04 Mar 2012, 16:42

Should really be coastal and inland really, but as Scamp said, it won't be called that in game. It is just to denote for modders that the area should look a certain way compared to the coast.
Project Coordinator

The Khan

Postby The Khan » 29 Apr 2012, 10:43

So sorry to be a pest but it's been two months since I last asked. Is this still being updated?
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 29 Apr 2012, 11:16

No exterior claims have been finished in the last two months, which is why the map hasn't been updated.
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

The Khan

Postby The Khan » 29 Apr 2012, 11:49

I suppose that would explain it. :P

PreviousNext

Return to P:C Public Discussion