Gold Coast Progress Map

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Gold Coast Progress Map

Postby SamirA » 13 Feb 2012, 04:29

Feel like making an overall progress map TDF?
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 13 Feb 2012, 06:02

Actually I have an idea. I dont know much about web code, but I am sure this is possible.
Have a list of all the cells with tic boxes. Each tic box is linked to its particular cell and there would be 2 tic boxes per cell. When neither are ticked, the online map would show that cell as unclaimed and uncomplete. One tic box would show it as claimed and the other would show it a finished.

Since claims must be granted anyway, it wouldnt be hard for the granter to simply go to the list and tic the box for claimed, and for whoever makes sure its finished to tic that it is done. This would allow a completely up to date map without the need to wait on one person to change it.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 13 Feb 2012, 06:22

If someone could figure that out then sure.
Project Coordinator

The Khan
P:C Modder

Postby The Khan » 13 Feb 2012, 06:28

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:It's here so ordinary people can see it, not just P:C modders.

That way people like me, who aren't part of the team, can help... or just make suggestions.

If there were other Topics like this for other people to voice what they think about it and stuff like than than it really would attract more people.

By the look of all those colors it looks like this mod is going F***ING AWESOME!! 7 claimed and 4 already finished. Good job and good luck. :)
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 13 Feb 2012, 06:39

... we need to hire and internet wiz.

crap, my dad's an internet wiz. :/

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 13 Feb 2012, 07:25

Wollibeebee wrote:... we need to hire and internet wiz.

crap, my dad's an internet wiz. :/

Doing things he doesnt approve of?
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

The Khan

Postby The Khan » 13 Feb 2012, 09:03

XD LOL I don't think W is the type of person to buy C4 on Ebay... that is the type of thing you were talking about... right?
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 13 Feb 2012, 10:21

SamirA wrote:Hmm just notice this map shows P11 as being claimed which i don't believe to be true. P10 I think is though. P11 includes a bit of West Weald and we have not made the concept for it yet so it cannot have been claimed yet.

Scamp wrote:Also working on P11, 010, N9 and N10, while you are at it.

SamirA wrote:Feel like making an overall progress map TDF?

I would, but as far as I'm aware the latest Cyrodiil map we have is this one which has that weird texture thing going on rather than the flat colours of the GC map (which if I'm right in thinking was edited by DJG to make it easier to read). That would make it a right pain for me to edit. If it's possible to have some sort of interactive web map thing I'd be all for that (as long as it works properly).
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 13 Feb 2012, 13:23

SamirA wrote:Hmm just notice this map shows P11 as being claimed which i don't believe to be true. P10 I think is though. P11 includes a bit of West Weald and we have not made the concept for it yet so it cannot have been claimed yet.

SamirA samira, that claim is being worked on.

"We have not made the concept yet" -sure, but what if I say that P11 might be going to be part of the concept and I have already thrown in some stuff there?

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 13 Feb 2012, 13:34

That is fine, but since we have no ground textures (or rocks) for it or anything then it would be difficult to finish at this time. We can leave it on here though, just saying that it won't be in the finished category anytime soon unless something changes.
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 13 Feb 2012, 13:39

Could someone sticky this thread?

Oooh! 200 posts.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 13 Feb 2012, 22:29

So let it be written. So let it be done.
Project Coordinator

The Khan

Postby The Khan » 14 Feb 2012, 01:57

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4643/c ... orders.png

So is the Colovian Highlands or the West Weald going to be next?

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 14 Feb 2012, 02:04

Probably West Weald. Highlands after. Could be reversed but those will definately be the next two.
Project Coordinator

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 14 Feb 2012, 02:11

i'm keen for WW too, and seeing as i'm going to eventually conquer the half of the blackwood that's closest to the WW, we could have quite a large area to explore along with Nibbenay valley. epic.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 14 Feb 2012, 02:31

I was thinking highlands, as it would give more time for other stuff to get done, considering there isnt supposed to be much major stuff out there anyway.
However, I am of the opinion that more than just one area should be open for work. Obviously, most of the focus would go into a single region, but that shouldnt stop work from being done elsewhere if possible. Hmm, I have an idea.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 14 Feb 2012, 02:33

More than one region can be open for work as soon as the region concept is done.
Project Coordinator

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 14 Feb 2012, 02:39

we don't want to spread ourselves to thin though. i'm all for WW, and afaik, so is scamp. once i finished the strik underwater and anvil i'll probably finish up the blackwoods area. and scamp will of started northern CG and WW. that's quite a lot already, and with alex and praed we could get most that done in a few months (7-12 atleast) the we should focus on the highlands with the help of SHOTN and HR. that's my opinion anyway.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 14 Feb 2012, 02:55

Kvatch will be in the CH release to split Skingrad and Kvatch up and make the provinces more even anyway. This makes working on either province a matter of simple preference by Scamp really as he makes the concepts. Saying this, we need to start thinking about some Skingrad concepts as well.
Project Coordinator

The Khan

Postby The Khan » 14 Feb 2012, 04:07

I'm really for anything since I won't be the one doing any of it (Not any time soon anyway). But I do like the idea of the Highlands.

PreviousNext

Return to P:C Public Discussion