Gold Coast Progress Map

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Gold Coast Progress Map

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 15 Jan 2012, 16:45

This is the claim map for the Gold Coast, our second release for Province Cyrodiil. It will be updated as more areas are claimed and finished.

NOTE: The locations marked on the map are just those from Oblivion. We will have more locations, they are at the discretion of exterior modders and as such do not appear on the 'official' claim map.
Last edited by TerrifyingDaedricFoe on 30 Jan 2013, 20:17, edited 9 times in total.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Re: Gold Coast Progress Map

Postby Scamp » 15 Jan 2012, 17:03

Fine map, thanks. Keep in mind we are going to handle things a bit differently than TR though, so it's not likely I'll be putting every single one of these up for anyone to claim.
For example, the area around Wolli's claim is now to be dealt with carefully, so I am editing that directly in my Gold Coast Merge file. That said, claims surrounding P10 will probably not be up for claiming, especially not because some contain the West Weald border, which I am also conceptualising.
However, most of the other claims will be up for claiming, just wanted to make sure you guys see my point.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 15 Jan 2012, 17:35

This map is helpful in showing the public our progress. It means little else. I gave TDF permission to post it. Even if you don't release a claim, it still exists and will be completed, just by you and not a different modder.
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 11 Feb 2012, 17:08

Update

Wolli finished Q8 (finally :P) and O9 is listed as claimed because I know Scamp is working on it.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 11 Feb 2012, 21:08

Also working on P11, 010, N9 and N10, while you are at it.

Thanks for updating this map anyway!

The Khan
P:C Modder

Postby The Khan » 11 Feb 2012, 22:55

So what are those two small islands in M5 and Q6?
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 12 Feb 2012, 01:19

thanks for this map TDF!

The Khan

Postby The Khan » 12 Feb 2012, 03:55

How big are the cities in this release going to be compared to ones in Vvardenfell? Is Anvil going to be Balmora size or Vos size?
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 12 Feb 2012, 04:09

The Khan wrote:How big are the cities in this release going to be compared to ones in Vvardenfell? Is Anvil going to be Balmora size or Vos size?

Obviously they are going to be rather large as there is a ton of space to fill. Stirk the town by itself is comparable to Balmora.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 12 Feb 2012, 04:24

The Khan wrote:So what are those two small islands in M5 and Q6?

Uh, they are islands. What else would they be? (Not every island must have something important on it, you know)

The Khan wrote:How big are the cities in this release going to be compared to ones in Vvardenfell? Is Anvil going to be Balmora size or Vos size?

Significantly larger than most vanilla cities. Stirk, being 4 cells, is our smallest city. Like Tarius said, this is comparable to Balmora, if not larger as it covers all 4 cells and not just parts of them. Anvil will be larger than Stirk, probably should be 60-70 interiors (or more), though I'll have to discuss that with Wolli and other people first.

The Khan

Postby The Khan » 12 Feb 2012, 05:51

...now that's big. So some cities may be about 4 time the size of Balmora?

Anyway, it looks like tons of progress is being made on The Gold Coast. BTW will it have a Movie World there, maybe even a Wet 'N Wild. XP

Lord Andres Indoril

Postby Lord Andres Indoril » 12 Feb 2012, 10:28

A 16 cell Imperial City sounds too small to me.... :p
Best wishes,
Lord Andres Indoril the Mad.

Lord Andres Indoril's Blogwoggofmoddywoddy.

alex25

Postby alex25 » 12 Feb 2012, 10:50

The IC will be far bigger than that. By looking at the maps of the IC island it will be in the 20-30 cells range (with all the ports, university, legion garrison etc)

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 12 Feb 2012, 11:16

Update

Note that Brina Cross will be a small town, not just an inn.
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 12 Feb 2012, 12:55

Thanks! Yeah, since I don't plan to make a city in the Gold Coast, I have claimed the right to make that smallish town ;)
Btw, wouldn't this be better off in either the Gold Coast or Claim maps forums?

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 12 Feb 2012, 14:04

It's here so ordinary people can see it, not just P:C modders.
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 12 Feb 2012, 21:35

Yeah I like it being in the public forums, we should use them a bit to generate more outside interest.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 13 Feb 2012, 01:06

SamirA wrote:Yeah I like it being in the public forums, we should use them a bit to generate more outside interest.

I have sometimes thought that mabe I should remind the people on the Black Mesa forum about why people think its dead, but then realize that probably would just bea waste of time.

Yea, the ability to actually see progress and accept people interested who want to help is the exact reason was TR has lasted as long.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 13 Feb 2012, 04:13

Hmm just notice this map shows P11 as being claimed which i don't believe to be true. P10 I think is though. P11 includes a bit of West Weald and we have not made the concept for it yet so it cannot have been claimed yet.
Project Coordinator

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 13 Feb 2012, 04:21

might be hard, but it'd be cool if we could include stirk and the Abecean Sea, it'd look impressive, just not necessary really.

Next

Return to P:C Public Discussion