Shivering isles in Cyrodiil?

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
MrBirbis
Pleb

Shivering isles in Cyrodiil?

Postby MrBirbis » 23 Nov 2011, 19:28

Hello everyone,

I have question - what about shivering isles in Cyrodiil? Is it will be some how integrate into the P:C? I think it is one of the parts, like Stirk, of Cyrodiil land?
Maybe I am mistaken or don't know something?

I just want to hear your thoughts about this, so share it :)

Best regards,

MrBirbis
I'm just simple, everyday, regular, normal guy

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Re: Shivering isles in Cyrodiil?

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 23 Nov 2011, 19:59

The Shivering Isles are part of Oblivion (the realm), not the physical world of Tamriel. You may be able to visit them as part of a quest. Then again, maybe you won't.

More info on Oblivion
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 23 Nov 2011, 22:21

Probably a lot too much work on a landmass only needed for some few quests. Bethesda could do it because they had more time (haha) and obviously it was something new for everyone, however, now that you already know the Shivering Isles from Oblivion I'd say making it here is too much effort.

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 23 Nov 2011, 22:31

You might get to visit part of the Shivering Isles in a quest at some point. That's all I'm going to say for now.

:nyansheo:

Well, that and mention that it would probably be near-impossible to do without the ability to create a new landmass in an alternate world space, which will probably only be possible with something like OpenMW or Project Aedra. At that point however we'd probably only end up doing Shivering Isles as a separate stand-alone project after finishing P:C.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

MrBirbis
Pleb

Postby MrBirbis » 23 Nov 2011, 22:38

Everything becomes more clearly now. Thank you guys, for your replies ;)

Best wishes.

The Khan
P:C Modder

Postby The Khan » 24 Nov 2011, 09:25

I think there should be... Maybe. It would be fun to do it ourselves from scratch like Bethesda did. I've never, ever played or seen someone play or seen a gameplay video of Oblivion or any of it's expansion packs so it would be fun for me. :)
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

MrBirbis
Pleb

Postby MrBirbis » 24 Nov 2011, 15:47

The Khan wrote:I think there should be... Maybe. It would be fun to do it ourselves from scratch like Bethesda did. I've never, ever played or seen someone play or seen a gameplay video of Oblivion or any of it's expansion packs so it would be fun for me. :)

For me also ;)

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 24 Nov 2011, 16:56

Eventually there probably will be mods that cover the whole of Tamriel and many parts of Oblivion, but it will take a very long time. For now we're concentrating on Cyrodiil. Or are we...? :-D
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 24 Nov 2011, 18:33

Oh, enough with the darned teasing people.
Yes there has been talk, but its best to just wait, seeing as how the mod still has tons of work that needs doing.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

The Khan
P:C Modder

Postby The Khan » 24 Nov 2011, 21:12

I think we should finish Cyrodiil before we should worry about the Shivering Isles. We still got a lot of work ahead of us and it would just slow us down if we try to do it as a 3rd or 4th map instead of the last.
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

Return to P:C Public Discussion