Cyrodiil-Ingame-Description

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
Revenant
P:C Legend

Re: Cyrodiil-Ingame-Description

Postby Revenant » 15 Sep 2011, 10:12

Wollibeebee wrote:aqua-ducts

A yes for me.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 15 Sep 2011, 12:45

Wollibeebee wrote:so HoE's decision ruled out? hahaha.

What are you talking about? I clearly stated I am fine with everything, in other words I don't care. Nothing has been ruled out.

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 15 Sep 2011, 16:32

Wollibeebee wrote:i always like the idea that bruma was made on a thermal pool... can't remember what thread that idea came up in.
I like this idea.

Wollibeebee wrote:so HoE's decision ruled out? hahaha.also.. can we bring aqua-ducts to tamriel while we're on the topic of plumbing?
This too.

About rivers... yeah, I guess it would be nice to see a few more of them, especially in Nibenay which is described as a 'river-based society'. But I don't have any strong feelings either way. There are settlements in vanilla MW with no visible water source (e.g. Ald'ruhn), so it's not like realism is a major issue.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 15 Sep 2011, 22:42

yeh.. wtf ald-ruhn?

ok.. so aquaducts are an obvious win.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 15 Sep 2011, 22:57

I think aqua-ducts could be a really cool feature to add into Colovia, I think it might be a nice idea to have the lack of water taken care of by these running from the jeralls downs through Colovia. Then in Nibenay we really add many more small streams and extend some rivers. This was we can get the water flowing all over Cyrodiil without changing the entire landscape and also add in an awesome feature that seems very fitting for the Colovians and their very romanesque selves.
Project Coordinator

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 16 Sep 2011, 00:51

sounds great then.

we just need meshes.. maybe we can overhaul some Roman meshes by MJY (or where ever he got them from)

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 16 Sep 2011, 01:10

ok, it's actually aqueduct. with an E. D'oh.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10223
there's aqueducts here^

http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=aquedu ... 80&bih=850
but it doesn't look anything like a roman one.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 16 Sep 2011, 04:28

I'd actually like something a bit beefier but based on the Roman style. Something a bit more like what you see in Assassins Creed Brotherhood.
Project Coordinator

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 20 Sep 2011, 16:46

I do sort of wonder if Skyrim is going to include an official book detailing why Cyrodiil isn't a jungle in Oblivion. I can only hope it's not total BS like the semi-official story about Tiber Septim using a totem to change the climate.

Considering Morrowind's in-game description of Cyrodiil the only way to retcon this without making it stupid would be to explain how something happened between Morrowind and Oblivion-in which case it may be something we'd want to add to P:C in some form. Otherwise, I believe we already agreed that we'e not going to do anything to cover for Bethesda's "mistakes" with Oblivion.

Another "theory" that's occurred to me though is that perhaps it has something to do with the Dragon Break-like it's somehow an unintentional side-effect that altered history all the way back to that point in the first era but at the same time people who haven't been to Cyrodiil recently still remember it as a jungle. We wouldn't go with this idea of course but it'd be a better explanation nonetheless.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 20 Sep 2011, 22:17

I like that look Osidian. Very nice.
Project Coordinator

Lady Nerevar
P:C Legend

Postby Lady Nerevar » 20 Sep 2011, 23:16

DJGamer wrote:Considering Morrowind's in-game description of Cyrodiil the only way to retcon this without making it stupid would be to explain how something happened between Morrowind and Oblivion

Most retcons require no explanation, with the new lore simply overwriting the old. We don't notice it most of the time, it just so happens that people loved the jungle.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 21 Sep 2011, 03:29

More like people were underwhelmed by the boring province Beth created after experiencing such a cool environment in Morrowind and expecting a jungle that could have been equally as cool.
Project Coordinator

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 21 Sep 2011, 13:35

Most retcons require no explanation, with the new lore simply overwriting the old. We don't notice it most of the time, it just so happens that people loved the jungle.

Yeah, it is as simple as that it seems.

Perhaps it's not helpful to fiddle around with single references strewn all over the games, there are too many to take them all into consideration.

If we follow such random references, we should only do so because it fits into our concept of the place and makes the result better. I often realise that it's just that when you create a province-mod, but I often turn back to fiddling around then, because it's also fun, sometimes, to fiddle around.

The Khan
P:C Modder

Postby The Khan » 01 Nov 2011, 06:25

On the water subject. Underground springs would work. Interiors that have small streams and waterfalls would solve the problem. Not directly underneath the cities/towns and not too far away and with direct access. Aqua ducts would work. If you could walk along the top like in the pictures that would make travel safer and quicker. Another thing; Horse. They were in Oblivion and they would be handy and make it more interesting to explore Cyrodiil.
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

Previous

Return to P:C Public Discussion