Common houses in Cyrodiil

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
Helena
Head of Quests

Re: Common houses in Cyrodiil

Postby Helena » 27 Jul 2011, 18:15

I've read the lore guide, but I'm still not sure where you're getting the idea that the Legions are exclusively Colovian. The 1st PGE just says that the 'majority' of Imperial soldiers are Colovians, and Bethesda doesn't distinguish between Nibenese and Colovians in-game. (Of course, in practice, that means that we won't either - unless we create separate sub-races for each, which seems a bit OTT.) It just seems rather pointless to state that the entire Imperial military is Colovian, when this a) doesn't make sense and b) has no in-game effect anyway (they'll all presumably wear the same uniform, so cultural markers such as dress won't apply).

Talking of rice... just had an idea about that, I'll add it to the 'Sub-region' thread.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 27 Jul 2011, 18:44

This is where you are very wrong. By majority it means vast majority and it even appears that officers are exclusively Colovian if not born from another province. The main thing is that we will show a difference in game. The Nibenese will be different in almost ever way to the Colovians and vanilla Imperials (aka Colovians). We have long wanted special heads for the Nibenese and Westly was set to make them at one point. This may no longer be the case, but we still plan on having different heads for the Nibenese NPC's. Expect some nice facial tattoos. The only mention of warriors in the Nibenese people are battlemages.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 27 Jul 2011, 19:13

SamirA wrote:By majority it means vast majority

I don't want to get into a long argument about this since it's not really relevant to the thread anyway, but how do you know this? The fact that the battlemage is a Nibenese concept doesn't mean that the only Nibenese soldiers are battlemages, and as for the officers, I read that sentence as meaning 'all Colovian nobles are army officers' rather than 'all army officers are Colovians'. Anyway, it's not such a big issue; I just think it's taking the idea of separate sub-cultures a little too far - they are still the same race, after all. Even the Great Houses and the Ashlanders of Morrowind aren't distinguished to that extent.

I'm all for giving the Nibenese new faces, though I hope we'll have some for the Colovians as well - it'll be hard to populate an entire region with just the original 7 heads. There are lots of headpacks we could use, and facial tattoos for some of them would be nice as well.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 27 Jul 2011, 19:46

Oh yes some more heads for Colovians as well would be good. Again think of them as great houses.
Project Coordinator

Revenant
P:C Legend

Postby Revenant » 17 Aug 2011, 15:41

I'll totally work on some Nibenese heads and hair when the time comes around, just saying.

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 17 Aug 2011, 18:33

That reminds me of something: with Stirk progressing as fast as it is, we'll probably need new Imperial heads - not to mention clothing - sooner rather than later. There are plenty of headpacks to use for faces, but lore-friendly BB clothing is annoyingly difficult to find (especially stuff that fits both men and women). I'm thinking of asking Westly if I can use some of his stuff, but we'll definitely need new Cyrodiilic-style clothing as well.

I should also mention that there are at least 3 Nibenese characters in Stirk. If we want a consistent 'look' to them rather than just randomly-chosen heads, that's something that needs discussion. I imagine the Nibenese in general are slightly darker-skinned, from living in a hotter climate, and some of them may have tattoos and other markings as described in the PGE.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 17 Aug 2011, 20:23

I agree with you on the BB clothing being terrible for fitting in game. I have found a few Korana things for the pirates that are good and Westly does have a few things here and there but I agree more clothing is needed especially for the Nibenese.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 17 Aug 2011, 21:31

Plangkye's 'Hilgya the Seamstress' mod also has one or two Oblivion conversions IIRC.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 17 Aug 2011, 22:20

Helena wrote:with Stirk progressing as fast as it is

Heh. I wanted to finish it some weeks ago but somehow it didn't quite work :nyansheo:

Anyway, moar heads sounds good.

The Khan
P:C Modder

Postby The Khan » 01 Nov 2011, 06:16

Scamp wrote:Anyway, moar heads sounds good.

It does. It'll give this mod a more unique feel and a more fresh atmosphere. It'll also stop some people from saying "I've seen that before" or "This is boring"... I hope. :)
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

Previous

Return to P:C Public Discussion