Old FAQ Question Thread

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
DJGamer
Mad God

Old FAQ Question Thread

Postby DJGamer » 03 Feb 2011, 20:30

This thread ended up going on several tangents and has been split up into three other topics. A new thread has been created and pinned with stricter guidelines for discussion. I'll leave this thread since there are a couple or so answered questions in it but it'll not be pinned. Also note that there may still be a few random out-of-context posts remaining in the thread.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

Tes96
P:C Reviewer

Re: Have any questions about the project?

Postby Tes96 » 09 Dec 2011, 01:58

Are we going to use a "sheephold"? Because you don't necessarily keep sheep in a pin or a hold, they just kind of stand there in the hills or the pasture. And you have a sheperd and a sheepdog to get the sheep to go certain places. I started a new game in TESIV and the guy at Weynon Pryory ran out to me and said something like "I was in the sheephold when suddenly mythic dawn agents came out and butt raped me and took my coin as well as my pride." Or he said something like that. Will we have herds of sheep out on pastures with a sheperd and his dog sitting near by and give him daily schedules to sheer one or two?
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

The Khan
P:C Modder

Postby The Khan » 09 Dec 2011, 05:42

Another question. Will you continue onto other provinces when P:C is finished and if so which one/ones?
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 09 Dec 2011, 07:24

The Khan wrote:Another question. Will you continue onto other provinces when P:C is finished and if so which one/ones?
Who me? Well I'm doing my showcase for TR and SHOTN at the moment.
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Praedator

Postby Praedator » 09 Dec 2011, 09:58

The Khan wrote:Another question. Will you continue onto other provinces when P:C is finished and if so which one/ones?

You want to know what all modders do after 5 years, noone can say...

Osidian

Postby Osidian » 09 Dec 2011, 18:25

Many of the members of P:C are already work in other provinces of Tamriel (Tamriel Rebuilt and Skyrim-Home of the Nords), so we'll have our hand full for a "little" while.

@Tes96:
A herd of sheep on a pasture with a shepherd nearby is doable. I'm not sure about adding daily schedules though... And I don't think we have a sheep creature on our files right now.
I am no salmon – Dagon

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 09 Dec 2011, 23:16

Osidian wrote:

Many of the members of P:C are already work in other provinces of Tamriel (Tamriel Rebuilt and Skyrim-Home of the Nords), so we'll have our hand full for a "little" while.

@Tes96:
A herd of sheep on a pasture with a shepherd nearby is doable. I'm not sure about adding daily schedules though... And I don't think we have a sheep creature on our files right now.
Thanks.

How many 3D modellers do we actively have on board?

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 10 Dec 2011, 00:24

Tes96 wrote:
Osidian wrote:

@Tes96:
Thanks.

Mostly me.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

The Khan

Postby The Khan » 10 Dec 2011, 05:20

Tarius wrote:
Tes96 wrote:
Osidian wrote:Many of the members of P:C are already work in other provinces of Tamriel (Tamriel Rebuilt and Skyrim-Home of the Nords), so we'll have our hand full for a "little" while.

@Tes96:
Thanks.

Mostly me.

LOL. A one man army.
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 10 Dec 2011, 06:22

I think we may have 2-3 if we include zackg and possibly SWG. It has been mostly Tarius though for the current incarnation of things, though-like he said.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 10 Dec 2011, 10:50

Do you guys suppose Taddeus, the inventor of "Necessities of Morrowind", would like to join our team and slave away over a hot keyboard making us fantastic models? Perhaps I'll just ask him. I haven't seen any of Tarius's work. I've seen StarWarsGuy's work and ZackG. StarWarsGuy made some awesome skies. I forget what ZackG did/does. Anybody know what Tarius has done/made?
Anybody know what I have done? :lol: (besides complain about TESV)

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 10 Dec 2011, 11:17

In short, this, this and this.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Osidian

Postby Osidian » 10 Dec 2011, 13:16

And Stirk houses too. And probably other things that I, unfairly, don't recall right now.
As he said, he's doing most of the modelling work here right now.
I am no salmon – Dagon

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 10 Dec 2011, 13:18

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:In short, this, this and this.

Wow, that looks so awesome! It truly does look like Cyrodiil and not just a modded TESIII morrowind. I'm not sure why the horizon is slightly curved but it totally adds to the immersion and realism, which is great. That first picture is a coppermine?

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 10 Dec 2011, 13:27

'Coppermine' is an image gallery, I believe. The pictures show part of Stirk's Ayleid ruin.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 10 Dec 2011, 13:45

Tes96 wrote:Wow, that looks so awesome! It truly does look like Cyrodiil and not just a modded TESIII morrowind. I'm not sure why the horizon is slightly curved but it totally adds to the immersion and realism, which is great. That first picture is a coppermine?

Actually, it's the first time I notice that o.0 Need to look into my Morrowind again and check if it really looks like that ingame. The models are indeed great work, well done Tarius.

Osidian

Postby Osidian » 10 Dec 2011, 14:18

I think the horizon is curved because of the draw distance and the distant fog.

In this picture the horizon isn't that curved (because Scamp uses a bigger draw distance I think). I was using 8 or 10 cells. I think that's the reason, but I could be wrong :P
I am no salmon – Dagon

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 10 Dec 2011, 20:05

I notice the curve as well. I usually have a draw dist of about 7 and mine doesnt look curved.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

Osidian

Postby Osidian » 10 Dec 2011, 20:28

It depends on your perspective (how high you are). Here are a couple of examples, at the same place, the first at ground level, the other a little higher:
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5890/mgescreenshot2t.png
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1167/mgescreenshot3a.png

edit: It may also be related to the field of vision, but I don't think so.
I am no salmon – Dagon

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 10 Dec 2011, 20:39

Osidian wrote:edit: It may also be related to the field of vision, but I don't think so.

Actually, that makes sense. The larger your field of vision, the more stuff has to fit in, so things will end up curved if its large enough, similiar to those huge sky textures etc.

Next

Return to P:C Public Discussion