Old FAQ Question Thread

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
Osidian
P:C Modder

Re: Have any questions about the project?

Postby Osidian » 10 Dec 2011, 20:43

Tarius wrote:
Osidian wrote:edit: It may also be related to the field of vision, but I don't think so.

Actually, that makes sense. The larger your field of vision, the more stuff has to fit in, so things will end up curved if its large enough, similiar to those huge sky textures etc.

I just checked ingame with the default FOV and that's not what causes the horizon to appear curverd. Here's a picture even higher: http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/5678/mgescreenshot3.jpg

When you set a draw distance you'll have a sphere around you (the center is the player and the radius is the draw distance). So when you're at ground level you can't clearly see the intersection between the water-plane and your sphere. When you get higher, the area of the intersection gets smaller and, as you are further away from the intersection, you can see it clearly.
I hope this makes sense :?
I am no salmon – Dagon

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 11 Dec 2011, 01:07

Osidian wrote:
Tarius wrote:
Osidian wrote:edit: It may also be related to the field of vision, but I don't think so.

Actually, that makes sense. The larger your field of vision, the more stuff has to fit in, so things will end up curved if its large enough, similiar to those huge sky textures etc.

I just checked ingame with the default FOV and that's not what causes the horizon to appear curverd. Here's a picture even higher: http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/5678/mgescreenshot3.jpg

When you set a draw distance you'll have a sphere around you (the center is the player and the radius is the draw distance). So when you're at ground level you can't clearly see the intersection between the water-plane and your sphere. When you get higher, the area of the intersection gets smaller and, as you are further away from the intersection, you can see it clearly.
I hope this makes sense :?

Ah, that makes sense too, skyboxes are naturally round.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

The Khan

Postby The Khan » 11 Dec 2011, 10:35

Off topic much. :teach:
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 11 Dec 2011, 18:24

Wow, it's been how long since I created this topic and only NOW it's actually getting attention?

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

The Khan

Postby The Khan » 11 Dec 2011, 21:21

Two questions lead to 3 pages of posts. :)
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

meteora
Pleb

Postby meteora » 07 Feb 2012, 23:24

Hi all. I accidentally found your project, looking for oblivion and morrowind mods. I would like to ask, how is the mod going?When do you think you will be ready for publish? I wish i was a moder or programmer to offer some help. Your idea is fantastic, and congratulations for your efforts and work.I`m a huge Elder Scrolls fan, and i was kinda disappointed from oblivion regarding some facts,like the enviroment and the happy grass and trees everywhere. Greetings from Greece.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 08 Feb 2012, 02:42

It is going well and we plan a release of our first region, Stirk (left out of Oblivion), this spring. We are glad you show interest and if you want to make a showcase we can help you become a modder. All it takes is a little effort.
Project Coordinator

Praedator
P:C Reviewer

Postby Praedator » 08 Feb 2012, 06:04

meteora wrote:Hi all. I accidentally found your project, looking for oblivion and morrowind mods. I would like to ask, how is the mod going?When do you think you will be ready for publish? I wish i was a moder or programmer to offer some help. Your idea is fantastic, and congratulations for your efforts and work.I`m a huge Elder Scrolls fan, and i was kinda disappointed from oblivion regarding some facts,like the enviroment and the happy grass and trees everywhere. Greetings from Greece.

Geia sou Meteora,

If you look for mods the official forums http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/12-morrowind-mods/ have a lot of information, and even threads about different setups. Also try Knots guide; http://www.somethingfornobody.com/2011/morrowind-modding-guide/ if you want a total overhaul of Morrowind.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 13 Feb 2012, 02:29

Now if only dirnae would come to that same realization :P
Project Coordinator

Previous

Return to P:C Public Discussion