Cyrodil's Children

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
jazzon
Pleb

Cyrodil's Children

Postby jazzon » 19 Sep 2014, 10:29

The mod Children of Morrowind by Emma (of Emma and Grumpy fame) Available Here was a HUUUGE hit back in the day. It added kids and teenagers all over Vardenfell. If you folks are aiming at making a realistic type world I believe that this must include kids.

[*]For one thing they make for excellent sources of "unusual" quests.
[*]A land obviously cannot flourish without young population.
[*]They add a great deal of flavor to the game over all.
[*]And it is just "right" that they be there.

I know (and agree with you on this) that you do not want to make the mod dependent upon other mods, and besides, not everyone wants kids running around their Vardenfel, but Emma has always been good about letting others use her work, and I believe she would be more than happy to let you use the resources (hers any ways, she would definitely insist that you get permission from the other developers).

While I have issues with not being able to do certain mod work myself, I could certainly import the material from her mod into something separate as permission is attained from the original devs, and then make the stuff importable into you folks' work. I realize that sounds like a cumbersome process, but it really isn't. And since the mod includes things like heads by another dev, this way the stuff could be transferred only on a "permission" is had basis, and made available to you in the end. This way you guys only wind up with stuff you are allowed to use, and have proof you are allowed (emails).

Also, by me doing it on a machine that does not have a copy of your work on it, there is no possibility of accidental inclusion of something without permission. The only thing I would send on would be a custom BSA you could then unpack, and an import file for (was TESAME or TESTool that imported and exported...I don't recall but have all the old tools except for the emerald editor) the correct tool.

Additionally, I was around in the old days of Morrowind modding. I still know where to contact one of the guys from Better Bodies fame if you want to use their models. Heck, worst He could do is tell me no. But I don not want to waste a bunch of effort if you folks aren't interested in these resources.
I have been accused of writting walls of text ... this is completely and utterly false!
I have constructed many Great Walls however ....

I do post long things, so I use spoiler tags as condensing blocks. Open at your own risk!

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Cyrodil's Children

Postby SamirA » 19 Sep 2014, 12:17

There are no children in the TES:III game world. There will be no children here. If someone wants to add to CoM they are welcome to.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 19 Sep 2014, 13:59

I remember having to close a thread at the ShotN forums because opinions on this very matter are too diverse.

Please don't spend time and effort on this matter if you wish children to be included in a main P:C release. I clearly object to it. As a matter of fact, I agree to none of the four points you made at the beginning of your post. (btw; if you want to make lists, you'll have to use the [list] tag before using the [*] tag).
One part of my fascination with Morrowind is that it stays so true to its own laws, one of them being the complete absence of children.

As it has been mentioned, if someone wishes to make a CoM addon for P:C, they may feel free to do so.

jazzon
Pleb

Postby jazzon » 19 Sep 2014, 14:04

lol down boys!

Was just throwing out an idea. I always thought it was a big over site they left it out. Just tossing it out there since I hadn't seen any other mention of it here. Don't shoot the messenger please ...
I have been accused of writting walls of text ... this is completely and utterly false!
I have constructed many Great Walls however ....

I do post long things, so I use spoiler tags as condensing blocks. Open at your own risk!

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 22 Sep 2014, 17:46

Lol I get the feeling I'm being way too harsh on ya.

Don't take me too seriously, I'm a cool guy... generally...

Return to P:C Public Discussion