Video of P:C

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
Praedator
P:C Reviewer

Video of P:C

Postby Praedator » 12 Aug 2014, 16:10

There is a guy called Darkelfguy that makes videos in a series called "Morrowind Modding Showcases" and he publishes quite professionally and regularly (I believe weekly) also on BSF.

I threw a ball and asked him if he would like to make a video of P:C, SHotN and CoB (my mod), and he was very interested in doing so.

Now is my question; Do we really want that, and how should we handle it? I mean should I ask him to become a member at our forums and ask us officially?

(my two cents for promoting our great project)

Worsas
Asset Manager

Re: Video of P:C

Postby Worsas » 12 Aug 2014, 18:11

A good call. We need more publicity for sure.

I only wonder if we should best do this once karthwasten and stirk- release are beyond their npcing stage. That could be a signal to show a complete environment with people and interiors, but it would also mean that we would have to wait a bit before the video can be taken.

We could alternatively just wait on Anvil to be finished and let him only show the exteriors. In theory it would be optimal to have the complete landmasses of each mod aswell to have a scenery to show beyond the release areas and therefore a more massive showcase. I'll have to look if that would be possible for SHOTN, but in any case we could most certainly do it that way here.

Praedator
P:C Reviewer

Re: Video of P:C

Postby Praedator » 12 Aug 2014, 19:28

Worsas wrote:A good call. We need more publicity for sure.

I only wonder if we should best do this once karthwasten and stirk- release are beyond their npcing stage. That could be a signal to show a complete environment with people and interiors, but it would also mean that we would have to wait a bit before the video can be taken.

We could alternatively just wait on Anvil to be finished and let him only show the exteriors. In theory it would be optimal to have the complete landmasses of each mod aswell to have a scenery to show beyond the release areas and therefore a more massive showcase. I'll have to look if that would be possible for SHOTN, but in any case we could most certainly do it that way here.

I agree on the NPCs, it makes it look more lively, and shows off our clothing. Also we could let him make a video now and again in 3 months, its 4-5 mins for a mod anyway. He could do an ext vid and a int vid seperately for instance.

Return to P:C Public Discussion