some sounds from a game from 1998

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
Glisp
Pleb

some sounds from a game from 1998

Postby Glisp » 25 Mar 2014, 17:49

http://www.mediafire.com/view/09mawckdo ... a_dump.rar so I have these sounds from the game Jurassic Park Trespasser. They're sounds used for the dinosaurs obviously. While they were used for a Jurassic park game, they're not the sounds used in the films. The Developers of said game couldn't get copyright for the actual creature sound effects, so as a result they used a Hollywood sound library. The game Doom did something similar for its creature sounds as well.

As a result, there are many sounds from different real animals and possibly some fake ones as well. Regardless, if it becomes an issue, the pitch can be changed a little for the sounds. anyway, here you guys go, hopefully they get some use. if not, then that's okay too.

Also, I would like to note that any files that are 88kbps won't play. just delete those and keep the rest. There are also other non-creature sounds so you can delete those if you come across them unless you find some of them useful for creature footsteps.

Luxray
P:C Modder

Re: some sounds from a game from 1998

Postby Luxray » 25 Mar 2014, 19:25

>a Hollywood sound library
which presumably is under copyright and we therefore can't use, surely
<Shurdi3> Also who has a framed picture of food in their house? What is this, TES instagram?

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Re: some sounds from a game from 1998

Postby Tarius » 26 Mar 2014, 02:59

Stuff under copyright cant be used on the off chance someone important notices.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Return to P:C Public Discussion