Heading northwards?

Public discussion of the Province: Cyrodiil project.
Worsas
Asset Manager

Heading northwards?

Postby Worsas » 26 Dec 2013, 23:57

I have had an exchange of emails with Lestat De Lioncourt in which he asked me for the cyrodiil-heightmap in order to perform border adaption along the southern skyrim-frontier. The way it looks people at shotn will very likely work on Falkreath after The Reach has been completed. (At least there are certain trends in that direction visible)

Now if we moved northwards around here at the same time, we would have a chance of meeting up in 2-4 years. Good idea?

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Heading northwards?

Postby SamirA » 27 Dec 2013, 00:02

The plan is indeed to move northward although perhaps working on the West Weald prior to that. Colovian Highlands will either be the next region or the region after West Weald. Connecting to the beginnings of SHotN in the "near" future would be beneficial to both projects I would imagine. Generate more awareness of both among the followers as there are those who know of each one but not the other respectively.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 27 Dec 2013, 01:00

What the hell? I already sent him the heightmap, maybe he hasn't received it since he didn't respond.

No, I don't think this will be possible. Tbh I think Falkreath will be done by the time we get there.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 27 Dec 2013, 10:50

The mentioned email-exchange was about two weeks ago. I don't know when he spoke to you about it. You know him, he may have lost the heightmap in the meantime like many of my files I sent him via email months and years ago.

How do you think it is not going to be possible?

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 27 Dec 2013, 15:08

What I said in the last post. Exactly how quickly do you expect us to be done with the whole West Weald PLUS the whole Colovian Highlands, each being at least double the size of Falkreath, by the time Lestat and me are done with the next region at ShotN (which will be Falkreath if I understand you correctly). Just compare a map of Cyrodiil to a map of Skyrim. On top of that, compare the speed Lestat works with to how long I need to make a couple of claims. No, by the time we are working on the border with Skyrim the ShotN team might as well be working on Windhelm.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 27 Dec 2013, 15:42

I didn't really think of having to meet up timely, but about possibly focusing on creating a connected piece of land with SHOTN by doing the colovian highlands next rather than the west weald. It would just be an option and can be discarded, if you do not see a major gain.

The advantage would be having a connected landmass a few years earlier than otherwise.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 27 Dec 2013, 17:10

I'm in favor of moving northward as well. I feel like we have more resources and concepts currently at our disposal for the Highlands and Chorrol than we do for the West Weald and Skingrad.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 27 Dec 2013, 18:38

Actually, I have mentioned this before around here. I would be in favor of moving up the western border of Cyrodiil before going on to anything else. This gives time for more models to be made and...well mostly models and textures. This particular area isnt quite as heavily occupied compared to elsewhere(save for the exact opposite side of the map).(That chapel is almost done, then I can move to other stuff)
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 27 Dec 2013, 20:06

Not to mention, Sutch is going to be along that border region as well. And that's the next logical step based on the models we have made up currently.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 28 Dec 2013, 14:23

Yeah we sorted this out on IRC, apparently it was a misunderstanding on my side. SamirA and I agreed that we should do the CH first and meet up with ShotN, then do the WW.

Return to P:C Public Discussion