Lost & Found

Quests given by people in the Cold Coast Region.
TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Lost & Found

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 23 Aug 2012, 14:33

If you happen to be swimming around in the Abecean Sea you may come across a skeleton at the bottom of the ocean. If you search the skeleton you will find a unique amulet with the name Aventus inscribed upon it (obviously it you won't be able to read it in-game, you will be informed by a journal update when you find it).

It just so happens that in Anvil there lives a middle-class Imperial by the name of Justin Aventus. If you show him the amulet he will tell you that he believes it belonged to his great-grandfather who disappeared at sea many years ago. You can then give him the amulet, sell him the amulet or keep the amulet.

If you give him the amulet he will tell you the story his grandmother told him about how her father disappeared. Apparently he was an adventurer who travelled all around Tamriel exploring ruins and finding treasure. He was returning to Anvil with a load of treasure he had found in Direnni ruins in High Rock when his ship was sunk in a storm. Justin will ask you to search for the treasure on the bottom of the sea.

The twist is that the treasure has long since been dispersed by the sea and is lost forever. You will never be able to find it.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Re: Lost & Found

Postby Scamp » 23 Aug 2012, 19:24

I like this a lot, however chances are not high that you come across that skeleton just by roaming the Abecean Sea.
I would say that there must be some kind of hint somewhere in Stirk that leads you to the skeleton before you actually enter the quest intself.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 23 Aug 2012, 21:54

I would say put a couple peices around there. Nothing big, just enough to have people looking for more.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 23 Aug 2012, 21:59

To me this looks like it was more likely to find the complete treasure before you even stumble over that amulet, let alone meet the grandchild in Anvil afterwards.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 23 Aug 2012, 23:13

hide something under a rock shelf. And put kelp in front of it. That way it's not obvious. Might not hurt to put the dead guy on top of the rocks. Just so you don't think to explore any further down till you get the news.
Paladin of Vaermina

Return to Gold Coast