Various claims

Submit meshes and textures you would like to be added to PC Data.
Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Re: Various claims

Postby Wollibeebee » 06 Aug 2013, 02:31

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/236 ... 0stairs.7z
changed the material settings and vertex painting on the stairs to make them match the rest of the meshes in Anvil.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/236 ... lanter2.7z
A second version of the planter, 3 times larger (the other one is tiny small.) Just add it as a new mesh.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 06 Aug 2013, 04:12

Yes, I will take a look at these too.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 06 Aug 2013, 05:35

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/236 ... odlily.nif
And here's a bloodily with a stencil property on the stem. Oops.

EDIT: Ignore the previously posted markets. 2 of the meshes were exactly the same (where as they should have had two different canvas textures) and a metal texture was search for a .dds, when it was a vanilla .tga.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/236 ... arkets2.7z

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 06 Aug 2013, 19:28

Ok, after retaking into account stuff.

pc_ex_marketstand_06.nif
pc_flora_bloodlily.nif
These two, need some changes, but are acceptable, we can get to them later. The cart need some mesh changes and the lily needs stem edit and some UV tweaks. They are fine for now though so I let them through. Were you doing release? or was SamirA?
Well heres the link to the good stuff to add: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/220 ... istuff.zip
Some of it I edited myself.

As for the other stuff, you will find a folder with folders in it saying what needs changing. Stuff needs collision along with other changes.
Ok, first, texture repeats suck. Some rework to do there.
Second, complexity sucks. Combining things is nice.
Mostly simple stuff, but clear enough to go ahead and fix now. Also, I removed so much stencil and specular from stuff in the good folder. So when these are gone back through, go ahead and make sure you remove the stencil and specular.(well specular isnt much of a priority, but since stencil is being removed, might as well remove it too)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/220 ... ixthis.zip

A quick note on pc_ex_marketstand_02.nif, make sure the collision matches the posts incase the player wants to shoot someone in the feet.

I also leave the option for these to be put in to the files anyway, but if you decide to do that, please make a list with the names and what needs to be fixed so I can note it in the master file thread.(the changes are mostly so they look better and for keeping things tidy and more efficient, but techinically there isnt anything that would stop them being used in the game.)
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 06 Aug 2013, 21:48

Oh lord, I just wanted to replace the textures on most of these. D:

I'll go through the fixthis folder at lunch.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 06 Aug 2013, 23:32

I am updating the data still Tarius, so make sure that all of the files for the next update are sent to me in the usual fashion (aside from the ayleid crystals that I already have).
Project Coordinator

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 06 Aug 2013, 23:54

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 07 Aug 2013, 04:01

Tarius, is there any reason you've put the market canvas' in the wollistuff folder? My original submission said they could be deleted. I'll have to tell SamirA what textures to delete by momo for his cranes that we no longer need, once I upload these fixes.)

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 07 Aug 2013, 05:01

Oh, oops, well now everyones knows they can be deleted. But why did you include them to begin with if you also had a note saying to delete them? I suppose thats why they are in there because I thought you meant to delete current ones in the files or something. I didnt know you meant delete the ones you included which is still confusing.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 07 Aug 2013, 08:01

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/236 ... iupdate.7z
There, everything but the stairs.

delete the following .dds':
pc_tx_momocloth01
pc_tx_momometal01
pc_tx_momorope01
pc_tx_momowood01
pc_marketstand_cloth_01-3

The market cloths weren't in anything I upload Tarius..?

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 07 Aug 2013, 23:19

I was going to post this in one of the Anvil threads, but this is probably better, if less relevant.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/236 ... l/Doors.7z
There, doors for Anvil. That should hopefully be one of the last things left to do. Now that Muspila's done a chapel.

I will need docks later, but that district will be last.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 08 Aug 2013, 06:37

Will check these some point sooner.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 09 Aug 2013, 03:28

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 09 Aug 2013, 09:19

The textures in links 2 and 4 are not great for us. The other textures all look nice assuming they are not on simple plains, but actual meshes.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 09 Aug 2013, 13:49

I still don't understand why the meshes matter.

We need the textures, not the meshes.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 09 Aug 2013, 19:54

If those textures are on planes, then they will need to be made to fit on our meshes. We will not be using planes for rugs, period. We also will not use the textures from the planes that TR has because they have no texture (sounds weird I know). The TR ones look extremely flat (because they are) and painted rather than like dyed cloth as these wolli has just shown. I don't care whether or not these textures are put on the older rug meshes or not, my point was merely that a texture on a plane is unacceptable.
Project Coordinator

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 09 Aug 2013, 19:55

Just use the vanilla rug meshes. There's small rectangles, big rectangles, circles... whatever shape you need. That's what I did when I retextured those lowerclass rugs for y'all.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 10 Aug 2013, 00:51

I'm not converting the meshes, that takes to long when it's a skyrim mesh, and it's easy enough to get any texture on the vanilla rugs.

I may see about fixing TR's rugs for them too.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 10 Aug 2013, 03:03

SamirA wrote:If those textures are on planes, then they will need to be made to fit on our meshes. We will not be using planes for rugs, period. We also will not use the textures from the planes that TR has because they have no texture (sounds weird I know). The TR ones look extremely flat (because they are) and painted rather than like dyed cloth as these wolli has just shown. I don't care whether or not these textures are put on the older rug meshes or not, my point was merely that a texture on a plane is unacceptable.

Yes... you're missing the point for some odd reason, or I'm being extremely dumb. It doesn't matter what kind of mesh the textures are on at TR. I could also take a photo of a rug in my house and it wouldn't be any different. As far as my knowledge goes, it should be possible to edit the UV in a way that the texture fits vanilla rugs, which are not flat planes.

Also, lol. How can a texture have no texture? That is beyond me.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 10 Aug 2013, 04:47

The TR textures are awful and they have no texture to them. Texture is the word used to describe the image that it placed upon a mesh, however texture in the real sense is something that is felt and often is visible. Carpets, for example, have a certain texture which is visible. The rug textures used at TR do not show texture in the real sense of the word, they are visibly flat and plain as if they were painted rather than exhibiting the visible signs of being rugs. YOU are missing this point. The other point about them is simply to say that we will not use simple planes (which they are, but this does not mean it is the reason I am saying no to the TR rugs) as rugs in our mod. Yes those textures could be modified, but that isn't the point of saying we wont use planes and I have already addressed why those rug textures will not be used. Wolli has done a very good job finding much better options for us.
Project Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Models & Textures