Various claims

Submit meshes and textures you would like to be added to PC Data.
Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Various claims

Postby Wollibeebee » 25 May 2013, 23:56

I'm working my way through furniture at the moment:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/236 ... 20Files.7z
Mostly just retextures, except the plough which is a new mesh and the pile of planks which I deleted the uneeded faces from, per requirement.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Various claims

Postby SamirA » 25 May 2013, 23:59

Are you going to add these or do you want me to? We need a decisive split between my last update and yours so that we can make sure everything is in that should be.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 26 May 2013, 00:17

I will take a look to double check things.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 26 May 2013, 00:28

Tarius, are you planning on doing the next data update?

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 26 May 2013, 00:42

Me? No, all you guys can have fun with that.
I need to see the files mainly so I can mark them off the list on that master list I made. You can also make a list as you go through the folders and post in that thread I made. The f folder was one of the largest(figures I started with that one), most of the others dont have nearly as many meshes in them to go through.
I will be taking into account that list you sent me soon enough, at least of the things in the f folder. The others can be gotten to whenever we go through the their folders.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 28 May 2013, 04:11

Ok:
pc_furn_dressform.nif Now lower priority, still could do with poly removal
pc_furn_dressptrn_01.nif not sure what you did, but it made the file smaller, still needs a better texture though. Can stay in anyway until then.
pc_furn_com_nails.nif fixed some on this one myself by getting rid of the ends of the nails and merging some vertexs etc. Could still use a better cup texture and round cup.
pc_furn_ex_cart_01.nif This still needs replacing, or optimizing it and making the wheels actually be round. Its nice you did texture replacement and all, but texture was fine to begin with, the geometry is just wastful and sucks(yea, I know you didnt touch the geometry). I noted it in the master list now so its more specific. Its 2228 polys at the moment, I see waste all over it, still let it stay in though since you did texture work.
pc_furn_ex_cart_02.nif same story as the first cart

To be continued, I will finish with the rest of this tommorow and edit this post with findings. I will also put up a link to the files. Its likely all of them will be there, just some edits and what not on em. I will also update the master list again. After SamirA says he got the files, I will delete this thread after not too long.
For the most part things are ok I will comment more on stuff later as I am tired of typing and looking at stuff right now.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 28 May 2013, 06:29

Tarius wrote:Ok:
pc_furn_dressptrn_01.nif not sure what you did, but it made the file smaller, still needs a better texture though. Can stay in anyway until then.
Ask, and ye shall receive: http://i.imgur.com/IFWbT1e.jpg

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ias7rlov0j1c ... tterns.zip

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 28 May 2013, 06:43

I'll be honest with you Tarius, I'm not very good at removing polys, I usually create a big messy splotch with messed up UV's.

Juib, That looks great! Although I would use that on my retextured meshes, as I seperated the wood and paper to allow two separate textures. That way you only need the 1 texture (the one without wood.) and the mannequin can use the same wood texture.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 28 May 2013, 19:15

Very nice texture, that fixes that.

Ok, this file has all those models in it and the master list has been edited some.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/220 ... 0Files.zip

I have included the textures that saint just made, and also is still a text file listing unneeded textures.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 28 May 2013, 20:07

Just to clarify, the file Tarius has includes everything that should be added and/or removed from P:C data correct? If this is the system we will use then I will only download the files Tarius puts up after he takes the file others begin and finishes them. I just want to double check before I do anything with data.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 28 May 2013, 20:21

SamirA wrote:Just to clarify, the file Tarius has includes everything that should be added and/or removed from P:C data correct? If this is the system we will use then I will only download the files Tarius puts up after he takes the file others begin and finishes them. I just want to double check before I do anything with data.

Yes, the file I put up has all the stuff wolli did and then I edited some more. It also has a text file that lists textures needing to be removed.

I will try to look over everything that gets edited and then I will post the go ahead for download and inclusion; I just need to look to know whats done so I can edit the master list. This thread will be deleted after a while to keep things clutter free. Same for any other thread that gets made, after things are concluded with it.

In the case that nothing needs to change, I will just post that you can download the stuff from the original link SamirA. Just post when you have though.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 28 May 2013, 20:26

Don't delete threads Tarius, move them to the archives. I would also prefer that even in the instance where you change nothing, if you would reupload the files that way I can simply find your new file post and download without any question at all.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 28 May 2013, 21:04

Alright.

SGMonkey
P:C Admin

Postby SGMonkey » 09 Jun 2013, 16:26

Don't mean to intrude or anything. But all the meshes in the archive in Wolli's first post don't have a RootCollisonNode.

RootCollision is especially important in interiors. Interior objects need tight, simple collision.
Some seem to have animation tracks in there too.

The models look great btw!

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 09 Jun 2013, 17:43

SGMonkey wrote:Don't mean to intrude or anything. But all the meshes in the archive in Wolli's first post don't have a RootCollisonNode.

RootCollision is especially important in interiors. Interior objects need tight, simple collision.
Some seem to have animation tracks in there too.

The models look great btw!

Have you looked in the data files? I would say that on the order of maybe 10-20% of the meshes have collision or no collision, the rest do not.

SGMonkey
P:C Admin

Postby SGMonkey » 09 Jun 2013, 17:50

You mean in all the PC data files? If so then only briefly. Yeah, its a bit dire.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 09 Jun 2013, 18:31

What exactly is the effect on performance though? I am not convinced its all that great and that alpha and poly amounts have far more of an effect. I suppose that from now on it would be good to add in collision or no collision though, but I dont know how much of an effect it has.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 09 Jun 2013, 18:42

It has an affect and is one of the things that should be happening in the model overhaul Tarius. Plus it is just more professional and while we are just a group of amateurs we still want to put out a really polished product.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 09 Jun 2013, 18:43

SamirA wrote:It has an affect and is one of the things that should be happening in the model overhaul Tarius. Plus it is just more professional and while we are just a group of amateurs we still want to put out a really polished product.

Yes, I will make sure to note it down.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 04 Aug 2013, 01:25

Applied vanilla and pre-existing P:C textures to the crane, it fits in a lot better with our world, namely Anvil. There's a list of textures that can be deleted because they were only used on the cranes.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/236 ... /Cranes.7z

I re-texture the markets, now the canvas on top matches with the Colovian Hovels/Anvil overhangs. So the old textures can be deleted unless someone objects. (I know Juib wanted them replacing.) The meshes are no longer using dark wood textures from the ships, so they fit in better.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/236 ... 0stands.7z

Fixed the UV (now the writing on both sides reads left to right, unlike before. :/ ) and the UV's are less stretched on each sign.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/236 ... 20Posts.7z

Next

Return to Models & Textures