[WIP]Gold Coast Shacks

Submit meshes and textures you would like to be added to PC Data.
Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Re: [WIP]Gold Coast Shacks

Postby Wollibeebee » 15 Jan 2013, 02:36

That's amazing!

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 15 Jan 2013, 03:48

Saint_Jiub wrote:Okay, I think I overdid it with the contrast/darkness a little bit on this one, but how's this for a first draft? http://i.imgur.com/bb4g0.jpg

This here! Now that is nice. This is exactly what I wanted for a palm texture. That is perfect.

The stone still seems a tad smooth though. The verticle wood beam poking out in the middle of the roof seems kinda out of place though; the ones on the edge seem ok, the middle one seems too redundant though.

As for more palm oriented building: http://guardians.net/egypt/cyberjourney ... 2001-2.jpg

Palms grow in curved shapes so that would have to be part of the architecture. The same general shape, as the bent pyramid except maybe more vertical walls and it wouldnt have to be pyramidal shaped either.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 15 Jan 2013, 13:35

If you're going to come up with an entirely different wall-texture, could you still keep the current one as a variant? Or are we only speaking of boosting contrasts on the one I provided there?

Apparently the two hovels were not modelled according to the palm-wood idea. They were meant as general colovian houses usable beyond Gold Coast. On the other hand, if there are going to be palms around west weald and colovian highlands too, it may be a good idea to do more with palms to begin with.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 15 Jan 2013, 18:45

All of these should be usable beyond the GC, simply minus the palm texture for the roof.
Project Coordinator

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 15 Jan 2013, 22:05

SamirA wrote:All of these should be usable beyond the GC, simply minus the palm texture for the roof.

I dunno, if you want the Colovian Highlands to look like New Zealand, it'd still work there.
Last edited by Wollibeebee on 15 Jan 2013, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 15 Jan 2013, 22:24

What? I never said these wouldn't work for the GC. That was kinda the point. As for having palms in other regions, sure its possible, but the further inland you go the less likely they are to be found.
Project Coordinator

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 15 Jan 2013, 22:47

SamirA wrote:What? I never said these wouldn't work for the GC. That was kinda the point. As for having palms in other regions, sure its possible, but the further inland you go the less likely they are to be found.

I had a brain wrinkle. Now it makes sense.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 15 Jan 2013, 23:38

Okay, here's my modified roof texture. I brightened it up just a smidgen since people seemed okay with the screenshot I posted, I didn't want to alter it too much.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1kdm68e2sid9j ... 20Roof.zip

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 16 Jan 2013, 13:14

Boosted the contrasts of the wall-texture:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22362022/pics/contrasts.jpg

@Tarius: I'm going to make palm-adapted versions of those houses.

@St. Jiub: If you are up for it, it would be cool to get some texture-variants for these houses from you, as in another thatch-texture (straw) and a different wall-texture for variation.

For the palm-wood I'll be using the palm-bark on the palms we have around.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 16 Jan 2013, 18:41

I like that current version a lot Worsas.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 16 Jan 2013, 20:29

Worsas wrote:Boosted the contrasts of the wall-texture:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22362022/pics/contrasts.jpg

@Tarius: I'm going to make palm-adapted versions of those houses.

@St. Jiub: If you are up for it, it would be cool to get some texture-variants for these houses from you, as in another thatch-texture (straw) and a different wall-texture for variation.

For the palm-wood I'll be using the palm-bark on the palms we have around.

Yea, now that looks better.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 25 Jan 2013, 23:55

I do not like to stay sitting on a task for too long. So I'll upload what I've got so far. There are only 4 houses but a lot of furn-stuff I have made to complement the rest.

You may have a look at some screenshots of a little test-island I have made to place the houses around. I'm sure some models are still going to get added or tweaked, but have a look anyway:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0wd6nyyuyo5kip5/CQWuEv7mjP
Attachments
colovian-hut.7z
(7.46 MiB) Downloaded 64 times

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 26 Jan 2013, 00:14

Worsas wrote:I do not like to stay sitting on a task for too long. So I'll upload what I've got so far. There are only 4 houses but a lot of furn-stuff I have made to complement the rest.

You may have a look at some screenshots of a little test-island I have made to place the houses around. I'm sure some models are still going to get added or tweaked, but have a look anyway:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0wd6nyyuyo5kip5/CQWuEv7mjP

Well I have got to say, that looks really good. I am not easily impressed and I have to say that is impressive.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 26 Jan 2013, 00:25

Nice. Like I said on the irc, this will look neat along the Gold Coast. Still wouldn't use the ones with pointy roofs further inlands, though.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 26 Jan 2013, 03:09

Post a couple of these shots to the bethsoft thread. I am sure that people will absolutely love these buildings.

Also, I may try and touch up the overhang texture a little. Its not really as pointy edged as palms would be and hasa more "blocky" feel to it.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 26 Jan 2013, 03:12

Great stuff Worsas!
Project Coordinator

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 26 Jan 2013, 03:18

Looks amazing! This has come such a long way from my little concept drawing, you've done great work.

And I love the fact that my original awning idea got used for the well :D

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 26 Jan 2013, 03:43

Who has the original pc_gc_shack_thatch texture in non-dds format. I am going to do work on it and make a pc_gc_shack_thatch_strip so the edges arnt as blocky and are sharper like palm leaves are sharp.
Or you can do that yourself if you wish.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 26 Jan 2013, 09:28

These are great Worsas, I don't know why you doubt yourself so much.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 26 Jan 2013, 10:26

Tarius wrote:Who has the original pc_gc_shack_thatch texture in non-dds format. I am going to do work on it and make a pc_gc_shack_thatch_strip so the edges arnt as blocky and are sharper like palm leaves are sharp.
Or you can do that yourself if you wish.

I never made a non-DDS version, I work in that format so I can easily check how it looks on the mesh as I go.

It's uncompressed though, if that helps.

PreviousNext

Return to Models & Textures