Fork's red-clay mesh set

Submit meshes and textures you would like to be added to PC Data.
commodorefork
P:C Modder

Fork's red-clay mesh set

Postby commodorefork » 27 Jun 2012, 02:27

Alright, guys. The whole set is done!

Here's what's included.
    Thin plate
    Deeper plate
    Bowl
    Cup
    Pitcher
    Platter
    Two pots...
That's a total of 8 meshes.

Here's a picture!
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/ ... hot056.jpg

And an archive containing everything listed is attached below.

Also, I'm not sure if this is the right sub-forum to post this. Someone please move it to the correct area. Thanks. ;)
Attachments
fork_redclay.zip
(159.35 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Fork's red-clay mesh set

Postby SamirA » 27 Jun 2012, 03:19

Should be in Misc. I'll move it, but I must say my reaction.

"Ooooh, ooooh. I like! Very nice", in those exact words. The style is wonderful.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 27 Jun 2012, 03:21

SamirA wrote:Should be in Misc. I'll move it, but I must say my reaction.

"Ooooh, ooooh. I like! Very nice", in those exact words. The style is wonderful.

You beat me to it. I was thinking misc and was going to move it, but the mod panel for this forum isnt as straight forward as I would like and I was fiddling with it.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 27 Jun 2012, 03:23

For a move you go to the parent forum of the thread, then click the box next to the thread to move and use the drop down box at the bottom to select move. Then on the next screen you unclikc the shadow topic box and use the drop down to select the forum to move it to. That is the toughest step as finding the right one can be a pain since there are so many options, but that cant really be helped.
Project Coordinator

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 27 Jun 2012, 03:44

Tarius, if everything is in order here this will be included in the next data. Please let it be known if there are any issues.

Great stuff.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 27 Jun 2012, 04:06

SamirA wrote:Tarius, if everything is in order here this will be included in the next data. Please let it be known if there are any issues.

Great stuff.

Looks fine to me save for the following:
The colors probably need a little adjusting. While I know in general what they are for, I am not an expert in the exact effects here as I have not played with them myself much.
The colors should typically go from lightest to darkest respectively: ambient, diffuse, specular.(obviously emissive is almost always black)
Glossiness: the effects of this in MW are seemingly subtle so I guess its more of a style issue here than anything else as long as the glossy isnt set much more than a ~dozen.

I guess the above is mostly style issues. Could be more rounded too, but otherwise fine.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

commodorefork
P:C Modder

Postby commodorefork » 27 Jun 2012, 05:08

There was a problem with one of the models. Here's an archive with the fixed version.
Attachments
fork_redclay.zip
(159.61 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 27 Jun 2012, 06:12

Im not sure what you mean on the color thing Tarius, though it could be a little grittier, less glossy and maybe a bit desaturated to take some of the brightness out. You can get Fork going on what all you mean with those. The models themselves are good to go though and that is what I wanted to hear. We can always play around with textures, but replacing models causes headaches so I want to minimize that (beyond the replacements we already know need to be done, but almost all of those are from reesources and not in house stuff, in house we can make right from the start).
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 27 Jun 2012, 15:55

SamirA wrote:Im not sure what you mean on the color thing Tarius, though it could be a little grittier, less glossy and maybe a bit desaturated to take some of the brightness out. You can get Fork going on what all you mean with those. The models themselves are good to go though and that is what I wanted to hear. We can always play around with textures, but replacing models causes headaches so I want to minimize that (beyond the replacements we already know need to be done, but almost all of those are from reesources and not in house stuff, in house we can make right from the start).

Look at the colors in nifskope.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 27 Jun 2012, 20:54

I could do so and it still wouldn't tell me anything. I'm not a modeller. It is your department. I only care how stuff looks and functions in game.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 27 Jun 2012, 21:28

SamirA wrote:I could do so and it still wouldn't tell me anything. I'm not a modeller. It is your department. I only care how stuff looks and functions in game.

"Insert whitty response here"

The colors are ok, its mainly because of lighting effects you would notice anything but otheriwse its fine.

Return to Models & Textures