Idea: Colovian Tombs

Submit meshes and textures you would like to be added to PC Data.
Infragris
Head of Lore

Re: Idea: Colovian Tombs

Postby Infragris » 17 Jul 2014, 16:56

That's more of a Nibenese thing, and even there it's going out of style. You don't get that kind of moth in the Colovian Highlands unless you cultivate it. Colovians should practice Nordic-inspired burials, in emulation of their Colo-Nordic upper class.
Maybe the urns could just contain gifts for the departed, jewels and such?

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 17 Jul 2014, 17:03

The urns themselves are misc items. The jars that are containers will not contain human remains anyway.

sasquatch
P:C Modder

Postby sasquatch » 17 Jul 2014, 17:24

When these few interiors were made we were struggling with which items to add to flesh it out. I'm inclined to agree with Worsas about the sitting mummies. I am surprised to hear all coffin and mummies are to be replaced with skeleton though since I thought the whole purpose of reskinning the mummies was for these colovian tombs.
Last edited by sasquatch on 17 Jul 2014, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.

sasquatch
P:C Modder

Postby sasquatch » 17 Jul 2014, 18:15

I still have another tomb to complete and will work on it eventually. The finished vases and misc colovian items will obviously be added. I will go through all the other barrows to make whatever changes you decide on. Most of the items in there were intended to just be filler anyway until more unique assets were made.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 17 Jul 2014, 19:51

Infragris wrote:That's more of a Nibenese thing, and even there it's going out of style. You don't get that kind of moth in the Colovian Highlands unless you cultivate it. Colovians should practice Nordic-inspired burials, in emulation of their Colo-Nordic upper class.

Well, the barrows are the Nordic-inspired part. Silk obviously holds special significance in Nibenay, but On Silk makes moth-veneration a Cyrod thing, not strictly one region of it. Morrowind has the Templars adorning themselves with moth motifs, and we know from Dawnguard that the moths can survive in colder climes (and from Pension of the Ancestor Moths that they prefer living underground anyhow).

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 17 Jul 2014, 20:41

I am surprised to hear all coffin and mummies are to be replaced with skeleton though since I thought the whole purpose of reskinning the mummies was for these colovian tombs.

Just the mummies. The coffins can stay.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 17 Jul 2014, 21:56

Saint_Jiub wrote:Well, the barrows are the Nordic-inspired part. Silk obviously holds special significance in Nibenay, but On Silk makes moth-veneration a Cyrod thing, not strictly one region of it. Morrowind has the Templars adorning themselves with moth motifs, and we know from Dawnguard that the moths can survive in colder climes (and from Pension of the Ancestor Moths that they prefer living underground anyhow).

That's a good point, but even then I'm not actually getting moth cocoons out of On Silk. The text states that the moths make a cocoon around the dead, yes, but they make the silk out of the corpse, and do this to lay their flesh-eating larvae in there. It's not a method of preservation - the reverse, actually. The silk is then harvested, and the only thing the Imperials get out of the process is a length of cloth and a jar of bones; the body, I imagine, would not be a pretty sight.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 17 Jul 2014, 22:52

I think the moths may be one of the reasons why Colovians use sarcophags in the first place. But you might see a few exposed corpses that were wrapped in silk by the moths as they were not sufficiently covered. The occasional silk might be a special feature of tombs across Cyrodiil. Although, from a probably irrelevant logic point of view, those moths would probably be everywhere across Tamriel, if they already were everywhere across Cyrodiil.

Previous

Return to Models & Textures