New Heads

Submit meshes and textures you would like to be added to PC Data.
SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: New Heads

Postby SamirA » 28 Nov 2011, 01:06

No, I'm fine with your judgement. That is what I want in fact, you are the artist, you know best.

EDIT: Great work on the faces Helena. They fit very well with what N made. Looks like we need to find some Nibenese males though. We have zero in that category.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 28 Nov 2011, 14:13

I originally intended both my male heads to be Nibenese, but decided that they could fit equally well into either category. I'd say the same about Lady N's male heads, actually. I'll try and come up with some that are specifically Nibenese - perhaps with tattoos, if I can find any suitable photos.

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 29 Nov 2011, 15:13

Update: Tattooed heads, 2 male and 1 female. The first male face has some letters and numbers in the tattoo design, but they're barely visible in-game. I think the female face 'tattoo' is actually henna, but it was literally the only suitable photo I could find in 2 days of searching.
Attachments
tattoos.rar
(178.37 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 29 Nov 2011, 22:53

The male heads need a bit of work. If a bald hairstyle is used with them then the texture seems will show badly. The female one works. You might think about using photoshop to apply your own tattoos with. I could even design some to be placed on faces.

Also about the second male head, the eyelids need work. The closed and open eye positions look the same as the eye seems to be on the eyelid as well.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 30 Nov 2011, 00:00

Unfortunately, the way the UV is set up makes it pretty much impossible to line up designs on the back of the head with those on the front. I've attached a new file with tattoos on the faces only, though this makes the tattoo look a bit like a 'face mask'- I'll let you decide which version you like best. (I've also tweaked the female face to make the seam less obvious, and made her teeth look a bit better).

SamirA wrote:You might think about using photoshop to apply your own tattoos with. I could even design some to be placed on faces.
My Photoshop skills are not really up to designing my own tattoos, but if you could design some and pass them over to me, I'll have a go at applying them to faces.

Also about the second male head, the eyelids need work. The closed and open eye positions look the same as the eye seems to be on the eyelid as well.
The problem here is that the texture doesn't show eyelashes, so you can either have a blank eyelid (which looks weird) or have the top of the iris 'bleed' onto the eyelid. I've tweaked the UV a little to try and make it look better; move the timer to around 1.67 or 1.68 and you should see the eyes close fully.
Attachments
tattoos.rar
(178.4 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 30 Nov 2011, 01:28

These are better now. I can design some tattoos for us. This is a better method as it doesn't limit tattoo's to photos of people with them.
Project Coordinator

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 03 Dec 2011, 22:09

In continuing to view these heads, the one with the numbers wont work. It just doesn't fit Morrowind. Also if we are going to have one of the crazy full faced tats already I don't think more are needed. I would rather the rest of the tats be smaller and not take up the entire face so that they blend better with the rest of our faces. I'll come up with some designs soon and perhaps try my hand at making faces as well now that I have seen what is needed to do so.

Anyone else who wants to try their hand at making faces should do so as well, it will add to the diversity of them by bringing different styles into play. So long as they fit the basic style of Nibenay and Colovia.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 03 Dec 2011, 22:30

SamirA wrote:Also if we are going to have one of the crazy full faced tats already I don't think more are needed. I would rather the rest of the tats be smaller and not take up the entire face so that they blend better with the rest of our faces.
I agree, actually. I'm not crazy on any of the tattooed heads I've done so far. If you can come up with tattoos that could be overlaid on faces as a glow map or detail map, we could use those instead of the current heads (or maybe keep just one of them to be used for Ancestor Monk characters)?

In the meantime, I'll try and come up with some more non-tattooed faces for Nibenese males. Perhaps a few with facial piercings as well?

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 03 Dec 2011, 22:40

Piercings would come off better added to hairs, they won't come off as well as simple textures.

For tat designs we can just add them to textures in photoshop/gimp rather than try to add them as different maps.
Project Coordinator

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 03 Dec 2011, 22:41

Also, we can keep the other two heads, unless our newer designs phase them out.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 10 Dec 2011, 17:47

OK, here we go: all the new heads created by me and Lady N, including several new Nibenese male heads and a couple of female ones as well. That should be enough to be going on with for the moment. Once these are in the data file, I can start adding them to the Stirk characters and taking some screenshots (at least in the CS). Later I may try making some more heads for the other races as well.
Attachments
pc heads.rar
(848.09 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 10 Dec 2011, 18:38

I would worry much less about the other races, but a few redguard could be good. I might talk to SHotN about their nord heads and see if they could be interested in some new imperial ones. We could leave their heads as unplayable in our game and vice versa so that they only appear on NPC's the only way to use them as playable would then be to use both mods, but it would add to the heads seen of the major races through both projects.

Redguards make a large portion of Stirk and Sutch, so they could use some more variety.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 10 Dec 2011, 18:40

Yes, that's what I was thinking. There are very few Redguard heads to start with since there aren't that many of them in Morrowind.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 10 Dec 2011, 18:54

You are very right about that. More redguards would be good.
Project Coordinator

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 10 Dec 2011, 20:01

The nib female head with tattoos needs work still, that orange look needs to be toned down and it all needs to be evened out tone wise to match.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 11 Dec 2011, 00:59

Quite honestly, I'd rather just ditch that one altogether. The lighting conditions in the original photo make it incredibly difficult to get an even skin tone - and if you're going to make some blend-able tattoos, there's no real need to use poor-quality photos in the first place. Not to mention that it's not a proper tattoo anyway, and we already have more than enough Nibenese faces to use in Stirk.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 11 Dec 2011, 03:24

I'm fine with that as well, I'll just remove it and rename the one after it so that it all follows in order. I'll get some designs going tomorrow and upload them and make them solid black which could then be changed in color, or we can decide on a basic color that Nibenese tats should be. Dark Elves have black and Nords have blue, do any other vanilla races have tattoos? I think either a deep red or purple would be good for the Imperials if each race in TESIII that displays tattoos only uses one color for them as I believe is the case.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 11 Dec 2011, 13:18

The Orcs have tattoos as well - dark green for the men, greenish-yellow for the women. I like the idea of red and/or purple for the Imperials - Imperial colours :) Only problem is that one of the male Nibenese faces already has a black tattoo.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 11 Dec 2011, 14:17

The color of that tattoo can be changed.
Project Coordinator

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 11 Dec 2011, 19:11

Though it proved to be a pain and came out looking like paint instead. As we are going to have new designs anyway I would think perhaps that head will just not be included as the others weren't. We are going in a new direction with tattoos and it wouldn't fit with the new plan anyway.

I'm leaning towards red tattoos Helena, what say you? Red or Purple more appealing to you?
Project Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Models & Textures