Ayleid Dark Varla Stone

Submit meshes and textures you would like to be added to PC Data.
Tarius
Head of Modelling

Ayleid Dark Varla Stone

Postby Tarius » 28 Jun 2011, 21:11

Ok, I made this real quick, its the dark varla stone that shoots stuff at people. It is just the mesh in .nif format and thats it, no textures or anything. This is simply for anyone who wants to finish it off.

Also, here is an idea for how to disable combat music for it since we are going to have it as a stationary, invulnerable creature to solve the problem of shooting spells at the player.

Slaanesh The Corruptor
Tarius, on 27 June 2011 - 10:37 PM, said:

Or check the Project:Cyrodiil project, scripters and people to write quests and dialog are needed. As of now I think there is zero scripters and 1 main person for quest and dialog. If you know how to disable combat music for a specific hostile creature, thats something that is really needed.

That's simple. Use the streamMusic function, and stream a file with extremely low volume if you want no music, or set it to whatever you want and put that in a script attached to the creature :D It's on page 140 of MWSFD

Anything else pertaining to how to make this work can be put here as well.
Attachments
pc_artrapevilstone01.zip
Dark Varla Stone
(2.05 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

DJGamer
Mad God

Re: Ayleid Dark Varla Stone

Postby DJGamer » 28 Jun 2011, 21:18

Wouldn't that disable music entirely? Wouldn't having the "explore" music cut out be more distracting than having it play? Also, combat music would at least technically make some sense of the player is being attacked, even if they cannot attack back.

Interesting thought I just had-if we could make this into a proper creature with some simplistic animations it would be interesting to give it a "death" animation (where it "breaks"). It kinda bugged me in Oblivion that there was no way to actually combat them besides just trying desperately to evade their fire.

We could still give it a fairly high amount of HP and be difficult to destroy but actually having the option to destroy it would be pretty cool imo.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 28 Jun 2011, 22:41

If it cuts out all music then that would be odd, I would like to try this but i also agree with DJ that music would make sense with the player being attacked and all.

DJ wanna try your hand at texturing this varla stone?
Project Coordinator

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 29 Jun 2011, 04:55

SamirA wrote:If it cuts out all music then that would be odd, I would like to try this but i also agree with DJ that music would make sense with the player being attacked and all.

DJ wanna try your hand at texturing this varla stone?

Depends on if it's properly UV-mapped. NIFSkope can add textures, but as far as I'm aware it can't add UV Maps. I haven't checked or even downloaded it yet so I don't know if it is atm.

I still think that instead of going out of our way to implement some sort of invincibility script we should just make it destructible. That is, unless there's something in the lore that explicitly states that black varla stones absolutely cannot be destroyed with any amount of effort from any person, man or mer. :sheo:

DJGamer's Mod Projects

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 29 Jun 2011, 05:07

Invincibility is not the difficult thing to implement. As far as it being UV'd I don't know. I just know you did a texture pack so I figured you could texture the thing.
Project Coordinator

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 29 Jun 2011, 06:52

SamirA wrote:Invincibility is not the difficult thing to implement. As far as it being UV'd I don't know. I just know you did a texture pack so I figured you could texture the thing.

For the sake of realism, then?

On one hand, you couldn't destroy them in Oblivion.

On the other hand, why couldn't you destroy them in Oblivion? What are the made out of, unobtanium?!

Actually, it'd be interesting if the player could use probes to disable them-although I'm 99.9% certain that wouldn't be possible without either some fancy scripting or something that modifies the game's code for how traps work.

The way it could be set up is having a part of it set up like a trapped door or chest or something and if we can detect with a script if the player's disarmed it we can script the black varla stone to "die" at that point. Another possibility would be to have some kind of hidden "box" that would disarm the varla stone if a probe is used on it.

The logic behind it would be that the Ayleids would need to have some way of enabling/disabling the traps if they needed to. Also, they would likely require a high security skill and/or a more advanced probe. Basically it would support emergent gameplay allowing the player to approach traps different ways-it shouldn't be easy but it should at least be possible-if we're able to pull it off, anyway.

It would also explain why you couldn't disable them in Oblivion-because Oblivion didn't have any probes! :sheo:

On the subject of texturing, I'm still trying to think if I have any photos that I could base the texture of. I'd probably need to either take a look at the Oblivion texture or at least a screenshot of the stone.

---------------------------

Edit: According to UESP, this is actually a Dark Welkynd Stone-though we could expand the traps to include a Varla Stone variant which I'd assume would be more powerful and difficult to disarm.

I can honestly see where the confusion comes from, though-it is shaped more like a Varla stone than a Welkynd one.

DJGamer's Mod Projects

Return to Models & Textures