What claims need to be put up? What do we need in next time?

Submit meshes and textures you would like to be added to PC Data.
Worsas
Asset Manager

What claims need to be put up? What do we need in next time?

Postby Worsas » 12 Jul 2014, 06:43

Are there any particular things that you are aware of that should be turned into modelling claims?

What jumps to my mind:

Major:
- ayleid objects
- The sewer tileset
- sutch buildings
- a legion fort retex for the colovian west
- reman era fort ruins

Smaller:
- imperial armors for specific legions
- city banners and other stuff for Anvil

Morever I suggest we look for modder resources to include in our data files for clothing and faces. There are few very elegant pieces of clothing that shouldn't look tooo off. Creating new clothing takes its time and it would help if we could fill certain holes with openly availible resources. Though, apparently, with including some of those woman dresses we would become defacto dependant on BB from now on.

Lord Berandas made a badass bullfrog some time ago that would fit well along with our river mewt, granted It will be a while before we get to the humid areas:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3eq5mcpjrg6y ... l0swfmAnfa

I am not sure, if it makes sense to have claims for all of these things yet. Anything NPCing and interiorizing - related should take precedence right now. And we are already overstretching ourselves there. But I want to get an overview of what is outstanding, so it isn't forgotten. Also, is there anything in particular, we still need for Anvil? Do we still need different dock meshes? Do we need a different interior tileset for it (I suggest, let's leave it)? Personally, I wouldn't like us to to dissipate our energies on such stuff. But maybe some of those additions are really needed, though.

Edit: I forgot to say that we should maybe also include Ald MA Cyrods nibenese garment with one of the next updates. Things that do not get added, tend to get lost over time.

sasquatch
P:C Modder

Re: What claims need to be put up? What do we need in next t

Postby sasquatch » 12 Jul 2014, 08:33

Looks right to me. Also need some unique ancestral armor pieces and .misc family relics for barrow interiors.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 13 Jul 2014, 17:17

I think Anvil stuff is mostly done, at least all the major things. I see a couple usable textures in the stuff SWG gave us, I will grab it and put it for use.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 13 Jul 2014, 18:34

Some miscellaneous things, probably not all equally important, but could be added on lower priority:
  • The Black Horse Courier: a unique mesh and texture, something like a pamphlet with a visible logo and some scribbled lines of text. A useful bit of clutter for town environments. The actual articles can always be added later.
  • "Normal" domesticated creatures: cows, bulls, sheep, goats - not as exciting as brand new monstrosities, but necessary for the farms and developed land we wish to depict. Especially bulls, as they are pretty important in Imperial mythology.
  • Imperial Highway meshes: these would probably follow the theme of the legion forts. The first Imperial highway should probably start from Anvil's gates, if we choose to implement them.
  • Barrow interior clutter and treasure: old Bronze age artifacts, maybe, Mycenean or Minoan stuff. Something like this. Maybe also some saint's relics, to emphasize Imperial religion: a bone wrapped with golden bands, a little box filled with ashes, vials with dried blood in it, decorated knuckle joints, ... The Imperial Cult is said to have about a thousand saints, so we don't even need to attribute these things.

If we are going to look at BB resources, I would suggest contacting Westly about his Fine Clothiers of Cyrodiil mod. There are some very nice pieces in there: high-class clothing, common Imperial stuff, some Redguard things (useful around Sutch), and even a set of Imperial armor (not everything is shown in the pictures, too).

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 16 Jul 2014, 16:09

These are the claims I would put up now:

PC_B_Imp_GC_?
Imperial faces and haircuts with slightly negroid traits for the western cyrodiil. We probably do not need more than 3 faces per gender.

PC_B_Imp_Nord_?
Imperial faces and haircuts for the pseudo-nordic upper class and northern Colovians. Bearded faces and nordic haircuts. No need to make very many of these.

PC_In_Sewer_?, PC_Ex_Sewer_?
A general sewer and cistern tileset. Similarities with roman underground systems. This does not need to be a particularly massive tileset and could be partly made from retextured imp-interior tiles.

PC_Furn_Anv_Banner
A banner for the City of Anvil.

PC_A_Legion_?, PC_Legion_Skirt_?
Legion armors and skirts for specific legions across cyrodiil. These should be mostly retexes of the vanilla legion armors with legion-specific motifs. Read viewtopic.php?f=265&t=1019 to learn more. You probably only need to do the plate cuirasses, the legion shields and skirts.

pc_ex_imp_?, PC_In_Imp_?
Overhaul all currently existing legion fort assets in PC_Data to use a different, more highres set of textures. They should have a more yellowish/brownish and lighter color scheme to fit better into the landscape scenery of western Cyrodiil (for the other regions we may create a new different set of textures, but they are far off). Create copies of all vanilla legion fort assets to use the new textures. This is going be a tedious, but needed job.

PC_Ex_Imp_HWay_??, PC_Tx_Imp_HWay_??
Exterior objects and ground textures for important imperial highways. They should match the imperial forts in style. Read viewtopic.php?f=272&t=1165 to learn more. This claim will be unlocked once pc_ex_imp_? has been dealt with.

PC_Ex_FRuin_?, PC_In_FRuin_?
Imperial fort ruins from earlier eras. These should resemble the fort ruins seen in TES VI. We might get some finished objects from Lestat De Lioncourt, but they should still get retextured to match our yellowish/brownish rocks.
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx30 ... shot57.jpg

PC_Ex_Sutch_?
Redguard buildings for the town of Sutch. viewtopic.php?f=147&t=601

PC_Cow_?, PC_Bull_?
Cows and Bulls for cyrodilic farms, based on the Skyrim-cow from SHOTN. (file included)

PC_Sheep_?
A sheep for cyrodilic farms

PC_Goat_?
A goat for cyrodilic farms, based on caits goats (file included)

PC_Horse_?
Cyrodillic horses, used for carriage, based on caits horses.

Can someone suggest palpable claims for Ayleid and Nedic misc/furn objects for the respective ruins and tombs?

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 16 Jul 2014, 16:31

We just need some basic furn and maybe broken versions for the Ayleid, like a bed, desk, cupboard, drawers, closet, table, chair. We also need a larger chest. After that all we really need for them are the weapons and armor. Everything left should be objects that are sturdy like stone/metal things. Maybe there could be a few disintegrating tapestries or something, but basically all cloth items should be dust by now.
Project Coordinator

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 16 Jul 2014, 16:54

For the Colovian Barrows maybe

- An ancient beaker
- An ancient bowl
- 2-3 nedic bronze weapons
- 2 little animal sculptures
- A bone wrapped with golden bands
- a little ornate box
- a vial with dried blood

Not sure how I'd imagine that knuckle to look like. These objects would already offer some choice to the decorator. Though, it looks like a massive bulk of modelling again, if you add it ontop of all the other things we still want to do.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 16 Jul 2014, 21:32

Stroti's Ayleid resources for Oblivion might be interesting as inspiration (we probably can't port them as they are based on Oblivion stuff)
- Ayleid Furniture
- Ayleid Clutter
- Ayleid Chest and Display

I don't actually like all of these things, but it's a start. For Ayleid furniture I would suggest the moddeler look into alternative furniture types (that perform the same function): having the same types of bookcases and beds as the common, Dunmer and Dwemer furniture sets makes dungeons feel a bit like a reskin. Things like low tables and benches, chairs you're supposed to kneel on. Maybe base them in more oriental or antique Roman/Grecian types of furniture, rather than vanilla types.

Other suggestions for Ayleid clutter:
- Ayleid instruments: little knives, scissors, chopsticks, not much bigger than a lockpick. Indicative of the Ayleid pastime of recreational torture, though this should be implied more than outright stated. Elegant and sumptuously decorated items. They could double as lockpicks and probes.
- Lower class pottery: very pale, greyish pottery, mostly broken, with crude patterns in darker clay on the outside that imitate the vine-like iron motifs of Ayleid decoration. One of the big mistakes Oblivion made with the Ayleid was that their ruins seemed lifeless and without purpose, not indicative of a living culture. Indicating that there was a lower class that did not have access to fine ironwork might rectify this a little.

Also, for the sewer stuff: I just saw this Imperial Grate Resource. Seems perfect.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 16 Jul 2014, 23:19

Working on concepts for the barrow/saint clutter now, I'll have those up by the end of the night.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 17 Jul 2014, 00:08

As we are going to have a small ornate chest for the ancient colovian tombs, I think we may not additionally need that little box. Ancient imperial coins would still be useful, though.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 17 Jul 2014, 00:25

Alessian coins: we could try an alternative shape, like square, or even a rectangle? With the glut of different coins (Dwarven, Ayleid, Remanite) we should try to branch out our designs.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 17 Jul 2014, 01:09

One of the ayleid coins is already rectangular. There is nothing new about a rectangular shape. It's weird enough that one of the other ayleid coins looks like a real roman coin. Now if the Alessian coin opposedly was some weird rectangular thing, that would somehow seem inverted to me.

Anyway, as you probably already noticed, the amount of unclaimed modelling claims has just been doubled. I hope we manage that pile. Also looking forward to that concept art, Jiub.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 17 Jul 2014, 15:47

We can always change that Ayleid coin to fit our style better and not be so Roman. It was done long ago when we didn't have any concrete direction yet.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 20 Jul 2014, 02:28

I gave those coins pointy ears for a reason. Cyrodiil is based on roman stuff. I used pictures of real coins. Eitherway, it wouldnt hurt if we had more. Coins with plants on them maybe.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 20 Jul 2014, 03:11

I do like the idea that the Romanesque influences of the Imperials came from the Ayleids, but it's too incongruous with our other Ayleid concepts, which are very primal.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 20 Jul 2014, 09:08

Tarius wrote:I gave those coins pointy ears for a reason. Cyrodiil is based on roman stuff. I used pictures of real coins. Eitherway, it wouldnt hurt if we had more. Coins with plants on them maybe.

The square coin and the gold coin both work for me. But the big gray coin certainly doesn't, as it shows a legionaire on the backside and the pointy ears on the head side are not really visible. (the idea that the ayleid are the origin of the roman design is taken a tad too literal on that coin, in my opinion)

There is no need for many different coins, IMO. The square and the gold one would already suffice. There are so many other things that are much more important.

Praedator
P:C Reviewer

Postby Praedator » 20 Jul 2014, 15:06

I want to do a city claim if available soon, doesn't matter much which city as long as it has its tileset and assets ready :)

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 20 Jul 2014, 17:12

Tarius wrote:I gave those coins pointy ears for a reason. Cyrodiil is based on roman stuff. I used pictures of real coins. Eitherway, it wouldnt hurt if we had more. Coins with plants on them maybe.

I know that, but as the project has evolved, it no longer truly matches with what we have designed for the Ayleid. It would be much better if we tweaked it to be a reman era coin or something.
Project Coordinator

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 09 Aug 2014, 12:02

Another thing that needs to be implemented: doomstones & runestones. The nature of these stones wasn't really fleshed out during Oblivion, so we should develop their purpose somewhere in the future. For the moment, this claim would be very simple, as the three stones in the Gold Coast (the Lord Stone, the Lady Stone, and the Jode Stone) are all of the same type: "Doomstones".

The claim would consist of upright stones, using the same texture as the surrounding rocks in the landscape, with an red, glowing runealpha texture covering it. In Oblivion, all these stones had the same runes on them, though it might be nice to a different design for Heaven Stonesand Birthsign Stones. Doomstones were supposedly made in the Merethic Era, before or during the rule of the Ayleid. As such, their design is unrelated to any other cultures we currently depict. Surrounding them are stone circles: modest clumps of rocks in the original, though we could expand these to be actual stone circles of the Stonehenge type, since we have the place for it (perhaps with a couple of Colovian barrows in the neighborhood).

There's also another type, the Runestones, which are solitary stones with a green rune pattern. These aren't immediately important, as we have no such stones in the current region. These stones are of a later date, which means we could associate their design with tilesets like the Colovian tombs or the Reman forts.

More inspiration on these stones can be found here, though it should be noted that this source is deliberately incorrect on some points.

Return to Models & Textures