Source for stuff!!!

Submit meshes and textures you would like to be added to PC Data.
Tarius
Head of Modelling

Source for stuff!!!

Postby Tarius » 06 Feb 2014, 04:40

Everyone! Go here!
http://3tdstudios.com/product_01.html
This is now a free source of models and textures all of which are at least acceptable and thye can be converted immediately for our use if someone can get to doing it.
The models are in .dae format. They are all UV mapped and they do come with collision, but I am not sure on converting that, someone can try.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Source for stuff!!!

Postby SamirA » 06 Feb 2014, 04:50

I don't know what all we can find of use here, but at the very least I am intrigued by many of the smaller plants as far as jungles go as well as what we might be able to do with the cave pieces. Some interesting tree designs as well from the gallery that we might have use for. A great resource if the items can be converted for sure.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Re: Source for stuff!!!

Postby Tarius » 07 Feb 2014, 00:33

SamirA wrote:I don't know what all we can find of use here, but at the very least I am intrigued by many of the smaller plants as far as jungles go as well as what we might be able to do with the cave pieces. Some interesting tree designs as well from the gallery that we might have use for. A great resource if the items can be converted for sure.

Well, they can be converted and its quicker than making new models. However, its not simply a matter of importing them and resaving as nif files. A couple things need to be removed and textures likely need to be reapplied although the UV mapping is still there.

And yes, my thoughts are the same on the plants. It would be nice to have alot of variety compared to how its always been.
I looked at the cave pieces some and they are really basic. We could use them, but they dont really outshine anything we already have.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Return to Models & Textures