More Rugs?

Submit meshes and textures you would like to be added to PC Data.
evercharmer
P:C Modder

More Rugs?

Postby evercharmer » 02 Feb 2014, 03:46

Whenever I load up the CS to work on an interior, I can't help but be distressed by the lack of options when it comes to rugs. I often find myself thinking, I need a rug, but not any of these rugs.

That having been said, I don't come here just to whine. I decided to see what I could do about it, and came up with some additional textures for the big rug mesh:

There's one more that's not shown here, but it's along the same lines as the others.

So, here are those textures. You guys can do whatever you want with them or not; I hope they get added in, but I'm not involved in the model/texture work here so I don't really know what goes on with that. I didn't add the meshes into the archive because about the same amount of work that goes into retexturing the original in the first place would go into altering the texture paths and such to make them work right. I can upload those if anyone wants them, though.
Attachments
rug textures.7z
has both png and dds files
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 81 times

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: More Rugs?

Postby SamirA » 02 Feb 2014, 04:03

They are generally too clean and bright, but we can fix that issue. I would say with just a little work these can find their way into data and I agree with you we needed more options there. I would even like some of the long skinny rugs you see in Skyrim, but those will require a new mesh as well.
Project Coordinator

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 02 Feb 2014, 11:30

@Samir: could you show me a picture of those Skyrim rugs? It's shouldn't be too adapt the existing rugs to a new shape.

EDIT: I really like those top two textures. They're at least as good as some of the others we have right now.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 02 Feb 2014, 12:11

They aren't really much more saturated than our current rugs. But it would be good if we didn't always have to resort to using vanilla rugs for this. So it would be great to have some less-saturated ones too.

Some new patterns would also be nice. Are these persian-style pattern associated with any tamriel culture in particular, btw?

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 02 Feb 2014, 12:42

Worsas wrote:Are these persian-style pattern associated with any tamriel culture in particular, btw?

The Khajiit are said to have a well-developed tapestry industry. Other than that, maybe Nibenese (but made for export), Redguard (a bit too obvious), or one of the weirder cultures of eastern High Rock (the Bjoulsae delta).

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 02 Feb 2014, 16:45

I just think when you use some of the more basic colors you need to mute them some or add a little grit so they don't jump out at you. We could add these in now and see if they seem out of place before making any edits, but I agree with Infragris that the top two are the best because the colors used don't stick out like that purple one in particular.
Project Coordinator

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 02 Feb 2014, 16:56

Also here is a shot of the thin rugs in Skyrim, Infragris. http://www.clubcrimsyn.com/ts3/aikea/ob ... resets.jpg
Project Coordinator

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 02 Feb 2014, 18:55

We should handle long rugs the way Oblivion did and have them as pieces that snap together, so we can make them exactly as long as they need to be (this will be important for cluttering castles, especially).

EDIT: Let's also not forget that external modder's resources do exist for this kind of thing: http://mw.modhistory.com/download-56-1239

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 02 Feb 2014, 19:18

Most of those need work, but a few could be nice additions. I'm trying to get away from resources as much as possible. We have slowly been weeding them out, but a few of these wouldn't kill us I suppose.

So like an end piece and center piece that match seamlessly and you can add as many center pieces between two end pieces as you need?
Project Coordinator

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 02 Feb 2014, 19:54

Precisely. Also, shaped pieces for stairs.

Return to Models & Textures