Trans-Niben

Discussion of Elder Scrolls lore and how it will be used in Province: Cyrodiil.
TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Trans-Niben

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 24 Feb 2012, 18:26

In Leyawiin in Oblivion there are vague rumours about Cyrodiil annexing land from Elsweyr (the Trans-Niben).

Nobody seems to know a lot about it. Should we incorporate it into P:C? As we don't know the exact date (except some time in the recent past) we could make a quest line. If we don't want to do that we could just write a few books and pieces of dialogue to expand it further.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Re: Trans-Niben

Postby Tarius » 24 Feb 2012, 19:49

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:In Leyawiin in Oblivion there are vague rumours about Cyrodiil annexing land from Elsweyr (the Trans-Niben).

Nobody seems to know a lot about it. Should we incorporate it into P:C? As we don't know the exact date (except some time in the recent past) we could make a quest line. If we don't want to do that we could just write a few books and pieces of dialogue to expand it further.

I dont think we should. If the rumors are rather vague about it happening, its likely it had not at this point in time as the further into the future the more likely people would know if it was true or not.

Hey! 600th post!
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Yeti
P:C Modder

Postby Yeti » 25 Feb 2012, 01:55

From the Third Pocket Guide to the Empire:

Elsweyr's overall territory, however, has not increased, due to a border arrangement which was not it that nation's favor. In the east, the long disputed border with the Cyrodilic County Leyawiin was recently resolved in Cyrodiil's favor, after an agreement between the current Mane and the Count of Leyawiin. But a group of Khajiit bandits known as the Renrijra Krin has taken up the cause of returning the land to Elsweyr, and the West Niben remains a trouble spot.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 25 Feb 2012, 05:39

Yeti wrote:From the Third Pocket Guide to the Empire:

Elsweyr's overall territory, however, has not increased, due to a border arrangement which was not it that nation's favor. In the east, the long disputed border with the Cyrodilic County Leyawiin was recently resolved in Cyrodiil's favor, after an agreement between the current Mane and the Count of Leyawiin. But a group of Khajiit bandits known as the Renrijra Krin has taken up the cause of returning the land to Elsweyr, and the West Niben remains a trouble spot.

This obviously isnt a rumor than.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 25 Feb 2012, 10:21

Yeah, rumours was probably the wrong choice of word.

Thanks Yeti!
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 25 Feb 2012, 19:02

When is the 3rd PGE written? Isn't it after Morrowind time? Perhaps right before, but if after then this issue would still be fresh and perhaps another border issue like we will see in Sutch.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 25 Feb 2012, 23:11

The 3rd PGE was issued in 3E 432, so just one year before Oblivion. So I imagine the issue would still be in dispute at the time of Morrowind.

Return to Lore & Literature