Books from TESV: Skyrim

Discussion of Elder Scrolls lore and how it will be used in Province: Cyrodiil.
Worsas
Asset Manager

Re: Books from TESV: Skyrim

Postby Worsas » 07 Apr 2012, 06:58

Our dwemer ruins will mostly only be found in the velothi mountains. Because our version of The Reach was already cramped with many ethinities and ruins of most different past cultures when TES V came out, it didn't really seem reasonable to slam the dwemer into it.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 07 Apr 2012, 14:09

Indeed, besides Skyrim's attitude of scattering around dwemer ruins everywhere was pretty much nonsense in the first place.
Actually, I am personally voting against Dwemer "outposts" in the Gold Coast, but if that's what you all want I'll pass. We could have ruins in western and maybe northern Cyrodiil though.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 07 Apr 2012, 16:09

I don't think the GC is the right place to have Dwemer ruins. As I said earlier, Valus Mountains and Colovian Highlands near the borders with Morrowind and Hammerfell.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 07 Apr 2012, 21:50

I would be against scattering dwemer ruin around too. I do not think that having a single one somewhere would be bad though.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Revenant
P:C Legend

Postby Revenant » 07 Apr 2012, 23:54

I'm not a fan of including any Dwemeri ruins in Cyrodiil. The only reason we have from lore for them even being in Cyrodiil is that it happened to be in the way as the Rourken were making the exodus to Volenfell. There's an urgency to get there because they see it as defining who they are as a group, they're literally on a mission so it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to slow themselves down building an underground complex, just for the sake resting, along the way.

Bordering ruins are a different thing though I suppose. The issues I have with them is that they've been done to death in Morrowind already and I'm not sure what they will be adding to the mod. If we opt for Dwemeri ruins in P:C then I'd prefer for them to be in the east only (helps get around the need for a new Rourken Dwemeri set).

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 08 Apr 2012, 01:52

As I mentioned before if SHotN does a Rourken set, then we might as well use it if we can. I'd personally like to see a slightly different take on that design.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 09 Apr 2012, 03:08

Again I dont care either way, there is a strong reason for and against using them in Cyrodiil. I do agree that if they are used it should be sparingly and not in the GC at all.
Project Coordinator

Lord Andres Indoril
P:C Reviewer

Postby Lord Andres Indoril » 09 Apr 2012, 03:13

Scamp wrote:Indeed, besides Skyrim's attitude of scattering around dwemer ruins everywhere was pretty much nonsense in the first place.

They had just the right amount of Dwemer ruins. If the game was at the same scale as Daggerfall. :P
Best wishes,
Lord Andres Indoril the Mad.

Lord Andres Indoril's Blogwoggofmoddywoddy.

Previous

Return to Lore & Literature