ESO Books

Discussion of Elder Scrolls lore and how it will be used in Province: Cyrodiil.
Infragris
Head of Lore

ESO Books

Postby Infragris » 15 Feb 2014, 20:12

The non-disclosure agreement on ESO has been lifted, so we can now freely look through their new lore books. I'm not sure if we can legally include these books (not sure if we want to for some of them), but they can at least offer some inspiration.

Interesting books I've found so far:
A Life of Strife and Struggle: chapter heading for the memoirs of Laloriaran Dynar, Last King of the Ayleids.
The Library of Dusk: Rare Books: some interesting titles here.
Daedra Worship: The Ayleids: a rather biased look at Daedra worship, and its effects on Imperial culture. Some talk about flesh-gardens and torture-art.
Persistence of Daedric Veneration: another look at Daedra Worship, from the opposite perspective. This one appeals to me more.
The Exclusionary Mandates: some Marukhati Selectives talk. Which is good, we definitely lacked Marukh stuff.
The Consecrations of Arkay: Arkay lore. Rather bland.
House Tharn of Nibenay: manuscript for a family history of the Tharns. Actually very inventive, and useful!
Vindication for the Dragon Break: more Marukhati lore. Please do.
The Gifts of Magnus: Magnus Cult worship.
The Heart of Love: Mara lore.
The Illusion of Death: even more Marukh. Not too sure about the tone of this one, though.

EDIT: found a couple more.
Aurbic Enigma 4: The Elden Tree: some talk on White-Gold Tower and the Alessian Rebellion
Masterwork of the Inducer: an actual account of Ayleid flesh-sculpture. I was happily surprised by this one: an interesting an nuanced take.

gro-dhal
P:C Modder

Re: ESO Books

Postby gro-dhal » 23 Feb 2014, 13:51

I'm no lawyer, but it ought to be okay to use these. As they're already being disseminated and shared freely in public, any mod you release including these texts will just be another means of doing the same thing. Obviously give credit where it's due and don't charge money for it!

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 23 Feb 2014, 20:14

Ooh, I like Masterwork of the Inducer a lot. As far as Illusion of Death goes, I remember there was a big hubbub on the official forums on whether concept-organ is a stupid word or not (the general concensus is that it is), aside from that I like it.

Ald_Moth
P:C Modder

Postby Ald_Moth » 05 Mar 2014, 01:26

That Masterwork of the Inducer gives me the idea that we probably should map out some literal skeletal remains of Ayleid flesh-gardens, that to the untrained eye would look like bones rearranged in silly fashions, until the player starts reading this book...

Return to Lore & Literature