Ayleid Text and Spell Scrolls

Discussion of Elder Scrolls lore and how it will be used in Province: Cyrodiil.
Infragris
Head of Lore

Ayleid Text and Spell Scrolls

Postby Infragris » 09 Feb 2014, 23:19

Part of making our Ayleid ruins more believable is cluttering them, not only with culture-appropriate cutlery, but also with various texts and magical scrolls. We are at his time not able to import a custom Ayleid font into the game, so all of these scrolls will require custom bookart images.

The purpose of this thread is to propose texts or spells which you would like to see included as Ayleid scrolls, so that we can convert them to images, as well as to nail down a distincitve Ayleid style of writing. I've made a mock-up of an Ayleid scroll here/here, but this is still very provisional, and any criticism and ideas are more than welcome.

Some resources:
- UESP's page on the Ayleid language
- Hrafnir's proposalfor an Ayleid language
- Several Ayleid inscriptions

In terms of magical effects: remember that the Ayleid were known as masters of Alteration, as some sources call them the inventors of this school of magic. Preferred spell effects would be in this school.

Also shamelessly throwing this in: I've previously proposed a system of fast travel based on Ayleid spell scrolls or Ayleid Wells, somewhat like the propylon system. these could work as a kind of (scripted) scroll.

Possible texts up until now:
- Av molag anyammis, av latta magicka (From fire, life; from light, magic) - a spell of light, or fire
- Barra agea ry sou karan (Wear lore as your armor) - possibly a bound armor scroll
- Agea haelia ne jorane emero laloria (Wisdom learned by pain is a reliable guide in dark times)
- Nou aldmeris mathmeldi admia aurane gandra sepredia av relleis ye brelyeis ye varlais (Our exiled Elven ancestors heard the welcoming gifts of peace in the streams and beech trees and stars)
- Suna ye sunnabe (Bless and blessed be) - a healing scroll?
- Va garlas agea, gravia ye goria, lattia mallari av malatu (In the caverns of lore, ugly and obscure, shines the gold of truth)
- Vabria frensca, sa belle, sa baune, amaraldane aldmeris adonai (The foaming wave, so thunderous, so mighty, heralds the lordly Elves)

Luxray
P:C Modder

Re: Ayleid Text and Spell Scrolls

Postby Luxray » 09 Feb 2014, 23:25

Some 'Command Humanoid' scrolls with Ayleid text talking about the proto-cyrods could be a nice touch. I like the texts you came up with so far.
<Shurdi3> Also who has a framed picture of food in their house? What is this, TES instagram?

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 27 Feb 2014, 14:04

I've (re)discovered the Ayleid font I was using: the "Dwemeri Engraved Western" font on this page is basically Ayleid in all but name (the author based it on Ayleid inscriptions). I strongly suggest we use it for our scrolls and inscriptions.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 27 Feb 2014, 14:09

Well, it says the Dwemeri Engraved Southern is the one based on the alphabet as found in Cyrodiil.
Project Coordinator

Return to Lore & Literature