The Boats

The Khan
P:C Modder

The Boats

Postby The Khan » 25 Apr 2013, 03:59

What's up with the boats. I mean, who do they belong to? Pirates? Traders? Pirate hunters? I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, hence this thread. One of them might as well be a ferry that you can travel with from Stirk to Anvil or the other way around. Also the Imperials stationed at Stirk need a way to fight against the pirates so they need a ship as well.
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

MoonAndStar
P:C Reviewer

Re: The Boats

Postby MoonAndStar » 25 Apr 2013, 14:22

You forget fishing boats. The Nordic boats can fit that role. The rest probably merchant ships, one of which is gracious enough to have the Player tag along with them to Anvil, Stros M'kai or whatever destinations Stirk will have. And I think I remember a quest idea for one boat to belong to some treasure hunters. Anti-pirate Imperial naval ships will probably be stationed at Anvil.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 25 Apr 2013, 17:39

There is one pirate ship stationed off the island. The rest are imperial or commercial vessels. I dont think a role has actually been chosen for each yet though, aside from the pirate ship on the opposite side of the island.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

The Khan
P:C Modder

Postby The Khan » 26 Apr 2013, 02:02

I've noticed something really weird. On the Interior Claim Map thing there are 4 boats with an Interior, but in the actually mod there are 3 boats with an Interior and 2 Nordic boats.
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 26 Apr 2013, 13:26

Yes, interesting. Thanks for pointing this out, I replaced one of the bigger ships with a boat later on while the claim map screenshot was taken with an older version of Stirk.

It doesn't matter right now though because we have no valid interior shell for those ships anyway.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 26 Apr 2013, 16:53

We've got names and NPCs for four boats. They can be put in either Stirk or Anvil, depending on whether there is room or not. The four ships are:
Seawyrm
Snarleyohwl
Blessed of Stendarr
Magnificent

At least one additional ship is needed for the treasure hunt quest Wolli came up with.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 26 Apr 2013, 19:18

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:We've got names and NPCs for four boats. They can be put in either Stirk or Anvil, depending on whether there is room or not. The four ships are:
Seawyrm
Snarleyohwl
Blessed of Stendarr
Magnificent

At least one additional ship is needed for the treasure hunt quest Wolli came up with.

Ah yes, thats right. Yea, a background was chosen for each, but beyond that, they mostly dont have any quests or anything associated.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 26 Apr 2013, 20:18

You called a ship "The Magnificent"?

.... I am not a native speaker, but that sounds real awkward tbh.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 26 Apr 2013, 20:40

It's a tribute to the TR Stirk mod, where the transport to the island was on a ship called the Magnificent. I think it's supposed to be ironic. Anyway, it's not that awkward, there have been four Royal Navy ships called HMS Magnificent
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 26 Apr 2013, 20:43

The Magnificent is not awkward for a ship name.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 26 Apr 2013, 21:03

Ok.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 26 Apr 2013, 22:19

"Snarleyohwl"
Snarly Owl?