Postby Leon » 30 Jun 2012, 09:50

MUSIC :pissed:

Otherwise nice trailer indeed
León van der Stadt, composer

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Stirk Trailer

Postby SamirA » 30 Jun 2012, 11:14

I had no idea Kalian was making this Leon or I would have gotten some of your stuff on it.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 30 Jun 2012, 12:07

It's nice, but... I wish the guy had asked permission first (or at least avoided calling it a 'trailer', which gives the impression that it's something official). Shouldn't we be the ones making trailers? If he'd held off until we were closer to release, we could have included some of Leon's music, and avoided having Stirk come across as a ghost town (which it kind of does at the moment). I think maybe we should have a policy on this.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 30 Jun 2012, 12:17

People make videos of TR all the time. It's kinda hard to regulate something like this. Would I have liked to know about it? Sure. Can we really do anything about it? No. In the end it just saves us the time of having to create something ourselves. I can talk to Kalian about maybe colabing for later videos to make them more official though.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 30 Jun 2012, 14:13

I would record some stuff myself if editing wasn't such a time-consuming hassle. (Though I will be recording some of my exteriors with fraps in the future, I promise)
Other than that, I really liked the trailer. Would've preferred if he had used only Oblivion tracks though, the second one seemed a bit off.

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 30 Jun 2012, 16:46

SamirA wrote:People make videos of TR all the time. It's kinda hard to regulate something like this. Would I have liked to know about it? Sure. Can we really do anything about it? No. In the end it just saves us the time of having to create something ourselves. I can talk to Kalian about maybe colabing for later videos to make them more official though.

It's not the video itself that I have a problem with, just the fact that he calls it a 'trailer' (and then includes all those links at the end, furthering the impression that it's something official). I'd be quite happy for him to make trailers for us if he'd be willing to collab like you said, or just to make random videos without describing them as trailers.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 30 Jun 2012, 19:17

Yeah, like I said, short of rubbing someone the wrong way there is not a whole lot that can be done about what other people do. Not to mention Kalian is Russian and they dont play by other peoples rules in that community and possibly in general. This is a minor thing compared to what others in that morrowind community have done to people's mods.

Like I said, I'll see if he might be interested in working with us a bit more for future stuff.
Project Coordinator

Return to Stirk