Stirk - Where we stand, and where we need to go.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Stirk - Where we stand, and where we need to go.

Postby SamirA » 17 Oct 2011, 04:46

I concur, we could easily go with that route as well. I'm all for it. Though there are still other underground cities that don't fall into any of the above mentioned categories haha. Anyway, I see what you are saying and I agree. We need to settle on why Ayleid cities are underground. I'd like to hear N's input on this issue.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 17 Oct 2011, 12:44

It's clear that at least some parts of the Ayleid cities were above ground, since you can see their remains in OB. I guess those buildings were gradually worn away over time, while the underground parts are the only bits that really survived.

I can think of various reasons why buildings might be constructed underground. Defence is one; conserving space is another. From descriptions of the Altmer in the in-game books, I get the idea that their culture is geared towards living in harmony with nature; perhaps the Ayleids didn't want to clear large areas of forest/jungle in order to build their cities. It would certainly make an interesting contrast with the humans of Cyrodiil.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 17 Oct 2011, 22:01

Yes, that is a good way of looking at it Helena. I'm leaning towards it. We don't really have to have it said much anyway. Just in some Imperial Archaeological Society chatter and maybe an in game book or so.
Project Coordinator

Previous

Return to Stirk