Stirk Screenshots 2.0

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Stirk Screenshots 2.0

Postby Scamp » 22 Jul 2011, 02:43

I felt like the other thread in the architecture section was mainly ZackG's thread and I did not want to "smudge" it with my screens. It had too many pages already anyway, and was mainly for showcasing the city, whereas this thread will also contain screenshots of the main island.

Let's get it started!

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Stirk Screenshots 2.0

Postby SamirA » 22 Jul 2011, 06:14

Can't wait for more!
Project Coordinator

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 22 Jul 2011, 07:34

nice, though the lotus needs lowering imo,

and some more landscape shots Please?! I wanna see the island, not single trees and buildings :P landscapes are the best parts.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 22 Jul 2011, 09:12

I like what I see.

Can I just get this straight? ZackG made Stirk (or part of Stirk) but all that's been lost so now Stirk will be completely made by Scamp. Is that correct?
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 22 Jul 2011, 11:17

wollibeebee wrote:nice, though the lotus needs lowering imo,

and some more landscape shots Please?! I wanna see the island, not single trees and buildings :P landscapes are the best parts.

KK will do. Also, no chance for landscape shots if no actual landscape has been done yet :P

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:I like what I see.

Can I just get this straight? ZackG made Stirk (or part of Stirk) but all that's been lost so now Stirk will be completely made by Scamp. Is that correct?

It's a sad, but true story. I would have preferred him making Stirk, really. But we are doing it this way now, I make Stirk. ZackG will still be contributing in other ways, maybe he would still like to make a couple of exteriors for us too.

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 22 Jul 2011, 15:20

I'm still hoping for a little more of the Belgian-style architecture, if only for a few special buildings.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

ZackG
P:C Legend

Postby ZackG » 22 Jul 2011, 16:39

You have to understand DJ, Belgian is not Ayleid+Hammerfellian+Cyrodiilic.
I understand thats where your ancestry lies but just because Im german irish doesnt mean we build something with more influence of that in there. It has to be accurate to lore, not accurate to us.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 22 Jul 2011, 17:17

What was lost with ZackG's computer is simply lost. Not to mention the lighthouse had the most belgian influence of anything else in Stirk. Stirk's architecture is complete minus some small bit here and there that may be needed by Scamp. This architecture also is what Anvil is comprised of, though each are textured very differently. What would be nice is if someone could come up with an interior tileset for our Anvil/Stirk architecture that is similar to the vanilla com set, but has unique differences.
Project Coordinator

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 22 Jul 2011, 17:24

Better yet, it would be nice if someone could come up with unique additions for the com set that are only to be found in certain cities. Little additional pieces of molding or ornamentation that sets the cities apart, but still will tie everything together within the Colovian lands. I think this is an easy and quick solution to the interiors of our cities. It adds minimal impact to the CS while giving a unique feel to each major city and could be done by a modeler in a fairly short amount of time. I will try to come up with some examples of things that could be done to make the interiors of Stirk and Anvil unique.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 22 Jul 2011, 22:46

Just wanted to say these are gorgeous. Are we going to give an in-game explanation for the lighthouse being a different architectural style?

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 25 Jul 2011, 02:09

SamirA wrote:Can't wait for more!

There you go.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Please keep in mind: These are WIP screens. Thus, there is no PC logo on them and neither am I posting them in our gallery, nor on the BGSF. When Stirk is done, I will take final screenshots showing the whole finished thing.

Also, obviously I haven't worked on the docks area a lot yet.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 25 Jul 2011, 04:21

I love it Scamp. Looking very tropical. I imagine it's a bit difficult to do docks without proper meshes currently.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 25 Jul 2011, 11:42

That is correct. I was hoping that perhaps I could use a new stair mesh for this purpose as well as the new dock models coming up soon.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 25 Jul 2011, 14:33

I love them all. The only thing that indeed irritates me is my own grass in it.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 25 Jul 2011, 19:49

Not bad.
Just a couple opinions.
First, I think the docks look far too crowded. Imagine having to maneuver a boat into an area that small.
Second, I hope the textures I made for my buildings arnt going to waste. Otherwise I am ok with those textures but think the brownish looking one could be lighter than that.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 25 Jul 2011, 20:04

Your textures are the Anvil ones Tarius. We already had Stirk looking one way and had textures for it so we dicided to make your models match that ones we had. Anvil is all yours. Your textures will not be wasted but Stirk and Anvil should look different even though they use the same architecture mostly.

The docks are using models that are being changed drastically so that is extreme WIP.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 31 Jul 2011, 17:13

Just playing with the stuff. Here's a few screens.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 31 Jul 2011, 19:46

Wow that is looking really good. Minus the retina searing bloom haha, man those are some bright screens! But seriously the doorframes and windows look great and the choice of lantern holders is perfect. This is looking really nice, and I really like that night shot.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 31 Jul 2011, 21:32

Those buildings look pretty good in-game. The gate adds a nice touch of Hammerfell as well. My only quibble is that perhaps the texture should look a bit more like the surrounding stonework.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 31 Jul 2011, 21:34

Sorry for brightness! Haha, I thought you'd complain about it. I took some moar sunrise and night screens, however my night sky is so messed up you know, so I need to find places where I can hide the seams in it. meh

Edit: Just seen Helena's post (yay for the cool forum function) Yeah, the buildings are nice. I am fine with the gate though, don't know.

Anyway, moar

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Next

Return to Stirk