Objects for Stirk's Caves

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Objects for Stirk's Caves

Postby SamirA » 02 Mar 2011, 23:45

Ok so we have decided on possibly a natural grotto and a goblin cave for our two new caves on Stirk. Now we need some things to fill the cave with.

The point of this thread is to pick which models are needed to create these caves. They can be generic (rotten chest) to specific for the caves use (example, our goblin cave has some special hidden weapon). From this thread we will create a list to be sent to our modeling department so our modeling team can focus on these.

This list should include anything you might find useful when building a cave on Stirk with the exception of tiles and rocks..we should have an abundance of those already. This includes plants.

First and foremost I think that we already have Cairn Boletes and Wisp Stalks, but if not these are fairly commonplace cave plants for Cyrodiil and should be available for every cave we create.

Aside from these we have several unique plant concepts for Stirk that could easily be used as cave plants rather than outside plants so if we want more plants aside from the already available cave grasses and our new Mushroom models we can craft some from those concepts. In particular the grotto could feature some of the "socotra" plants Tarius is currently working on. In addition to these though I would really like to see some new root meshes created. There are some nice thick ones in vanilla that will serve in places but I want to see a mass of smaller roots like can be seen in these two images if you look closely enough.

Crates/Barrels/Sacks filled with relevant Cyrodiil items would be good (example, cairn bolete caps, crab meat, dreugh wax, and other ingredients found in Cyrodiil). These can simply be vanilla models with new leveled lists inserted into them unless ZackG wishes otherwise, in which case a retexture would be best as we don't want to change the entire feel of the objects that the Empire used in Morrowind as we are now in their province and should see even more of this style object. New ingredients will be needed though so either reused vanilla models or new meshes will need to be created for these ingredients. Also some rotting or destroyed crates and barrels would be a good touch. We might even want to see a Hammerfellian styled urn used in the goblin caves as the inhabitants will surely have been salvaging items off of sunken ships that wash up around Stirk, many of which come straight from Rihad in Hammerfell.

For the Goblin cave specifically some straw bed/nest type meshes (which can be used as activators and serve as beds for the player as well as the goblins) would be good to see as well as some very crude metal pots and ladles and goblin camp site items like fire-pits and those little rickety wooden pens you see in goblin caves from Oblivion (made in a modular style rather than on solid mesh). These meshes will be able to be used all over Cyrodiil in various goblin caves, but can get their first showing here.

I would also really like to see a light beam created, like light coming in through cracks in the caves. I have seen this done in some of Melchior Dahrk's Lyithdonea screens so I know it is possible and would add a cool element to the grotto in particular.

If I left anything out that anyone can think of please list it here.

SamirA Edit: Already though of something. Goblin fortifications would be nice for the goblin cave and again will be able to be used all over Cyrodiil in caves and maybe in a few exterior goblin settlements where they think they are hidden.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Re: Objects for Stirk's Caves

Postby Tarius » 03 Mar 2011, 00:14

For the Goblin cave specifically some straw bed/nest type meshes (which can be used as activators and serve as beds for the player as well as the goblins)

In regards to this, there sould be a chance the player can pick up a disease from sleeping in one, after all, its a goblin bed and goblins are not very sanitary.(imagine, surprise!!! haha)
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 03 Mar 2011, 02:58

That would be an awesome thing to script if possible, nice idea Tarius.
Project Coordinator

ZackG
P:C Legend

Postby ZackG » 07 Mar 2011, 05:45

As far as the crates/barrels/any other containers go-we will use the vanilla ones with new gold coast leveled lists (currently unprepared). I will be retexturing it closer to the release date but that wont interfere in the least with what our interior builders will be building.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 07 Mar 2011, 05:51

Ok, that is good to hear. I'm glad we are going with vanilla meshes. The only containers I think we could use new ones of would be the small chests as they both seem very dunmer in design and don't fit well in Cyrodiil. I'm ready to see some leveled lists with nice new ingredients and things :)
Project Coordinator

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 26 Jul 2011, 18:11

Ok, so I am revisiting this thread. What we need out of here now are the goblin fortifications and items. These still need to be made and are of a decent priority. These items will feature throughout Cyrodiil in caves and maybe even a few above ground goblin settlements hidden in the jungle.
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 26 Jul 2011, 21:24

Also various items that would be transported on ships to Stirk.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 26 Jul 2011, 23:31

That doesn't have anything to do with Stirk's caves though, TDF ;)

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 27 Jul 2011, 08:35

They do if the goblins are scavenging items from shipwrecks (which they probably would do given half a chance). :teach:
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 27 Jul 2011, 08:48

he's got a point! that's also a good quest idea.. killing of goblins and all that.

so...

bone cuttlery?
skull goblets and cups\mugs?
leather armor, tents, beds, i've seen plates and dishes made of leather.
obviously goblins would steal lots of stuff (candles, crates etc), but what else would they WANT to steel? (why did the OB goblins steal so much crap../ )

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 27 Jul 2011, 09:05

Good suggestions Wolli.
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 27 Jul 2011, 09:42

Things Goblins would want to steal

* food (anything tastier than roast rat)

* weapons & armour (because they can't make their own)

* shiny things (like gold and jewels)

* magic stuff for shamans (staffs and that)
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 27 Jul 2011, 10:09

Goblin items needed:

Thin wooden fort style pallisades
Thick wood pallisades
Bone cuttlery and other dishware
Remake of the goblin fence from Oblivion
bone or crude metal fire bowls and smaller hangin fire bowls
scalps with nails for hanging on things for decoration
hanging bundles of skulls
perhaps a couple small crude wooden huts or lean-to's

This should allow for the goblins across Cyrodiil to provide a more interesting enemy for adventurers.
Project Coordinator

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 27 Jul 2011, 10:18

about weapons and armor TDW, didn't they have some bone and leather things in TB? so we could say they would steal it... but they also have their own?
also, i'm not sure most armor would even fit them,.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 27 Jul 2011, 10:59

wollibeebee wrote:also, i'm not sure most armor would even fit them,.

Miserable, horrid creatures. They're vile and viscious. They vary in size from smaller than a Bosmer to larger than a Nord. Some are mindless animals; others have learned the ways of magic. You'll often see them with trained Durzogs, another filthy creature.

That's a quote from Tribunal. So some man/mer armour fits some goblins, depending on their size.

wollibeebee wrote:didn't they have some bone and leather things in TB? so we could say they would steal it... but they also have their own?

Tribunal goblins have goblin swords, goblin clubs and goblin bucklers. However, Oblivion goblins have any quality up to Dwarven (but that's probably just Oblivion's leveling system making baddies have unnaturally good equipment).

I'd say that most foot soldiers have goblin equipment but some more powerful goblins have better stolen equipment (although looking at the stats, Tribunal goblin weapons are quite powerful already).

Another point, do Durzogs exist in Cyrodiil, or are they Morrowind creatures? I don't think they do because they don't look as if they belong in Cyrodiil and didn't appear in Oblivion.
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 27 Jul 2011, 11:45

just because they're the same size doesn't mean it'll fit, i wagon horse (can't remember the right name.. even though my favourite horse beth!! (!! cause she wins) is one), and a small rhino are the same size, but they couldn't wear the same saddle, bone structure and muscle sizes would make it near impossible.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 27 Jul 2011, 11:47

We totally need moar variations of bones on spears or something.

Also, TDF, I wouldn't vote for having Durzogs in Cyrodiil. They have always seemed like a creature you would nly find in Morrowind, which the goblins make use of.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 27 Jul 2011, 11:49

Scamp wrote:We totally need moar variations of bones on spears or something.

Also, TDF, I wouldn't vote for having Durzogs in Cyrodiil. They have always seemed like a creature you would nly find in Morrowind, which the goblins make use of.

1. huh?

2. yeah, agreed.

Osidian
P:C Modder

Postby Osidian » 28 Jul 2011, 17:46

Not really an object, but I think we need a Goblin Shaman creature. Maybe based on the generic goblin from Tribunal.

edit:
I found this unarmored goblin resource and this goblin shaman (I don't really like it though)
I am no salmon – Dagon

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 28 Jul 2011, 18:16

Hmm, I agree we need a shaman, but the one you linked there is just awful, I shall say.

Next

Return to Stirk