What Makes Stirk Go Round?

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

What Makes Stirk Go Round?

Postby SamirA » 06 Feb 2011, 05:41

Ok, so we are moving along on Stirk at a fantastic pace as of late. Design implements are being created and the site is seeing great activity from all members. But there is one area of Stirk's creation that needs some serious work, the story.

We are getting there, slowly, with our character creation threads. Character design is a key element into the creation of a believable world, but we need more. We have the beginnings of what makes Stirk's economy tick, but we need to flesh it out a bit more. How do Victus Pilious and Anik connect? Do they at all? Is Victus' rental property such a priority that he manages things with an iron fist, or is he a bit more merciful to those who struggle to bring the rent in due to the volatile nature of the fishing industry? These are all things we need to think about as we move forward in the creation of Stirk. We know that the orange-back slaughterfish is the life-blood of many of the poorer people who reside on Stirk, but what else is there? What crops are grown around the city? What items are crafted within the walls of our fair city? What other opportunities can be found one this isle? We had some discussion early on about a mining operation. This could be another great source of income for some of the better off residents of Stirk, but it needs to be decided whether we are going to go this route or not. Going back to the isle itself what creatures can be found on the shores of the isle? Are there any creatures unique to Stirk other than the orange-back slaughterfish that can be found in the waters around the isle? I think at least one other unique creature is in order. The slaughterfish and this other creature also need to be created, the slaughterfish can be a simple re-texture of the original found all over Morrowind, but the other will need to be created once discussion has been had over what it is and some concepts of the creature have been created.

These among several other things are things we need to seriously begin discussing as we move on with our project. Remember we are not simply creating an empty landmass, but a living, breathing world full of quests and believable characters. I want to see some discussion on the direction we will be taking begin here and then move on to more specific threads so that we can tackle all of these issues as we move forward. I can't wait to hear what ideas we get here!
Project Coordinator

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Re: What Makes Stirk Go Round?

Postby Rattfink333 » 30 Jul 2012, 03:18

Here is an idea for a proper tavern. We have several inns. but no tavern. Its called 'The Irons' From the nautical term trapped in irons which is when a ship loses way changing tack across the wind and ends up pointing straight into the wind. It used to be called something merrier before. But pilious posts guards around the bar since it is a sailors bar. And he wants to keep them from being too rowdy. In a twist it is run by a local who pretends to be a former sea captain. But gets seasick in a rowboat.
Paladin of Vaermina

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 30 Jul 2012, 04:51

other ideas for characters. portmaster, sailmaker, cargo insurer(affiliated with EEC maybe?)
edit, and some longshoremen maybe
Paladin of Vaermina

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 30 Jul 2012, 13:41

instead of mining, there could be a cave that could have tar pits. And the locals harvest it up for ship sealing. By the numbers i guess there is an unassigned cave.
Paladin of Vaermina

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 30 Jul 2012, 13:47

Some good ideas there Rattfink. Since you seem to be coming up with a lot of character concepts, I should mention that we need more lower- and upper-class characters to fill the houses (the middle-class area is already quite full), so it would be good if you could concentrate on those.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 30 Jul 2012, 16:23

I always assumed that the Old Seawater Inn (number 25 on the map) was actually a tavern for fishermen and sailors rather than an inn where travellers stayed. Perhaps it should be renamed to Rattfink's The Irons?
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 30 Jul 2012, 19:21

Actually, the way Stirk is strikes me as an extinct volcano. Yea, I could see tar pits, but I think some sort of other mine would be acceptable.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 31 Jul 2012, 00:55

Helena. I am going on to the warehouse after the chapel. I kinda figure there should be about 4 longshoremen, all imperial locals. Set between that interior and the docks. For moving goods. They would be all poor class. Do you wanna go ahead and nail them down in characters? that would give few more for interiors
Paladin of Vaermina

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 31 Jul 2012, 02:22

Do all the ships have names yet?
Paladin of Vaermina

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 31 Jul 2012, 02:55

No, they dont. Not sure they will be interior either just yet. Something needs to change about them. The "set" for them is terrible and the exterior models need work too, you cant get off of them without jumping over a rail.
Project Coordinator

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 31 Jul 2012, 14:51

Pearl divers? If not for stirk. we could flag this for somewhere.
Paladin of Vaermina

Return to Stirk