Release Area : Stirk

Worsas
Asset Manager

Re: Release Area : Stirk

Postby Worsas » 01 Aug 2014, 20:23

Praedator wrote:ahem I am filling Anvil docks with loads of containers of each category...

The container categories that will be affected will be ones with clothing, ceramic, general possession, smuggler, bandit and maybe a few more. Now that I'm skimming through the list again it may be less than I thought, though.

Please make sure not to use any of the Tr-containers. When you add an outside trader make sure to create a custom container for him.

Praedator
P:C Reviewer

Postby Praedator » 01 Aug 2014, 20:34

I will stop working on the ext of Anvil then, well stop cluttering docks, because I use nearly all of them..

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 01 Aug 2014, 20:39

Please believe me when I say, I'm no less annoyed than you, especially after having filled half of them and spending a lot of time on those redundant trader containers... but the containers the way they are, just don't work.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 01 Aug 2014, 20:59

Sounds like a solid plan. Like many of our items, once the overhaul is complete it will lay the foundation on how to do things moving forward. We have had a lot of little minor things that needed to be done, but as we have slowly churned those fixes out we are getting to a place where we almost have a system for everything and we just need to make sure these things are followed.
Project Coordinator

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 02 Aug 2014, 00:51

based on these assumptions, I see the need for different categories used for many of our containers:

There is a regional variety of garment.
There is a regional variety of misc objects of use
The frequency of ingredients should differ across the province
the frequency of certain foods should differ across the province
There are several legions with different armor pieces
There are several knight orders with different armor pieces
The range of goods a trader offers is best decided individually each time a shop is created

---------------------

containers to be replaced:

PC_Barrel_01_Bandit_01
PC_Barrel_01_Bandit_02
PC_Barrel_01_Bandit_03
PC_Barrel_01_Misc_01
PC_Barrel_01_Misc_02
PC_Barrel_01_Misc_03
PC_Barrel_01_Ingred
PC_Barrel_01_Ranfood

PC_Barrel_02_Bandit_01
PC_Barrel_02_Bandit_02
PC_Barrel_02_Bandit_03
PC_Barrel_02_Misc_01
PC_Barrel_02_Misc_02
PC_Barrel_02_Misc_03
PC_Barrel_02_Ingred
PC_Barrel_02_Ranfood

PC_Chest_01_A_Legion
PC_Chest_01_Bandit_01
PC_Chest_01_Bandit_02
PC_Chest_01_Bandit_03
PC_Chest_01_Clothing_p
PC_Chest_01_Misc_01
PC_Chest_01_Misc_02
PC_Chest_01_Misc_03

PC_Chest_02_Bandit_01
PC_Chest_02_Bandit_02
PC_Chest_02_Bandit_03
PC_Chest_02_Clothing_p

PC_Chest_03_A_Knight
PC_Chest_03_A_Legion
PC_Chest_03_Clothing_xp

All PC_Chest_Tr_XXX

All PC_Closet_01_XXX

All PC_Closet_02_XXX

PC_com_basket_Ingred
PC_Com_Basket_Misc_01
PC_Com_Basket_Misc_02
PC_Com_Basket_RanFood

PC_Com_Desk_01_ingred
PC_Com_Desk_01_misc

PC_Com_P_Drawer_01_fclo
PC_Com_P_Drawer_01_mclo
PC_Com_P_Drawer_01_Misc

PC_Com_P_STable_01_misc

PC_Com_r_drawers_n_clot
PC_Com_r_drawers_n_pos

PC_Com_r_drawers_s_cloth
PC_Com_r_drawers_s_pos

PC_Com_r_footlocker_cloth
PC_Com_r_footlocker_pos

PC_Com_Sack_01_Ingred
PC_Com_Sack_01_RanFood

PC_Com_Sack_02_Bandit
PC_Com_Sack_02_Ingred

PC_Com_Sack_02_Misc_01
PC_Com_Sack_02_Misc_02
PC_Com_Sack_02_Misc_03
PC_Com_Sack_02_RanFood

PC_Crate_01_A_Legion
PC_Crate_01_Bandit_01
PC_Crate_01_Bandit_02
PC_Crate_01_Bandit_03
PC_Crate_01_Ingred
PC_Crate_01_Misc_01
PC_Crate_01_Misc_02
PC_Crate_01_Misc_03
PC_Crate_01_RanFood

PC_Crate_02_A_Legion
PC_Crate_02_Bandit_01
PC_Crate_02_Bandit_02
PC_Crate_02_Bandit_03
PC_Crate_02_Ingred
PC_Crate_02_Misc_01
PC_Crate_02_Misc_02
PC_Crate_02_Misc_03
PC_Crate_02_RanFood

PC_Crate_03_A_Legion
PC_Crate_03_Bandit_01
PC_Crate_03_Bandit_02
PC_Crate_03_Bandit_03
PC_Crate_03_Misc_01
PC_Crate_03_Misc_02
PC_Crate_03_Misc_03
PC_Crate_03_RanFood

PC_Crate_04_Bandit_01
PC_Crate_04_Bandit_02
PC_Crate_04_Cloth_Cheap
PC_Crate_04_Cloth_Exp
PC_Crate_04_Ingred
PC_Crate_04_Misc_01
PC_Crate_04_Misc_02
PC_Crate_04_RanFood

PC_Crate_05_Bandit_01
PC_Crate_05_Bandit_02
PC_Crate_05_Cloth_Cheap
PC_Crate_05_Cloth_Exp
PC_Crate_05_Ingred
PC_Crate_05_Misc_01
PC_Crate_05_Misc_02
PC_Crate_05_RanFood

----------------------------

needless containers, because they exist as duplicates without a function of their own:
PC_Cont_Chest_Small_01
PC_Cont_Chest_Small_02
PC_Cont_Crate_01
PC_Cont_Crate_02
PC_Cont_Crate_03
PC_Cont_Crate_04
PC_Cont_Crate_05
PC_Chest_Small_01_Gems1
PC_Chest_Small_01_Gold1

----------------------------

With my next post that is going to follow tomorrow or the day after that, I'm going to propose new containers. They will probably mostly be the same containers but given the GC-abbreviation so they are adapted for Stirk and Anvil. Accordingly we'll be creating further locally adapted containers for any region that is to follow. I hope that makes sense.

Edit: I should maybe mention that these are going to be replaced by a smaller amount of containers. There probably only need to be 1-2 variants of bandit, or misc-containers if they are only found this way in one part of the mod, for example.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 02 Aug 2014, 01:35

Yes, we don't need to over do it with a billion containers. The regional variation should help keep things diverse enough across the mod without needing a million containers per type.
Project Coordinator

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 02 Aug 2014, 10:58

These are the new containers I would be going to add now. They aren't very few either.

In theory the IDs can have up to 32 letters (perhaps it was just 31 letters, though). I usually add the letters I cannot add in the CS in the enchanted editor afterwards. I have to try that out again to figure out where the absolute limit is.

------------------------------

PC_Barrel_01_Bandit_GC_01
PC_Barrel_01_Bandit_GC_02
PC_Barrel_01_Misc_GC_01
PC_Barrel_01_Misc_GC_02
PC_Barrel_01_Ingred_GC
PC_Barrel_01_Ranfood_GC

PC_Barrel_02_Bandit_GC_01
PC_Barrel_02_Bandit_GC_02
PC_Barrel_02_Misc_GC_01
PC_Barrel_02_Misc_GC_02
PC_Barrel_02_Ingred_GC
PC_Barrel_02_Ranfood_GC

PC_Chest_01_Bandit_GC
PC_Chest_01_Clothing_cm_GC
PC_Chest_01_Misc_GC

PC_Chest_02_Bandit_GC
PC_Chest_02_Clothing_p_GC

PC_Chest_03_A_Legion_First
PC_Chest_03_Clothing_xp_GC

PC_Closet_01_FemCloth_GC_cm
PC_Closet_01_FemCloth_GC_xp
PC_Closet_01_FemCloth_GC_xv
PC_Closet_01_MaleCloth_GC_cm
PC_Closet_01_MaleCloth_GC_xp
PC_Closet_01_MaleCloth_GC_xv

PC_Closet_02_FemCloth_GC_cm
PC_Closet_02_FemCloth_GC_xp
PC_Closet_02_FemCloth_GC_xv
PC_Closet_02_MaleCloth_GC_cm
PC_Closet_02_MaleCloth_GC_xp
PC_Closet_02_MaleCloth_GC_xv

PC_com_basket_Ingred_GC
PC_Com_Basket_Misc_GC
PC_Com_Basket_RanFood_GC

PC_Com_Desk_01_Ingred_GC
PC_Com_Desk_01_Misc_GC

PC_Com_P_Drawers_01_fcloth_GC_cm
PC_Com_P_Drawers_01_mcloth_GC_cm
PC_Com_P_Drawers_01_Misc_GC

PC_Com_P_STable_misc_GC

PC_Com_r_Drawers_n_fcloth_GC_xp
PC_Com_r_Drawers_n_mcloth_GC_xp
PC_Com_r_drawers_n_pos_GC

PC_Com_r_Drawers_s_fcloth_GC_xp
PC_Com_r_Drawers_s_mcloth_GC_xp
PC_Com_r_drawers_s_pos_GC

PC_Com_r_footlocker_fcloth_GC_xp
PC_Com_r_footlocker_mcloth_GC_xp
PC_Com_r_footlocker_pos_GC

PC_Com_Sack_01_Ingred_GC
PC_Com_Sack_01_RanFood_GC

PC_Com_Sack_02_Bandit_GC
PC_Com_Sack_02_Ingred_GC

PC_Com_Sack_02_Misc_GC
PC_Com_Sack_02_RanFood_GC

PC_Crate_01_A_Legion_First
PC_Crate_01_Bandit_GC_01
PC_Crate_01_Bandit_GC_02
PC_Crate_01_Ingred_GC
PC_Crate_01_Misc_GC_01
PC_Crate_01_Misc_GC_02
PC_Crate_01_RanFood_GC

PC_Crate_02_A_Legion_First
PC_Crate_02_Bandit_GC_01
PC_Crate_02_Bandit_GC_02
PC_Crate_02_Ingred_GC
PC_Crate_02_Misc_GC_01
PC_Crate_02_Misc_GC_02
PC_Crate_02_RanFood_GC

PC_Crate_03_A_Legion_First
PC_Crate_03_Bandit_GC_01
PC_Crate_03_Bandit_GC_02
PC_Crate_03_Ingred_GC
PC_Crate_03_Misc_GC_01
PC_Crate_03_Misc_GC_02
PC_Crate_03_RanFood_GC

PC_Crate_04_Bandit_GC
PC_Crate_04_Clothing_GC_cm
PC_Crate_04_Clothing_GC_xp
PC_Crate_04_Ingred_GC
PC_Crate_04_Misc_GC
PC_Crate_04_RanFood_GC

PC_Crate_05_Bandit_GC
PC_Crate_05_Clothing_GC_cm
PC_Crate_05_Clothing_GC_xp
PC_Crate_05_Ingred_GC
PC_Crate_05_Misc_GC
PC_Crate_05_RanFood_GC

Praedator

Postby Praedator » 02 Aug 2014, 11:09

man do I need to replace lots :/ but well didn't clutter most areas yet...better now than never

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 03 Aug 2014, 18:14

I have now finished filling all of the containers. Empty Containers like PC_Barrel_01 that are supposed to stay have been given a levelled object named 'PC_Empty'. Containers that are supposed to get removed have been left completely empty. That's how you will be able to recognize them. You do not need to look at the above lists, as things now deviate a bit from them.

Now we should gradually try to get the objects needed for the NPCing of Stirk done. I will help where possible and insert them piece by piece.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 06 Aug 2014, 20:50

Short question: Should I maybe upload and release the new version of PC_Data now rather than later so the container stuff can get sorted out right away? Most of the new objects have not been added yet, but the update would enable scamp to review interiors and praedator to continue cluttering the docks.

Praedator

Postby Praedator » 06 Aug 2014, 21:07

Worsas wrote:Short question: Should I maybe upload and release the new version of PC_Data now rather than later so the container stuff can get sorted out right away? Most of the new objects have not been added yet, but the update would enable scamp to review interiors and praedator to continue cluttering the docks.

I would be happy to have the new PC_data....but a more pressing issue are the models I need. I can do another week without a new PC_data surely, cluttering the containers a week or two later is no problem for me really.

But if I need to wait longer, I will switch to CoB, and leave Anvil for what it is until everything is ready, models and PC_data. I already have two cells with 1600+ refs and several upto a 1000, so I have been very busy :)

What I have done upto now in a week, I surpassed Wolli's Anvil 5 fold, and he worked on it for months.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 07 Aug 2014, 00:34

We do need to be careful about references. 2000+ grass meshes are fine since they are quite low-poly. 1600+ actual misc/architecture items though... and that's a couple of cells right next to each other. Remember the Stirk FPS hit some people experienced!

Praedator

Postby Praedator » 07 Aug 2014, 06:18

Scamp wrote:We do need to be careful about references. 2000+ grass meshes are fine since they are quite low-poly. 1600+ actual misc/architecture items though... and that's a couple of cells right next to each other. Remember the Stirk FPS hit some people experienced!

I know Scamp... it may not sound like this but I really try to keep it as low as possible.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 07 Aug 2014, 09:40

From left to right:

1. raw wool
2. raw silk (brown-red according to our silk lore, I have not looked into the redder ancestor moth silk yet, as it it will not be something you would encounter regularly)
Above it, laced niben silk. A common export good. I will maybe add another color variant.
3. rice
4. the new wheat
5. newt hide. I have made it as much worth as guar hide.
6. dragon scales as they are part of the dragon scale armor. I assume that it is a similar to the "hound meat" in that it does not come from actual dragons but from today reptiles called river dragons? What should be its worth?

I have not made the mithril yet, as I figured that it would not be a commonly availible good in the 3rd era anymore according to LNerevars Silk lore. Any containers with mithril content have been emptied for removal. I have added regular crates and barrels with wool, rice and newthide that should probably get used around the docks of Anvil and a lockable chest with dragon scales.

I want to add 1-2 variants of silk cloth aswell yet to have all states of silk industry availible. Though, no cloths with ritual markings yet, only regular export silk.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... dients.jpg

Praedator

Postby Praedator » 07 Aug 2014, 09:48

Looking good Worsas, and ezpecially Lavender was a pain to use in interiors due its size and shape.

Yeti
P:C Modder

Postby Yeti » 08 Aug 2014, 06:19

I'm going to suggest you guys do yourselves a HUGE favor by not giving every NPC in Stirk unique dialogue. It will drive you absolutely crazy writing that amount of text and trying to keep stories consistent between different characters.

Try to shoot for 25-30% of NPCs with unique dialogue, instead. Generic NPCs serve an important role as dispensers of general background information to players, and more often than not we don't need to know an NPCs life story to understand what role they serve the game world.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 10 Aug 2014, 22:44

Worsas wrote:From left to right:

1. raw wool
2. raw silk (brown-red according to our silk lore, I have not looked into the redder ancestor moth silk yet, as it it will not be something you would encounter regularly)
Above it, laced niben silk. A common export good. I will maybe add another color variant.
3. rice
4. the new wheat
5. newt hide. I have made it as much worth as guar hide.
6. dragon scales as they are part of the dragon scale armor. I assume that it is a similar to the "hound meat" in that it does not come from actual dragons but from today reptiles called river dragons? What should be its worth?

I have not made the mithril yet, as I figured that it would not be a commonly availible good in the 3rd era anymore according to LNerevars Silk lore. Any containers with mithril content have been emptied for removal. I have added regular crates and barrels with wool, rice and newthide that should probably get used around the docks of Anvil and a lockable chest with dragon scales.

I want to add 1-2 variants of silk cloth aswell yet to have all states of silk industry availible. Though, no cloths with ritual markings yet, only regular export silk.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... dients.jpg

The Imperial Library's Guide to Akavir describes MW's dragonscale armor as an Akaviri import, in which case authentic Akaviri dragonscales should be worth 100-200 septims, somewhere between dwemer artifacts and raw ebony. Otherwise, since AFAIK nothing in-game actually corroborates the Akaviri theory, as you suggest we can make it simply river-drake scales and give it a value of about 5 septims, more in line with alit/kagouti hide.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 10 Aug 2014, 23:09

The Imperial Library's Guide to Akavir describes MW's dragonscale armor as an Akaviri import, in which case authentic Akaviri dragonscales should be worth 100-200 septims, somewhere between dwemer artifacts and raw ebony. Otherwise, since AFAIK nothing in-game actually corroborates the Akaviri theory, as you suggest we can make it simply river-drake scales and give it a value of about 5 septims, more in line with alit/kagouti hide.

I didn't know about that reference. In that case the dragon scales should be rather expensive, I'd say (it should keep in a reasonable relation to the dragon scale armor itself).

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 04 Oct 2014, 11:03

With the new PC_Data availible we now have the following tasks with regards to Stirk:

- TDFs file needs to be updated to use the vanilla imperial race and the dialogue filter scripts. Dialogue entries that currently utilize the Colovian and Nibenese race need to be updated to rely on the PC_Nibenese - variable instead of the races.

- Replace the currently used shop signs with our new shop signs.

- Replace all invalid (content: -none-) containers in all exterior and interior cells with valid ones. In the first place this affects pos-, bandit-, clothing- and smuggler containers.

- Check over the placement of all instances of lavender and wheat (ingredients) as they have changed their dimensions (the size has not changed between now and the PC_Data-WIP handed to Scamp and Praedator in between, though). This is a big one but hopefully the last one of this kind.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 05 Oct 2014, 13:35

Hmm... I know it's rather stupid that I am asking this question, but does anyone remember if there was a more recent version of Stirk than 2.5? It's the last version I have. I remember giving it to TDF, but I don't remember him uploading a version with more interiors merged or NPCs added.

If 2.5 is indeed the latest version of Stirk, I'll get to making these changes soon.

PreviousNext

Return to Stirk